/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

You need a pterodactyl just to get around edition

>News
-Monster Hunter: World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13175939
youtube.com/watch?v=W62j4xfq_yQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

JUST

>tfw huge dinoboo
>like anjanath
>it'll probably be a great jaggi-tier tutorial monster that jobs for later monsters
fug

REEE IT'S NOT THE SAME EXACT THING AS BEFORE

inb4 MH is dead when we haven't even seen gameplay yet

>be gay furfag
>blogpost about it
kill yourself

MH is dead

westernised magala when

These threads are going too fast. I'm hyperventilating. /v/ LEAVE!

8th for World looks amazing, stop being autistic

Apologize to your elders

I find it hilarious people are going overdrive over the t-rex design being simple like he's the flag monster or something when he jobbed to fucking rathalos.

MH is alive

anyone got a living MHXX download link?

Where are the sources that it isn't a western studio making the game?

Where does it say that capcom japan is making it and not just overseeing some shitty western studio like capcom vancouver?

>yfw gunlance and hunting horn are still shit in worlds

Day one PC pirate.

Okay /v/ermin you can leave now we get it

>new thread and jost one hour
HOLY FUCK

But I'm not from /v/. I'm from the irc and wanted a quick laugh by seeing how the current gen handles the news of another MH spinoff

THE BIGGEST QUESTION ABOUT WORLD
do capes return?

They changed it, so it's BAD!

strawpoll.me/13175939
strawpoll.me/13175939
strawpoll.me/13175939

So what am I going to play now to get my hunting fix?

Forgive me grandfather, I have strayed from the path of righteousness.

is this real life

>eyes
ONE FUCKING JOB

Am I the only one who noticed that underwater combat is probably back? Im kinda glad tbqh

So what's Japan's reaction to Worlds?

Besides the intro credits not stating studio name being western like Dead Rising does and did during it's reveal? There's no sources it isn't a western game. No sources to say it is a western game either.

thanks to the influx in /v/irgins looking for console wars

Japs have a long history of keeping the best shit for themselves and I expect the same to happen with Monster Hunter. XX will be good, Worlds will be trash. Just jap xenophobia at its finest

>Dauntless BTFO'd

>damascus R cape in 4K HD

WHO'S READY FOR PAID GASHA MECHANIC DLC

OPEN YOUR HUNTING SUPPLY CRATES

UNLOCK NEW TRAVEL BIRDS

SHOW OF YOUR SICK WEAPON SKINS

OH SHIT DO YOU HAVE THE TIGER CAMO FOR THE DESPOT'S CLOUD BURST?!!?

I BETTER BUY 5 BOXES OR I CAN'T GET THE SPECIAL EVENT SKINS

MAKE SURE TO STOCK UP ON PREMIUM WHETSTONES THAT GIVE YOU THE GRINDER EFFECT, MANDATORY FOR HIGH LEVEL PLAY

Though I love underwater combat, I highly doubt it

Replay older titles, that's what I'm going to do at least.

What do you mean XX "will" be good? It's already out, you ding dong.

>Xbone version is not available in Japan
>PS4 has exclusive content

Animations Physics by Miss Ushanka

Cabela's Big Game Hunter Pro

youtube.com/watch?v=W62j4xfq_yQ

Anyone who can into nipponese got a TLDR for this?

>implying hunting horn and gunlance will even be in it

Look at all these autists complaining that glorious nippon is changing the gameplay formula. I'll be here enjoying my enjoyable modern game while they can sulk away into the shadows of irrelevance.

With 4K tressFX nigga, got that dynamic light subsurface scattering and 90fps too, shit this game is gonna have rotational velocidensity off the motherfucking charts.

>game wasn't announced to japan until we heard about it first
>they have to convince jap players to look forward to this one with a stream

Big red flags are already there.

I played maplestory for 10 years micro transactions have no effect on me.

>People are already judging a game without any real gameplay shown.

Classic.

>Getting the game for PC

Enjoy that hacker infested Multiplayer ruining all hunts for you.
Save editing is gonna look like a joke compared to what is going to happen on there.

>"Help they gave our bosses tons of money and now we have to throw out years worth of gameplay just to please call of duty fanboys."

lot of "guess i have to get a ps4 now", lot of vita port begging, some switch port begging

>gee this monster doesn't seem to have eyes. i better give him some!
Paul W.S. Anderson needs to be noosed

Wait for them to announce MH5 on Switch

Telling the Japanese fans that the game is good and that they will like it, and there is a game play stream on the 20th to show them that they shouldnt be afraid of the changes.

THAT would be the death of MH, just short of buying monster parts with cash. 2.99 per plate!

>tfw mhworld happens just because sony is mad at nintendo for taking mh away
>tfw sony pays its enemies to cuck nintendo

PCfat here, I've been playing since FU and that game brought me through high school where I had like no friends. Seeing this bastardization of a great franchise is compelling me to get the rope.

>tfw khfag
>tfw mgsfag
>tfw valvefag

I set myself up to get BTFO.

Well, you see how this general is taking it, now imagine a nation where MH is practically a national pastime.

Well there was a litlle scene where the hunter swimmed in a little lake and emerged from underwater.

This. When the fucking dude in charge of it has to plan a thing specifically to "assure" nips that it'll still play like MH that makes me real fucking wary.

the movie is an abomination

>no gameplay shown

that is the whole FUCKING PROBLEM

unless it's some CGI intro with a party doing MH shit, it shouldn't even be possible to show in game footage of shit that isn't fighting a monster

this cinematic bullshit is not actually playing monster hunter

They just said hi, welcome back to playstation capcom said yea it's been a while since p3rd, sony guy said can you give us details, copcom guy said no but there will be an even in akibahara on the 20th show casing more gameplay and features.

Guildsweety > Guildmom

You could try it on PC.

WTF is this and where did it come from?

every single MH intro is shit tho. remember MH4

Considering the casual/westernized nature of mhw I doubt they'd bring back something so controversial. But hey, anything could happen at this point.

Guess how will World's guild sweetheart will look like

Japanese people are so autistic they make the people in this general look like well balanced adults. Everything that people are screaming about in this two minute trailer, the japanese will respond to with death threats and letter bombs. We're talking about the nation that will bury an actress' career because it's rumored that at one time she held hands with a boy.

Welcome back to PlayStation been a while and just formalities, Reassuring fans not to worry about the changes, capcom wants to try the things that have been meaning to do but were limited by hardware, event in japan on the 20th they wont give out new info until then

XX already came out, people imported it and hated it. Where have you been?

Probably? It already jobbed to King Jobber Rathalos.

Dude, chill. It was just the announcement trailer, we don't know what the fuck it was in relation to normal gameplay. They can get away with telling us virtually nothing at this point for the simple reason that non-Nintendo MH is a huge announcement in and of itself.

>MHW looks different
>MHW is available for more then just the 3ds and Switch
>MHW looks visually appealing
GOD I HATE IT SO FUCKING MUCH ARGGGGHHHH.

>hunter, you're too tired from your recent hunt! purchase premium meat with Zenni Tickets to hunt again! Get an additional 20% Zenni Tickets when you purchase this weekend!

>>tfw khfag
>>tfw mgsfag
>>tfw valvefag
Do you know anything but despair?

Says
>>People are already judging a game without any real gameplay shown.

Then assumes the gameplay will be something hackers can ruin either.

>Enjoy that hacker infested Multiplayer ruining all hunts for you.

There's hackers in 3ds Monster Hunter. Just kick them out of your hunts and it isn't a big deal. We need a lot more info about how worlds is going to work.

Personally, I got friends that I can finally talk into a monster hunter game. So I just need worlds to not be utter shit on PC.

I really hope New World wont be shit.
I'm fine with the weird tool thing and the rope I guess but that fairy shit seems annoying.
Also hope there's more then just that one area.

>series called Monster HUNTER
>me c.2004:
Hmm. No real hunting to speak of like the intro showed, no tracking, sneaking, etc, but its still pretty fun so w/e.
>MHW
>me:
OH HOLY SHIT it's what I always hoped the series would be, plus HD graphics, this looks dope, let's run by Veeky Forums they must be flipping their shit oh my god wow!!!
>vg: WAHHH BOO WHY CANT I JUST GO STRAIGHT TO THE MONSTER THIS IS GARBAGE SOMEHOW I KNOW WHAT THE GAMES MECHANICS ARE LIKE WHEN LITERALLY NOTHING HAS BEEN SHOWN FUCK ME SOUR GRAPES SOUR GRAPES

Fucking never change you guys. You don't want Monster Hunter. You want Monster Fighter. Which is fine. But don't even pretend like you're upset about Worlds destroying the spirit of the series. You never understood it to begin with.

>but were limited by hardware
straight from the horse's mouth
nintendo eternally btfo

This is a console game not a mobage. And the only console mobage (grand kingdom) doesn't use an energy system. Or a paid system at all for that matter

hopefully the right BMI, I love guildmarms hips/thighs and want more

I love how with all the complaints, no one's saying shit about the game possibly having water combat.

It's from some computer animation artist's portfolio on Youtube. I don't have the link, but that's literally it. I guess he forgot that the movie has only been announced and there's no trailer yet.

Can we all agree that the real problem is nintendofags who are salty that a MH game is not on 3ds/switch even though it was originally a PS exclusive?

If you aren't a ps4/pc/switch idort you are doing something wrong.

t- bab hunter

>wait till you see the gameplay before judging
>red flags

When is MH World coming to Switch?

So were microtransactions confirmed or are people assuming? Sauce if true?

who /nintard/ here?

If they don't let me mount my fucking Gunlance and use it as a SNAFU emergency eject then I am going to be slightly disappointed but not that much because that's really stretching it.

>no more timed hunts
>no more arena
>no more pointless unfun challenge quests
>no more unfun g rank artificially difficulty
>no more bullshit 1% rng drops asian tier grindyness
>monsters look like a fun experience to hunt now and not an autismfest of rng positioning and striking

Wow! This is going to finally be a monhun worth playing. I'm hyped up as fuck!

The only people who are upset about MHW are the TA autists because of no more Brave and Absolute cheating and times won't matter anymore anyway. No more e-penor for them to wave around and that's all they ever cared about. MHW will be what makes the monhun community great again. I can't wait!

I'm sure this made sense in your head

>MHW looks visually appealing
nah

woow bro, in MHW a fairy tells you where exactly to go, so much tracking wow

I have both and think this looks like shit so fuck off with your consolewar nonsense that is only even a fucking concept to poor brazilians and eastern europeans and 12 year old children