/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- SPLATOON 2 COMES OUT JULY 21!
- Four teams from around the world will compete in the 2017 Splatoon 2 World Inkling Invitational at E3. Schedule and stream can be found on Nintendo's E3 site: e3.nintendo.com/
- New weapons have been revealed to the public all of them are going to be shown at the E3 exhibition matches!
- New gear abilities are coming to splatoon 2 details: splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/161734047139/in-the-upcoming-splatoon-2-world-inkling#notes
- New trailer has been released showing off Splatoon 2's single player campaign.
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- Rotations are now every 2 hours instead of 4.
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/874556368946044928
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12384/~/how-to-purchase-or-pre-order-nintendo-eshop-games-on-nintendo.com
nathsplays.deviantart.com/art/Splatoon-Squid-Pattern-Wallpaper-Grey-602285837
nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/nintendo-details-splatoon-2-and-arms-e3-tournaments
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder that our lord and savior is competing tomorrow at 2:30 Pacific Time / 5:30 Eastern Time

Octobrush Nouveau is best brush

For now

The new Octobrush is shaping up to be pretty good too, assuming they buff autobombs between now and release.

>Jetpack special

That alone keeps it from topping the Nouveau. Robot Bombs a cute though.

The Inkjet's only real downside is that it makes you more vulnerable to enemy fire, but even then, it's only really if the enemy has longer range than you do. Plus, you have what is essentially a super-powered blaster on board when using it.

I'd say it's at least a bit better than the Inkzooka, which relies far too much on both accuracy and 1v1 encounters.

Good night, /ink/.

Good night, user.

It makes you sniper bait. The Blaster weapon on board is cool and all but chargers for better or worse are a popular weapon class and the Inkjet is a giant "Chargers shoot here" sign. The Inkzooka doesn't expose you as much and is an effective tool for dispatching long range weapon users and just general area denial.

Learn how to link new threads before the last thread dies, you fucking jackasses.

twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/874556368946044928
Not entirely sure what this post is about. I think it's about kill assists? So if you take out a squid together, you'll see a different icon and probably receive a point each, or something. SplatoonUS tumblr will probably clear that up soon.

Anyway, the final score now shows how many times everyone assisted each other and used their specials. Apparently you will be able to toggle between the old-style leaderboard.

>That guy from last thread was right
Well what do you know.
I'm hoping that old style toggle is correct.

Marie makes my penis hard.

Good morning, /ink/. Remember not to miss the E3 event today.

I hope the toggle is something you do while the score is up.

That is in four hours, everyone. Also, the Splatoon 2 tournament at e3 is later today. That should be around:

>14:30 PST
>17:30 EST
>22:30 UK
>23:30 EU

>The winning team of the live-streamed tournament will win global bragging rights and will have their names engraved on a sweet Splatoon 2 trophy. Announcers for the Splatoon 2 tournament will be avid Splatoon player, Nintendo fan, athlete and broadcaster Jordan Kent, Ashley Esqueda of CNET and the Nintendo Treehouse’s Eric Smith.

I'll be asleep when all the Nintendo stuff is happening. I'm a little mad, but I'm looking forward to all the news I'll get to read in the morning. come on 2nd testfire announcement

I have learned from a reliable source that Tim is in fact a manlet.

>you will never do this with Tiny Tim

It hurts

I feel like the jetpack doesn't fit a brush very well... It's a very obvious and outgoing special, while brushes are so sneaky. Everyone will know where you are and you'll be hopeless because you're a brush.

The robobombs, on the other hand, seem to be a great fit. They can surprise opponents, it seems.

>ordered arms because Amazon Prime preorder discount
>don't even own a Switch
please let us preorder a Splatoon bundle this week, Nintendo

why do you circle jerk so damn much about these memes

>NoA
>bundles
>or anything for splatoon

PLEASE

>Can't do digital preorders outside NA
I have to wake up at midnight to download it so its ready when I get home from work, its bullshit

NA doesn't have digital preorders either.

Is only NA
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12384/~/how-to-purchase-or-pre-order-nintendo-eshop-games-on-nintendo.com

Not for Switch.

But it says right at the top of the page applies to Nintendo Switch

And when you actually look at any of the games, none of the unreleased ones have a preorder option.

Really? That sucks. I'm not in NA so I wouldn't know.
I really hope they add it because its pretty bad when every other platform can do it.

They had some maintenance last night on the Switch, and they are doing more this week, so I hope some things like digital pre-ordering and pre-load are being prepped

I wonder if this means a more nuanced way of ranking players.

One complaint thrown at the games ranking system has always been the fact that it has just been if the team loses everyone goes down. Some people like this cause they feel it encourages people to try to work better as a team, other people dislike this cause they feel it is unfair that players are not rewarded for their extra individual efforts and slackers and bad players can just ride on the backs of better players and still get the same rewards. But if they could balance rewarding individual achievements while encouraging team effort that'd be great

It really is funny how they managed to make their online services even worse. There are a few things that the Switch can't do that the Wii U could while we have no new features to make up for it. It's amazing how little the situation has improved since the Wii.
I don't think you should get any points for losing, no matter how much you contributed individually. It's a team based game and some losses here and there aren't going to kill you if you're really that good. The scoring system is fine as is and it shouldn't be over designed too much.

If I can literally stand still a whole match and if my other teammates are skilled enough to make up for my incompetence, it seems rather unfair that we all receive the same reward. The fact is the game gives out individual ranks, but in reality it is hardly a measure of individual skill level if the only thing your rank depends on is whether you were on the winning team. I don't think there'd be anything wrong if the best performing players on a winning team receive 12 to 14 point points while the least performing players just receive 8 for trying. You can still keep the basic system intact where all members gain or lose points, it's just better to incentivize players to develop those skills that help their team to have a greater chance of winning and make sure more people in one skill bracket are more likely to be on the same level

Calm your tits, it was dead for a few hours before this one went up.

You can't just stand around every game. The system evens itself out over time. Bad players stay in A+ while the good once go to S+.
> I don't think there'd be anything wrong if the best performing players on a winning team receive 12 to 14 point points while the least performing players just receive 8 for trying
I don't either. I also don't think it would make much of a difference.

I think its more of the incentive rather then the actual point affect. People will want to do better to get more points when they rank.

There's plenty of bad players in S & S+.

okay fair enough. I just think that the incentive is kinda already there.

Tell me something I don't know.

Likely because squads are a thing. Even then people in S are overall better than A+ and below talking from experience.

Squads aren't going to get you into S+.

The point of a ranking system is to make sure players are given badges that act as accurate testimonies to their unique level of skill. For this to be meaningful at all, you have to have a ranking system that ensures that players cannot advance to rankings that are not accurate measures of their skill and that players do not become trapped in lower skill brackets as a result of circumstances beyond their control. This is a constant process of modifying the system to make it as accurate as possible.

It's not that the current ranking system can't provide accurate measures of skill, but there is a logical flaw to it in that an individual player is given an individual rank SOLELY according to team performances. And I think the general feeling that goes around that the only worthwhile rank is S+ is partly a result of the fact that in the ranks beneath it, it's harder to say the rank actually means anything

Squads might not get you into S+ , but they most definitely can get you to A+ in a jiffy if you have a couple good friends to carry you. A lot of people squad with their newbie friends to get them out of C or B rank hell faster.

I feel like a system of awards would be a Good way to handle it: bonus badges for most kills, least deaths, most turf inked, and most assists, all about two rank points each, could be awarded to each team.

That could work, but I feel like you might not even have to give rank points. You might be able to just give out achievement badges so people can say with pride "yeah, okay, I may be stuck in A- but I've already splatted 500 squids"

I think when the developers crafted the ranking system, they intended players to most likely meet people through miiverse while playing matches and eventually form their own squads. The ranking system is definitely ideal for squads because if you play with the same people continuously enough, your collective B ranks are perhaps a good measure of how you guys are function as a unit. But it's a little more difficult for the lonely player to push through. I think the question is whether Splatoon 2 is going to make it easier for those lonely players as they are or find more ways to make it easier for players to form their own teams and clans so they don't have to alter the ranking system to accommodate for more loners

>The point of a ranking system is to make sure players are given badges that act as accurate testimonies to their unique level of skill.

It's not really though, rank's not supposed to be a trophy even though making it public means everyone feels that way. It's just supposed to spread players out so that they're matched up with people that, on average, won't steamroll them every time and also won't be walkovers. The vagueness of team-based rewards has to balance out over time, given that the exact same vagueness applies to the ranks of everyone you're playing with.

>C or B rank hell

Low ranks are extremely comfy. The only hell is upper S+ rank. Even S rank is pretty comfy.

get ready for disappointment

Sex with Marie!

I'm at work what's been announced so far

nothing interesting

squids!

No new Splat info so far.

No new splat info EVER

all i wanted was the bundle, Reggie

Source?

I meant news in general, honestly. New Kirby and new Metroid Prime? That's pretty interesting.

This is a splatoon general.
Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon RPG on Switch are probably the biggest two.

:orig that shit god dammit, squids for ants

originally requested by me in IMT #609
But I applied the pattern you see in the picture.
nathsplays.deviantart.com/art/Splatoon-Squid-Pattern-Wallpaper-Grey-602285837

looks like Nintendo won E3. Damn.

And I don't know where else to ask... /v/ is cancer and /nintyg/ is probably dead right now.

There is no :orig.
This is a custom wallpaper made for QHD.

I guess so.
New footage for Odyssey is also quite interesting and we're getting new Kirby/Yoshi games as well.

they still can show something around the time the splatoon tournament is live

They didn't win. They literally only showed a logo of MP4, and had some Gamefreak guy say they're making a Pokemon RPG as a passing comment after the Pokken segment. And they even said that is a year+ out.

they wont

Nobody won

It's going to be like this forever

Nah, Nintendo won now with Metroid 2 remake.

>gross 3dpd
>melee counter
Not so sure my dude.

No

>Condemning a game based on an E3 preview

So, when's the tournament?

3 hours from now

ARE YOU GUYS READY TO SEE THE ONE AND ONLY KING OF /INK/?!

i never knew the king was an ant

also just TELL ME
WHO IS TIM
WHY IS HE THE KING OF /INK/
WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK

>he doesn't know about tim

neo-/ink/ i swear to god

i accept it i accept it i am a retard /ink/ newfag just fucking tell me already i don't understand this meme

old regular player from /ink/, he made it to E3 on the U.S inkling open

how did he become a meme, though? you can't just pick a random player here and make them into a weird, there must be some basis

he is really good, also he squadded a lot in here people called him tryhard,etc

>into a weird
must have had some kind of minor brain spasm there, meme*

so did he just leave /ink/ after a while? i'll be looking forward to seeing him play, i guess

This and the Splat Tim meme as well. Pretty sure they just fucked off to Discord a long time ago.

new map

what's that thing in the middle?

soon

But I want to take pictures with my amiibos NOW

me too, user. we must be patient.

What the hell is wrong with you

When's the tournament? Just got home.

In an hour, I believe.

Half an hour.

nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/nintendo-details-splatoon-2-and-arms-e3-tournaments

>2017 Splatoon 2 World Inkling Invitational – Tuesday, June 13, Approximately 2:30 p.m. PT

I'm pretty sure that's in an hour from now on

New map.
It's an art academy. Inkblot Academy. It looks fresh as fuck.
It's a beautiful fucking sculpture you pig

Huh, looks a lot more real world than the other maps.

Splat2n tourney next up on the Nintendo stream