Why aren't these selling?

Why aren't these selling?

I'm thinking of buying one at the end of the year.

Also BRZ is better.

Because they're too fucking small. Some millenials aren't manlets, and appreciate not cramping down into little clown cars.

Millennials can't fucking afford them.

Yeah millenials don't even need a car. There's an app for that. Actually, two apps.

They are girls' cars.

Admit that it's not about the size, taller dudes fit into smaller cars (see: mx-5) if they like the car

We're getting closer to the point now. Maybe 5% of the people I know make more than enough to pay rent and afford a new car like this without struggling. Everyone else is paycheck to paycheck, unskilled, college debt laden, etc

ya 2 door cars are for girls

I should get my BRZ next week.

Did you factory order it?

Nah, bought from the dealership's stocks because they weren't going to take factory orders until January, managed to snag the last silver one though.

>Toyobaru is out for 4 years
>everyone and there mother is crying for more torque, more torque, oh please give us more torque
>mid-cycle refresh doesn't fix the problem and just makes the cars uglier instead
Is it really a wonder?

The WRX exists for the same price.

The price point is out to lunch given the target audience.

i like how small they are

Can buy a more powerful car for about the same price, what is the appeal?

they sell more than the newest miata in the US
they don't sell shit in Europe though

>Never seen one in the wild.
>local dealership have 5 that have been sitting on the lot the entire summer.

i'm in europe and i see more toyota gt86 than mx5
but they still sold more mx5

if you compared them to the camaro or ford mustang they do sell peanuts

I would consider buying one used if it had a cable throttle.

In some european markets their MSRP is ridiculous; 30k in France and Germany and in the Netherlands it shoots up to 48k!

cars in northern country are always overpriced as shit but its doesn't really matter since they're a really small market

If my goal was to buy a rear wheel drive performance car for as little money as possible Mustang would still be the cheapest option. And let's be honest
>muh winding roads
Doesn't apply to most roads you'll drive on. Not to the extent that it would make a 86/brz any more fun to drive than a stang.

>Finland
>BRZ starting at €42.8k and GT86 at €46.7k

feels Europoor man

Also wait what the hell the STI starts at €66k and 370Z at €69k

Holy shit

It all adds up user, plus they are already overpriced in two of the biggest european markets

kek

yeah i know at 30 K they have to compete with the hottest of hatches and entry levels audi's and the miata manage to be at 25 K
so i get they don't sell much here
kinda sad i want to buy one used but the the price just don't dropp

You know, I used to not give a fuck about throttle by wire. It used to be no big deal, since your inputs were largely unfiltered aside from some really fringe cases. The "delay" was just faggot placebo, even.

But as the years go by and more and more manufacturers decide that "intelligent" throttle programming is a great idea, I get more and more sick of it. "Smoothing," throttle hangs, not giving you the full amount of throttle because muh mileage or giving you over what you asked to make the car "feel more sporty" is just pants on head retarded.

Admit what? I seriously considered one, Especially because of Toyota Reliability, Toyota resale value, and I don't care about top performance. They are too small for my needs. And I don't haul passengers around.

THIS
H
I
S
S
S
S

Lightweight is nice, but drive to Vegas in a little hoopty, it sucks. Big cars are smooth and more plush

Because everyone says the same shit over and over

>great handling but the torque dip

People rave about this cars handling but they all say the same shit. Also subaru/Toyota hasn't done a refresh of the car so it's been the same car with the same thing that everyone has been bitching about since the beginning

personally i really don't like the steering feel of kinda heavy cars
i'm used to cars that weight around 1 tons
but yeah i agree

Also the front of the 86 literally looks melted and autistic

They fixed some intake bullshit with this car in 2015 which added about 5hp at the crank which translated to barely 3hp at the wheels

They simply won't fix the torque dip and that's honestly why I don't want the car.