Body Off Frame

So why haven't you truck cucks traded in your horribly unreliable farm equipment for a Honda Ridgeline?

what, did he brake too hard with back lugnuts loose?

Drove in a straight line at a reasonable speed

Unibody is for cars you silly faggot.

And trucks that aren't shit

>Ridgeline
>Truck

Not so fast there pal.

Enough of a truck for 90% of truck purposes for private owners. They just hate to admit it.

He's got a cheap body lift and said he crashed after his steering wheel started to shake, I suspect that he didn't use lock nuts when installing the lift, and the body was just sitting there via gravity because the nuts backed off.

Honestly this

It rides nicer than any "real truck", even the new abominations covered in leather and chrome and cost nearly $100k

Did you just assume xir's gender?

>a cheap body lift
You can't do that with a Ridgeline.

you could literally say that about anything that has a bed, that doesn't make it a good truck.

Are you the framer who needs to finance a $70k F150 to carry around a nail gun and a portable air compressor?

No I'm a poorfag with a 400 dollar truck that's lasted me like 10 years now.

I could also literally say that about a small utility trailer the three times a year you need a bed for gardening or your old fridge, but most people will still barge around in a shitbarge truck on a daily basis because they wanna look tough and rugged without having to be tough and rugged, the little pansies.

>10 years
>still drives a $400 truck
And at that rate you're gonna stay poor

>10 years
>still body on frame
atleast I'm not in a honda.

That's because you're too poor to afford one

I'd rather be too poor to afford a ridgeline than be wealthy and have to buy a ridgeline

He's gonna stay poor for not spending money on a new vehicle when his old one works?

A mud hut works fine for shelter as well

Or a $400 truck

But the Ridgeline has a unibody sitting on top a traditional ladder frame now.

>even ironically shilling for honda

Gotta bait a little harder

It always had a ladder frame. The new one is even stronger

Basically don't fuck around in sand

>I give a heck about mall-crawler-nigger trucks

>Th-Those don't count!
>That Humvee is a m-mall crawler
Stay BTFO poorfag

stay sad honda boy

but that is objectively a better truck for anyone who doesn't live on a farm

Imagine living in a constant state of denial

aren't these transverse engine fwd?

Only if you buy the base model which dealers don't even stock. The rest use a full time AWD system that can easily send most of the power to the back, and 100% of that power to the wheel that needs it. No wheel braking fuckery, just a proper diff
Probably derivative of Acura's SH-AWD system that was good enough for Audi to copy

>tfw barge around in a shitbarge truck on a daily basis because its my only form of transportation
>trying to go full ham in the opposite direction and get a motorcycle but broke cause lolgradstudent
>The damn bike would literally pay for itself in gas savings if i could scrap together the money for one
Hurts bad, man.

You realize how fucking uncomfortable a Ridgeline is? My uncle bought one (he's retarded.) and the seat feels like sitting on a lawn chair made out of hardwood. No back support, no plushy feeling.

>honda pilot with a bed

>Lugnuts

His rear wheels seem fine.

Do you mean body mounts?

I think they made a good move separating the bed from the cab.

The IRS pisses me off but if I only carried tools and gasoline then it would suite those requirement fine.

user you might be morbidly obese

IRS is fine for something that only needs to tow 5000lbs, makes for a comfy ride too

I am more interested in payload but to be honest there are some massive fullsize trucks out there that don't even break 2000lbs rated payload.

Sometimes it works out.
>Jeep Cherokee with a bed

Oh you mean an Odyssey with a bed? That shit ain't no truck.

It might not look it, but it caters the need of 90% of trucks out there.

If it quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

It's more truck than you'll ever need

This. They got fwd transits that carry more than an 150/1500 truck

and this is bad how exactly?

im tempted to say this is more truck than many need

Unless it has an Acura badge, it's trash

The Ridgeline is a truck for people that don't need a truck, so of course it's good for the majority of Americans and Veeky Forumstists

what about something like a 2wd chevy colorado?
isnt the Duramax® 2.8L Turbo-Diesel more fuel efficient than the ridgeline?

If the ruffling had not garbage ground clearance and a two speed transfer case I'd rock it

if that was lowered 2 inches it'd be a ute

I'm ok with that though

If you're going to use a vehicle for heavy duty work, wouldn't a cheap, disposable truck be better than a fancy schmancy mall crawler that costs 100K? If the cheapo truck fails, at least it was cheap, and I'm sure most people outside of contractors wouldn't even THINK of beating their brand new trucks.

Ridgline*

my mom's suv has more ground clearance than that shitbox

Might as well buy a kl Cherokee you cuck

The 4wd diesel is still more efficient.

Somehow it doesn't even ride any worse either.

>isnt the Duramax® 2.8L Turbo-Diesel more fuel efficient than the ridgeline?

The fucking 5.3 gets better mileage than the ridgeline. That's one reason why it's a joke.

Most people with $90k+ trucks write it off as a business expense. Or they actually tow and do a lot of miles with it and want something comfortable. Most mall crawlers are $50k crew cab short bed gas jobs.

You faggots don't know how to get properly sandy.

So It will tow my S650 Bobcat up a mountain pass?

Nice looking little car. Want a Subaru Baja myself would fit my work well.. (5+
miles of gravel road a night)

Is this a stuck in sand thread?
Also, unibodies can't flex

My XJ begs to differ.

Weren't Comanches colossal shitpiles, though. I mean, I want one anyway, but still...

Doesn't help that they might as well be unicorns around here.

Funny I didn't see any of those helping or rescuing people after Harvey came through Houston. That tells you the type of person that buys those and it's capabilities.

I'm surprised we didn't see any Harvey threads here on Veeky Forums with the amount of trucks that showed up.

Your XJ uses a kinda not super lame type of unibody where AMC took a frame and a body and welded them together, netting you a scookum-for-what-you-get product. Shit will still get fucking wrecked easier than a BOF vehicle but it's a pretty wonderful thing.

%
in europe maybe.

to be fair to the MJ, you also got a removable bed, the body welded to a frame as stated above with the XJ, but the inclusion of deeper framewells in the rear; deeper than J trucks even.
>colossal shitpiles,
by any metric other than being an AMC Jeep product no, not really. They're great little trucks and they certainly aren't as rare as you'd think.

>transverse engine
>truck
yeah no

also the only "truck" with a timing belt in 2017. it probably gets better mileage than a tacoma but if you wanted better fuel economy you could get a cheby diesel

user I'd have to say as a subversive little shit I'll keep your post in mind and be sure to be an autistic fuck screenshotting vehicles used by americans helping other americans during future disasters and I will make threads about this. Mainly to make fun of europeans.

God bleds u.

honestly yank trucks like that just look too long, look how easy that thing beached itself
why not have sensible trucks like we use in NZ
the good old toyota landcruisers and nissan patrols are as big as we get here. see a few yank tanks round and they just look fat and overlarge
also, fuck OP, body on frame is tough and rugged as all hell

>t. Nigger rich poorfag

It isn't even to fun of euros. You would think a bunch of vehicles of a specific kind gathering and doing something together jointly would be moderately Veeky Forums related. Especially when there was so much variety in the trucks I saw.

Nobody who actually uses trucks offroad goes for those long wheel bases. Those are for when you need to haul 16 mexicans and nothing in the bed to the mall in your diesel dually to impress everybody, while also towing your boat.

Not even contractors who buy fancy-looking trucks for actual work purposes buy those.

American trucks are long and big because Americans are DDing heavy duty pickups, so you end up with Heavy duty trucks being loaded down like some higher end SUVs.

Honestly, Heavy duty trucks are becoming the next SUV.

>buy the flashiest and newest equipment even when your current equipment is fine!
I bet you think just because youre making payments on a $50k car loan you """own""" that car too huh?

duallys look fuck ugly too

The other week I was following a dually and it was literally all over the lane markers. It would have taken a precise driver to keep it within the lines.

Of course it was very clean and had nothing at all in the bed. I actually had to slow down and maneuver around it.

iv only ever seen one dually truck here, thing took up more than one lane, would never be able to take it single lane country roads

> Sandniggers
> 4wd'ing

>used by americans helping other americans during future disasters
Meanwhile anarchy on African levels breaks out in the US after every natural disaster.

>vehicles used by americans helping other americans during future disasters

I have noticed that the American way of doing things is to form a circle and drink energy drinks while talking about doing things. Showing up to the disaster site, standing around and saying that you are helping is not actually helping.

Duallys are no wider than an iveco euro cab or Hino ranger. Sure it's wide but it's not wider than any other actual truck

It's like an international standard width.

Now here we see the average American falling for the marketing meme

It depends on what you are doing. If you have a pickup for personal use then when it fails it doesn't really inconvenience you that much.

But if you have dead lines and your truck has a bit of downtime it can really fuck you up

>imma contractor guise

This. It's why any $400 automobile is a terrible idea if you need to get to work
It's fine for a NEET with an army of shitboxes

I don't see any normal trucks there as well, only jacked up bro trucks with drivetrains begging to be put down

>you can either own total shitboxes or a brand new chrome laden mall crawler. Of course there's no middle ground!

This kind of thing can happen to any truck that doesn't have the right tires. Conversely if you throw some ATs on a Fiesta it can get through sand pretty well too.