Is this the biggest interior blunder of all time?

Is this the biggest interior blunder of all time?

This generation grew up with tablets.
They literally can't live without having them around them anymore.

I wish these would flip over and hide into the dash like a drawer similar to how some aftermarket head units work.

They really fuck with my aesthetics autism.

who cares?

back then people called it ugly as fuck (and they were right)

Its pretty messed up. I can say that with confidence because there is a fucking number pad on the control panel....and you can type in phone numbers by highlighting individual characters. There are permanent persistent menu options displayed on screen at all times despite the buttons and as if you couldn't tell what of the five things the screen can do that it is currently doing. Everything is boring grey colors on the screen for no reason so its just that little bit more tedious to read.

And that's just the problems with the screen, which is twice the size it would need to be if they knew what they were doing with it. Hopefully this was a while ago so they've figured out something better.

Personally I'm waiting for the day we can customize these displays so I can get all the information I need and nothing I don't in glorious, functional monochrome with no shading.

fairly sure they did on the generation before

Ralph is gonna be pissed!

I'm sorry are 8 year olds driving?

Sure they did. I'm sure you'd know.

kids who were 8 when the iphone appeared are.

Gen X and older milenials grew up with tablets? Because they're the ones buying entry level mercs right now.

>GAGES

Fucking kek.

>Gen X grew up with tablets
No.
Gen X didn't even have phones, let alone tablets growing up.

18 year olds are the ones buying new mercs dude. I understand there are kids getting lambos for their 16th birthday, but that's not the norm.

*aren't

>tfw 80's funbox
>tfw modern head unit
>tfw elegantly spartan interior with all necessary amenities

No butt warmers though

It doesn't have to be a luxury car to have a big dumb screen in it. Hell, shitboxes from four years ago had them because a big dumb touch screen is cheaper than buttons.

It lets the dash sit lower

Why can't they just put an android tablet in the car. It'll be way more seamless than any of the proprietary and dated garbage they put out.

how well do android tablets age? honestly i doubt you can get 5 years out of one. can they even get the latest version of android after that much time?

god you are useless

>tfw basic 80's interior with fuck-all for information or media so I just tack on aftermarket dials and screens wherever they fit, drilling into the original dashboard plastic with woodscrews

Blame the government.
They mandated that all cars have backup camera, and most companies achieved this by integrating it in with the "infotainment" system.
I would be willing to bet that a lot of car companies would ditch the tablets, or have them only available as an option, if they didn't have the backup camera requirement.

If you aren't trying to play amateurishly-coded "games" then just about any tablet can do the things you expect a tablet to do. All it needs is enough processing speed to decode video in real time, and enough RAM to load a few web pages at once. I got mine for $200 and my only complaint is that it can't do 1080p x265 video. But x265 is bleeding edge new shit and it WILL do 720p, and you can't tell the difference on a screen that size. x264 or older is no problem at any resolution, and I can multitask browsing and chat windows all fucking day with no noticeable slowdown.

Computing does not take as much power as you think. Most "aging" you notice in mobile devices is either background processes stacking up over time and taking up all your resources, which can be solved by uninstalling shit you don't use anymore, or apple literally engineering their latest OS so it won't run on the old hardware, and pushing that update to the old hardware anyway so their stupid customers go "fuck this thing is so slow, gotta get a new one"

They age fine. Unlike cars, they receive software updates for free and for much longer. They also tend to have better on board hardware as well the capability to not be stuck in one app 24/7.

Why are you such a massive faggot?

Yes its not even vclose

it's not sticking UP OUT OF THE DASH. That's a screen that that's fine.

yes, looks like total dogshit

Yes, yes it is. This is the reason why I got the Golf R instead of the S3. I hate the tablet-type screens in the "luxury" cars, it's ugly and like an afterthought.

The biggest interior blunder of all time was when your dad shot a load in to your mom.

The real question is, has anyone snapped them off the dash?

Reporting this to the police, you cant say shit like that