/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

D4kka d4kka edition

>News
-Monster Hunter: World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Extended footage: youtube.com/watch?v=WCGbdxAjWRs
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W62j4xfq_yQ
gematsu.com/2017/06/monster-hunter-world-announced-ps4-xbox-one-pc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

which monhun game lets me make/dress up the cutest girls?

Is that a new Turok game?

W O R L D
O
R
L
D

P3RD is the best to play alone since its one of the easiest games meaning you don't need to rely on other hunters.

World, of course. Did you not see the trailer?

frontier g

>When the monster scream in 2:36, the hunter didn't cover up his ears. The animations for harvesting are quicker for the tree gooney stuff but gathering bones still seems to take same amount of time. Heavy bowgun can siege mode while moving without any recoil? Hmm..no recoil skill for bowguns anymore?
CASUAL
WESTERN
TRASH

That I can play now not next year.

Anyone who doesnt like MHW is just some faggot who started playing the series in 4U.

This is Anjanath, the long lost brother of Gasura Basura.

>throwing things with your hand is too silly we need a wrist gun
Literally WHY

ayyyy bros mhw is gonna be hype yo

grandpas just dont understand

Will World have slut armor or will it be cleaned up for western piggu?

>Open World City with phased players where we can ERP

Bueno

any game with stygian zinogre

Bros should i get my vita out and charge it and reach G rank in FU to celebrate Worlds?

I-Is it back?

Please say it is.

>tfw i dont own a switch but im still mad it isn't on a nintendo console for some reason

like i feel betrayed and dont know why since this was a sony game at first. not even false flagging

Whining about Tri babbys?
4U babbys?

Wait to see what Worlds does to this fucking general.

They confirmed no underwater combat.

I can finally comfortably play monster hunter with my large American hands

Can't wait to report people for lewd shit and getting them banned from online.

I'm feel like you. I don't what is happening.

of course

Do you nintendo fans really not own another console? not even a pc?
nope

It better have it, slut armor is an important staple of the franchise, like Rathalos, or weird cats.

>literally a full auto machine gun
>still has the tiny silly bow horns

we'll probably need a /mhw/ to run parallel with /mhg/ so that people who want the new format and people who want the old format don't kill each other.

Why is everyone overreacting?
It's just a shitty movie tie-in.

lol fag

>Developed by the main team (1, 2, Tri, 4)
>14 weapons.
>developers confirmed that it plays like traditional Monster Hunter
>Good graphics

Memes aside why would Capcom do this? The Switch has a great launch, why would they fuck them over this hard?

How I see it is, after awhile /v/ will stop showing up and the generally will go back to normal MH discussion, every now and again someone will completely derail the thread by bringing up MHW and how its the best game because it looks pretty, and has easy combat with little effort required.
It will be like calling Persona 4 the best SMT game in an SMT thread or defending Other M/Federation Force.

maybe some MHG art will cool down the thead
rate my art pls

probably because you've gotten used to the fact that these games have been Nintendo exclusive for 6 years and the sudden change to not even being on a Nintendo console is catching you off guard

Looked more like maybe it's one of the "seamless zone transitions" they talked about.

Basically, there's still zones, but now instead of going to a loading screen with map data, you watch a cutscene every time you change zones.
Not sure if that's better or worse.

Why won't Brachy give me his marrow? I just want to blow up seltas queen with blast bow.

they deserve it for also going paid online

They said Kaname Fujioka isn't the director though.

Because they've been developing this game for years and had no clue how the Switch was going to perform.

New format?
This spin-off won't go past a single game.

>>developers confirmed that it plays like traditional Monster Hunter
Where? They told people not to panic over the trailer's gameplay changes, meaning it does have changes.

I own all systems, but I'm not buying it anyway, I'll just pirate the PC version.
I'm not interested in paying for movie tie ins.

Instead it'll be directed by his irradiated half-brother, Akira

>mfw shitposted so hard on /v/ they tell anyone discussing monhun to go back to /mhg/

How are you nintenbabies doing? Feeling suicidal yet?

>developers confirmed that it plays like traditional Monster Hunter
Why do you trust this shit? What the fuck else would they say?
>hey we fucked everything but buy it anyway

no talking cats pls thats gay weebshit made to appeal to nintoddlers

I didn't say it would user, just that some section of the community will want it to.

Have more confident lines/10

Does GS still have it's weight and slows you when you unsheathe it?

The only feature not confirmed is timed quests, but quests themselves are confirmed as are sharpness stamina and all weapons

Mainline will probably still be on Nintendo. We'll see when the announce MH5

Clearly it has changes. You can aim where you want to throw items. Surprised no one's brought that up much ITT.

That can't be, otherwise it won't be seamless.

I like the colors user, good work

This is everything I wanted and more. The best part is Nintenyearolds will stop playing my fucking game.

>They told people not to panic over the trailer's gameplay changes
Did they really do this? Where? How badly do you fuck up that you're so unsure of what they presented that they have to tell people not to freak like that'll actually work?

>Mario + Rabbids
>its just Xcom but it still looks like a Mario game

>new Monster Hunter
>doesn't even looks like a Monster Hunter game

What happened here?

You're talking about returning features, this is about the new features.

>Worlds introduces lockon to a PS platform

will we defend this?

think cloud strife from final fantasy VII

did Frontier have unified servers between console/pc?

Is there still a chance I'll be able to play with my pos4 owning friends while I play on PC

NEVER EVER

Why was there no blood when the hunter hit the monster?

>Welcome to the new World: Taking on the role of a hunter, players are tasked with going on a research expedition to a newly discovered continent known only as “new world” as they venture on quests to discover more about this mysterious land.
>Living and breathing ecosystem: Utilize the surrounding environment and wildlife to your advantage. For example, pit monsters against one another to lure the main target creature to the right place, but be careful not to become hindered by the hazards they present.
>Global simultaneous release: For the first time in the Monster Hunter series the latest title will release within the same launch window and unite hunters across the world with cross-region cooperative play options.
>Online drop-in multiplayer: When the battle is too daunting to take on single-handedly, hail up to three other hunters to assist during quests by sending up a SOS flare to a worldwide server full of potential teammates.
>Hunt to craft new gear: Defeat monsters and collect loot from fallen foes to craft equipment and weapons styled after the monsters that have been slain. Selecting the right loadout can help exploit enemy weaknesses to gain an advantage in battle.
>Master the beasts: A variety of ferocious creatures inhabit the new world landscape including the series mainstay Rathalos and the all new Anjanath. Players can mount the monsters with the dynamic riding mechanic, allowing them to travel along the monster’s body and deliver locational damage.
>Seamless gameplay: Players and monsters can move from one map area to another freely and without loading screens whilst gameplay also dynamically transitions between night and day.

The best part is playing an online service that isn't by Nintendo because they really can't figure the internet out

youtube.com/watch?v=W62j4xfq_yQ

I just don't get it. What does this mean for Monster Hunter 5? Why are they neglecting the Switch?

What?

Dude, it's the elevator trick.
Plenty of games are "seamless" because they fill loading time by placing the player in a set thing that's not too taxing that can hide the level loading in.

When will the consoletards leave holy shit. Also does anyone want to make a room, I don't care about Worlds until they show off a hunt.

It means development for 5 started only recently.

Do you not know how fast Japs will send death threats the moment something rubs them the wrong way?

FU then p3rd then 3U, then 4?

Sound good?

talking cats were there before the series moved to Nintendo though.

PEE GEE

Japan is creaming their pants over this game, why can't you people learn enjoy games instead of shitposting about consoles?

Underwater combat sucks and so does Gobul.

gematsu.com/2017/06/monster-hunter-world-announced-ps4-xbox-one-pc

Gameplay Overview

The latest entry in the critically acclaimed 40 million unit selling action RPG series, Monster Hunter: World introduces a living, breathing ecosystem in which players take on the role of a hunter that seeks and slays ferocious beasts in heart-pounding battles. Venture on quests alone or with up to three other hunters in a newly designed online drop-in multiplayer system which allows cross-region cooperative play between Japan and the West, uniting the global player base for the first time ever. Monster Hunter: World will also be the first game in the series with a worldwide simultaneous launch window and is planned for release on PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One in early 2018. A PC release will follow at a later date.

Monster Hunter: World sees players gear up to venture on quests to battle against fearsome monsters, progressively improving their hunting abilities as they play. Loot collected from fallen foes can be used to create new equipment and armor upgrades as players seamlessly move across map areas that comprise the living ecosystems. The landscape and its diverse inhabitants play a critical role as players strategically use the surrounding environment to their advantage. Hunters must use their cunning and abilities to survive the intense and evolving fights as they battle to become the ultimate hunter!

The leak claimed that half of the team is working on this and a group of people who said this is stupid is working on a MH game for Switch called MH Portable and it plays like normal MH

Underpowered

*Skrees in 4k HD*

>>Online drop-in multiplayer: When the battle is too daunting to take on single-handedly, hail up to three other hunters to assist during quests by sending up a SOS flare to a worldwide server full of potential teammates.

This honestly sounds cool as fuck

the only combat in the trailer was the greatsword doing the standard aerial attack, hitting the monster's head with the standard upswing, and a new mount attack where he smacked the monster in the face with the greatsword. It looks like it'll be the same moveset as always

Because Veeky Forums is full of literal retards who are either underage and have poor parents, or are poor and miserable adults themselves who can't bypass console barriers and take it out on others online.

help!

Mainline will remain on Switch, it's not rocket science.

Perfectly content playing XX HD (announced tomorrow for the West) while awaiting the PC release. Hope it's not too far behind.

FU then FU then FU

Just play 4U wtf why are you doing this

>get a localized nonexclusive side game after years of not getting anything
>mainline is still a Nintendo thing
>lol how will ninendofags recover from this! XD

Say it with me guys
ALL 14 WEAPONS CONFIRMED

Would you?

>yfw TGS comes and MH5 is announced for _______3DS

It's looking alarmingly likely the multiplat contract will only lend out Rathalos and Diablos.

>Players can mount the monsters with the dynamic riding mechanic, allowing them to travel along the monster’s body and deliver locational damage.
thank fucking god they're overhauling mounting. Hopefully mounting doesn't knock the monster over super easily too.

>Switch is getting an outsourced 3DS port
>Sonybros, Xbros and PCbros are getting the real Monster Hunter 5

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING

What I'm thinking is that it'll have the lowest large monster count since MH3, considering it's made of entirely new assets. At least it's the start of a main console MH that will eventually transition to and become the standard on more powerful handhelds in the future.

Thanks, i keep hearing FU was the golden days of monhun, I'm just sad I wasn't there to play with friends.

But what if I want the bot and not some random french?

>mfw rath flying by giving no shits