>high speed corneran
>no respect on the roadan
>turbo lagan
>smoking base model pigfat "sport" cars
>ignored by girls
>getting bullied

What do you drive?
What do you like about your hot hatch?
Post your glory stories and tales of woe behind the wheel of your econobox on crack

Is the hot hatch the new as fast as your dollar goes?

If you're buying a new car and you're a 20something with a not so great job I'm willing to say yes the hot hatch is one of your best options for a zippy fast car with modern comforts

The fiesta st is purely an enthusiast car that is too ugly to drive outside of a track setting so yeah just more evidence for the case

>ugly
as long as the interior is fine, no one cares, cars are made to sit inside, not look from outside

>smoking base model pigfat "sport" cars
does this even happen
bikes have always been this

Yeah dude I'm talking about base model charger, mustang, yknow, "manly cars" that you can beat even from a dig cause you know your power/weight ratio is way better

Does a 20-year old Saab 9-3 count as a hot hatch

I like that mine never fails to trigger literally everyone. A fucking Toyota Avalon just had to race me from a stoplight this morning on the way to work.

[spoiler]The Avalon won.[/spoiler]

What really pisses them off is when you have a turbo Civic shitbox and you cuck them from the red light in a fwd shitbox. My entire car, including all my simple mods, came to around $4k, the car was $1k. Makes 400hp.

>tfw my hatch isn't all that hot anymore

>The fiesta st is purely an enthusiast car
made me kek

How much powah does one have to pull to be considered "hot" or "warm"?

This is my qt hot hatch. I love it so much but fuck Honda for giving it fake vtec

More than the Veloster is hot.
Less than the Veloster is cold.

Hot hatch a gud boi

Sorry about your car bud
The veloster had potential but it's so underpowered

What happened to it user?

Turbo hatchyyyyy

Yeah the most buttmad drivers are base model camaro drivers. V6 automatic? Nothing personnel kid *blast them past 3500 RPM*

2016 mazda 3

its fucking great

proportions are WAGON. Love that these new Civics aren't heavier, and actually damn near perfect in size.

Mercedes of course makes the top tier hot hatch. When you see these next to like, a Toyota Matrix, they're actually pretty damn small.

Camaro catches up with barely touching throttle, never exceeding 2,100 RPM and she never noticed your hoopty ass shitbox

No one expects the PTGT!
>345hp/389tq
>5-speed manual
>Fuckhuge turbo
>practical as fuck
>tfw torquesteer

>said no one ever

Yeah the thing weighs almost the same as my s2000

I find 5.0 mustang drivers to be the most cocky and egotistical. Then when you cuck them they say 'i-i didn't even have my throttle all the way in...heh..." *sweating intensifies*

Is the Type R as good as I want to believe?

I'm gonna buy a manual CR-Z for dirt cheap soon!

>bikes
Only comfortable for like half the year because fuck biking when it's cold, or raining, or snowing.

I tried following one of these things on a curvy road and almost killed myself because i'm 1000 pounds heavier

I like these but I cant help but feel they look like crossovers with less clearance

"R-race me from a d-dig" *grips steering wheel* "muh torque!" *fidgets nervously trying to disable traction control*

Mustang driver a qt!

That isn't even a warm hatch.

hows it goin fellas

It beat the special gti on the nuremburger with production spec so I think so yeah

... So a sedan?

Today? 175 to 200hp, because of how pigfat they became.
I miss the lightweight days when 100hp was all it'd take to start a party.

Howdy fellow GTI senpai

Nice gtis friendo is that a new mk7?

So I should get one?

It's one of the more expensive hot hatches but hey man if you wanna turn heads this is the new hotness

Das rite veloster sucks!!!

>Be GTI owner
>secretly loves the look of the gookmobile and hates Hyaundai, not veloster or owners, for not making it more gooder.

We can have the N model when?

It's an svt focus, compared to modern hot hatches, it ranks around lukewarm

*promptly looses control into a conveniently placed crowd*

Talk me out of getting a 64.5k Miles MK6 DSG GTI 3 door hatch for under $10,000.

Finna do it senpai.

>under 10k

Fucking do it senpai what are you waiting for?

>Dsg
Nah my dude. Maintenance alone is enough to avoid, and if you live in a place that gets heat that trans will run like ass.

Rip. Car is selling in Florida. But I heard DSG's are significantly faster than manuals, I can get a manual with 80k miles for the same price....

serious question, do the gti's engine last more than 160.000km? i heard they blow up at approx 200.000km? i would like to get the newer model.

I've owned MK6 and MK7 GTI, both using the DQ250 DSG. The only maintenence really needed is the fluid/filter change every 40k miles. It is a very solid and well made transmission but it will commit sepukku as soon as you deviate from that 40k schedule. The shitty DSG to avoid is the DQ200, and that was never put in the GTI.

Same my mk7 runs like a buttered up hog through a crowd of naked babies. Smooth as silk. All the forums back up your claims too. It's a rock solid transmission. More people have issues with the wipers than anything else on the mk7, and no forums mention faulty DSGs on the mk6 either.

1.2 corsa first car fag reporting in.
Going to put some spacer nuts in before the muffler and white letter my tires.

Would like to lower but I'm not spending money on my first shit box that I need to dd to uni. (doing automotive engineering, who else here is or has?)

How does it fair against a Golf R?

Hnngghh r32.

Stick is more fun and mk7 is a better platform

Do you guys like winter driving?

Don't rice it up you young cunt

>asking a rhetorical question just for a (You)
fuck off

No fuck YOU I was trying to hear about when he got it while possibly getting some deets on the r32 gti it's called conversation faggot have you ever had one?

>fwd

It's true, they fucked us by putting the economy engine in the ep3 rather then the power one, also it looks better in black

sure, but I for one like to be able to appreciate the aesthetic of my car
a car being ugly isn't a dealbreaker, but good looks certainly score some bonus points

>manual only
>tight af bucket seats
>stiff af suspension
>torque vectoring
>140TW summer tires
>comes with a performance driving school invitation
Nobody who isn't a car guy buys these things, any normalfag will get a different Fiesta trim instead

Good morning hatch bois what are your hoodlum weekend plans?

>ywn do a downhill battle against kk in your swift
Feels bad man

Yep, hoping to last another month on my summer tires though. Winters are just so squishy when the roads are dry

try 85
t. AX GT

Actually some boomer from my town got a GTI because he walked into the dealership and asked which one was the most expensive

The i30N is looking fucking fantastic

The new Swift Sport is coming with 138HP and only around 970kg of weight. Should be fun.

The 106 rallye makes my dick much harder than any million dollarydos hypercar.

>AX GT

It's a 700Kg/1550Burgerkilograms featherweight. At that point you could stuff a lawnmower engine in it and would still be a hothatch.

I ordered a 2018 golf R (mk7.5).

I can't wait.
I'm bummed that break in will be done in the winter.

That is all.

> tfw 950 kilos on 95 HP
> tfw didn't buy the 132 HP engine because I thought 95 would be enough

kids remember: you can never have too much horsepower

Was looking into mk7 R earlier today. Found Out they were bumping hp from 292 to 305. Then found out the mk8 is slated to have 350.

I'll probably buy one in the next 2 years, but the mk8 might make me wait longer...

Also haldex why

Focus st bro reporting in.

Apparently my Fiesta ST has been 13psi short of the recommended tire pressure this whole time. How many Em Pee Gees have I been missing out on? (31 burger MPG right now)

I usually average 30mpg highway so Idk man.

but GTIs aren't the most expensive VW by a long shot

depends a lot on environment you drive in. I get 35 highway in Denver

The waiting game is infinite... Also, gti and R have underreported power, r is currently more around 327hp.

Also, mk8 is all rumours as of now.

How come the gti mk7 sport doesn't have a mechanical boost gauge

I can't stand this electronic meters bullshit. Switch between gauges in a distracting infotainment system? No fucking thanks.

most ""mechanical"" gauges are controlled by ECU readouts these days anyway

What tires do y'all run? I'm weighing the options for my next tire change and I'm seriously consodering michelin pilot super sports but I do want to get some input

well gee it might be helpful if you said what size you need or at least what car

The interior is probably the worst part.

Thank god ST's here didn't have that ugly base model console

Any love for a cold hatch?

>1.5L four-banger
>no turbo
>100 hp
>100 torque
>9 second 0-60

As long as you can turn at 30-40 mph fuck yeah

It handles quite well. I don't know about 40, but I've taken corners going pretty quick.

The Car and Driver review (for which it won 10 Best 6 years in a row) said: "there's nothing better than driving a slow car fast."

>345hp/389tq
>on what fucking planet

Come to Denver bb

On planet Earth, motherfucker. Stage 3 parts and a custom tune. It's not hard or expensive. Look up SRT4 builds, some guys get 450+whp from the stock block+internals.

>Stage 3
>Stage
Literally kys

>fuck biking when it's cold, or raining, or snowing

What are windscreens, heated grips, and waterproof gear for $2,000, Alex?

These look and sound cool but I hear they aren't very sporty to drive.

aren't k24 swaps in ep3s easy as fuck?

>no one eats in my car is in the same group as plastidip shit
what is it like being retarded?