Driving home on highway in middle lane

>driving home on highway in middle lane
>gaining on car ahead, it's a trashed out mid 90s civic
>probably another old mexican lady who sits in the middle of the highway going 20 under
>already passed 2 of them
>as i get a couple car lengths away, i look right to switch lanes
>car in front swerves out of the way, exploded tire tread in middle of lane
>oh
>almost no time to react, can't go to lane on my right because car and havent checked left lane
>last i looked in rear view there was a car behind me so i cant slam on brakes
>fuckme.jpg
>stomp on gas to raise low front end to avoid bumper damage
>thunk
>mfw

License plate is slightly bent, but the small gas leak I had before is now worse because the fuel sending unit got shit on. Fuel gauge is now over an inch past F and theres a small puddle under the truck.

I already ordered a new gas tank a few days ago and I was waiting til i drop the old tank to see what fuel sending unit i have, but now I can't drive my truck without becoming a fireball because the fuckwit who last owned the truck cut the exhaust off right beside the gas tanks

>car behind me so i cant slam on brakes
but if you brake they will brake as well duh

the people around here are retarded, this is texas

also i have drum brakes to i doubt i could have stopped anyway

>also i have drum brakes to i doubt i could have stopped anyway
Was it raining? If no then it's such a bullshit meme that drums can't brake hard, they can lock up your wheels so they're strong enough. They only perform worse than discs when they're wet and overheat faster, though slamming the breaks once doesn't do that

then I've fallen for the meme and payed for it

coulda been worse, the flywheel on my truck is exposed but didnt get damaged

my bad it's actually a flexplate, not a flywheel

How Low is your truck?

the front end sits pretty low compared to the back end, about a foot off the ground, maybe a little lower

Square body Chevy with saddle tanks?

yup, driver side tank supposedly doesnt work from what i was told, and my passenger tank has had a small leak thats been progressively getting worse

>stomp on gas to avoid bumper damage

Wat
You do know what 'bumper' means, right?

nigga im not gonna spend the cash on a new chrome bumper

besides the bumper sits so low it most likely would have caused a ton of damage, all it did was slap the shit out of my gas tank and damage the fuel sending unit, which i was going to replace in a few days anyway

Now you gotta spend money on a fuel sending unit and fix a gas leak.

Congrats my man, you just played yourself.

jokes on you, as per my above comment i was literally gonna replace it within the next week

Damn, I got played.
Good luck with it, either way.

>stomp on gas to raise low front end to avoid bumper damage
Yeah, better run into other cars, that'll surely avoid bumper damage. You mouth breathing fucking morons. Texans need a good gassing, all of them.

Can I get the gas too, even if I'm not Texan?

I'm Texan and I think you and OP are busriding idiots. Prove me wrong.

That sucks man. I hit a tractor trailor tire on my morning commute one day and fucked up my headlight, grill and header panel. There was nothing I could do to avoid it, it just flew out from under the car that was in front of me.

I later hit a tire AGAIN on the same road. Luckily all that did was put a big black mark on my bumper that I could mostly rub off.

Sometimes it sucks driving a low car.

Its ok, its a crown vic. Havent you seen the old cop shows? Those things can hit curbs doing 60, go flying, and be fine