Where did it all go wrong?

Where did it all go wrong?

musk

It turns out oil is a renewable all along.

Nobody is going to read this but I'll type it out anyway
The batteries alone in the cars cost upwards of 30,000 dollars, Tesla has been burning money since they started and have lost billions in their assembly process. Musk is a talentless hack who just got lucky with paypal.
The one question you need to ask yourself is "What makes Tesla a better manufacturer than BMW or Lexus would be?" the answer is nothing. Tesla is just one of the few companies stupid enough to jump onto the electric car bandwagon so early, meanwhile all the major car manufacturers are just sitting back waiting for the right moment to get in and literally wipe Tesla off the face of the earth. Hell, the fucking Bolt is an amazing electric car and better than literally anything Tesla has to offer.

I started hating electric cars after Tesla fans made it worse. They are constantly rambling around saying "It's faster than a hyper car and why would anyone buy a sports car when you can go faster in a Tesla!" Idiots don't understand the concept of a sports car.

False promises

He gonna stike a deal with columbian drug lords to stay afloat for few years then when they dont get returns on that... This story sounds soo familiar man its like history repeats or something every time somebody thinks they can just make a car company from scratch and even compete let alone last for 100yrs

This.
They based their opinion only on the drag races, not realizing, that the Tesla drains it's battery insanely quick, if you go on full throttle. Just watch videos of people bring them into actual race tracks. I saw a car show several weeks ago, where 2 guys tried to do a time attack match in a Tesla at the Hungaroring. The car couldn't do 2 (TWO!!!) full laps before heading back to the pits, because the batteries died...

Uwe Gemballa 2.0?

What I have to say too. The fans just centred around the drag timings and just made it all worse. I mean come on, those are just commuter cars. The new Tesla Model 3(which some already call as M3 because of the M in the "Model" - cringe) is going to be a pure commuter car and I'm sure someone is gonna act it being like a damn sportscar. Otherwise I appreciate Tesla of being all-american and building a really successful electric car.

They cause more emissions to produce than the average car, then you need all of the lithium for the batteries, which only have a limited life before they start going bad. Then it takes a long time to charge and you still need to get the electricity from somewhere.
I guarantee you'll never see a thirty year old tesla on the road, and if you do it's probably had needed tens of thousands in new batteries.

If I was running things, I'd just say fuck it to safety restrictions so we can start making lightweight econoboxes like geo metros that get 50+ mpg.

why are you so butthurt about electric vehicles?

I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla drops the car thing and just goes into batteries full time

Why does electric cars weight so much? Heck, the Mirage is only 2000 pounds.

Lots of first gen electronics are stupidly bulky

Batteries are heavy

The bolt even with batteries removed is 2500 pounds. Weights more than the Prius C!!!

They over leveraged and under delivered, every couple of years Musk pushes back the "we will be profitable by" date 2015 to 2017 then a couple of months back he moved that to 2020.

I think the future battery market is what gets people interested in Tesla stock. I remember a while back when the news was making a big deal about Tesla having a bigger market cap than traditional car companies. It was silly because it's not about the cars. It's the batteries.

As it is, though, I don't know why I should bet real money that Tesla can make batteries better than everybody else.

The problem is they have nailed their colours to the Lithium cell production as it comes to the end of it's life. Solid state cells aren't going to be a massive step up in performance characteristics but they are safer, slightly cheaper and require fewer rare materials to manufacture, they do however need totally different tooling.

I think he's making a direct reference to DMC

They can't. The gigafactories are built and run by Panasonic.

No, Tesla plays an important role. I'd never buy a Tesla but I understand the importance of them. They represent a large stepping stone from the electric concept cars you see on the cover of a popular science magazine to a reality of practical electric cars. If electric cars are ever going to succeed a progression will be necessary to move from the super-expensive prototype phase to production and average-value automobile stage. Teslas represent that rather large step from a napkin drawing to production vehicle. Again, they are expensive, lack the range and charging facilities, and it's kinda the only car of its kind on the market, but it's the fact that there is public interest means the electric car won't be dismissed to the pages of some concept car book down the road.

When they decided to not let anything be user servicable

I wish they'd make electric tractors, start with the hobby ones.

Too bad nobody in calfiornia owns any land

Nothing went wrong.

Petrol will be phased out in 20 years and you're going to kick yourself in the head for not buying up Tesla stock when it was cheap

"Petrol' will be phased out in 20 years?
Lol no maybe in your communist yuropoor country but not in North America

California makes the rules for the US and they want ICE gone.

Why can't these people make fucking good cars?

>Where did it all go wrong?
The same person who owns it owns SpaceX.
If he only had either, things would've been better.

you're so smart user. way smarter than all the rich successful people who own tesla stock, which gives the company a market cap larger than the domestic Big 3