/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>yfw urgent quest crab returns edition

>News
-Monster Hunter: World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In World, shoot your flare up while in the open-world
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
heavy.com/games/2017/06/monster-hunter-world-release-no-nintendo-switch-quest-cross-region-play-multiplayer/
youtube.com/watch?v=UyaT07fv2zg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>In World, shoot your flare up while in the open-world
Soon™

>Sawano OST confirmed

incase the other thread dies, dont forget to throw this in the OP

> -- Monster Hunter World Information with Sources --
pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1

>2(or 3 if XX gets announced later) Monster Hunter games coming to the west
Whoah man

heavy.com/games/2017/06/monster-hunter-world-release-no-nintendo-switch-quest-cross-region-play-multiplayer/

I wonder if the little wrist mounted bow thing that lets you aim projectile items will replace most item usage or if it's just going to be its own thing
It's going to be a lot easier to use flash bombs with it.

>Monster hunter no longer platform exclusive
NINTENDRONES ON SUICIDE WATCH

I was neutral to the trailer untill I saw fucking gun blazing vietnam action SMG. What is this shit.

Monster Hunter 5 is returning to the consoles. This is THE BEST TIMELINE.

>ayyyyy
>bong rips over mic
>dude 420 bro
>plays loud shitty music over the mic
>yo did you watch the latest (insert capeshit) so cool bro
>ayyyyy did you watch rick and morty lmao so funny and deep
This is the hell a casual Monster Hunter for the Western audience will be like online. I hope you're all ready to be solo hunters.

My friend is a 6'0 walking pound of Cuban muscle, that plays 4U and Gen WAY more then i do, constantly beats my hunting times, knows ALL the fucking tricks to this series and belittles me for playing Insect Glaive

And you're absolutely right, he's gonna be fucking furious once he finds out about this

How in the fuck do you know all this, ESPECIALLY considering that the A team is behind this and this is essentially a mainline game?
Fuck off

I wouldn't want some Rick and Morty fanboy chatting my ear off about some stupid shit when i'm fighting for my virtual life

You clearly have only ever played weeb shit online. You'll see how disgusting and degenerate piggus are when MHW is out. Online will be pure shit.

I don't have to deal with that shit as a european, thankfully. Europeans barely talk on mic and half the time it's some angry russian.

CYKA BLYAT

Did all the /v/ have their bedtime? Are we back to 404 general?

I'm Lone Hunta since FU. Fuck randoms.

We fucking lost, fellow Nintenbros. Who's /sellingtheswitch/?

The trailer makes it look like the whole focus of this game is on environments (which people already criticize about 4 and X) and luring the monster into a precast trap (a tree for a pitfall-esque trap, under a rock to shoot the rock and have it crushed, clumps of branches in the water to make it slip).

You can always just jump onto the monster, even when it's in a trap. He did not stand in front of it and try to time his attacks properly to hit the wobbling head, no, he just jumps onto it and mashes buttons. Almost everything in the trailer seemed scripted, like a long corridor the monster is chasing you through.

Well, this seems exactly what people been yearning for so long right? A no-area open world fluid good graphics monster hunter.

I would welcome this with open arms IF this is being made by Capcom and not some western shit studios, but even with this issue aside, i'm scared this might turn out in another resident evil fiasco. This is why i hope this game fail, because i'm seriously scared now.

already did, fuck Nintrashdo, it's like the WiiU release all over again.

Pet the felyne!

>Almost everything in the trailer seemed scripted, like a long corridor the monster is chasing you through.

Every "REAL GAME FOOTAGE" clip is scripted.

Okay /mhg/ what do we call him until we get an official name?
I say Schnozosaur

It's called Monster HUNTER not Monster FIGHTER.

Go back to God Eater, faggots.

>yfw they really didn't mean for us to see the "extended footage" reel

devigrex

What do you think the PC requirements will be for MHW?
t.poorfag with a 1050 TI

T-Rex

Deviant Art T-Rex

>take a normal T-Rex
>put wings on it

rathalos bait

Honestly he looks like a vulture.

>this is essentially a mainline game?

>not even numbered
>mainline

>Someone actually kept this thread alive long enough before directing it to here

Anjanath, apparently

It took 15 years guys but we're finally getting the original vision for Monster Hunter. Stalking shit, setting traps, using the environments, climbing shit, then finally cornering the monster and smashing it.

youtube.com/watch?v=UyaT07fv2zg

Those are obviously fins or frills. they probably can't even function like wings given the size

>what is Freedom Unite

>audience didn't even clap after the reveal trailer

DOA

You know the dos movie where the hunters are staking out a Blangonga and that fuck ambushes them. That can finally be a thing that happens.

post yfw you didn't buy a switch

While I hate to agree with him, he's right. To answer your question
>what is Freedom Unite
You mean monster hunter portable 2nd G?

>>what is Freedom Unite

MH2G?

Can't wait to fly for infinite in MHWorld you guys

Post proofs

Good luck putting 2000 hours in that kind of game.

No, MHP2ndG

holy shit this MH world has killed /v/

>Even Canta is unsure about this game
This game is fucking doomed

E3 is filled with hipster journalists.

PSX is where all the weebs are at. Last E3 there wasn't even a peep for Ace Combat 7 but PSX went nuts for it shouting about slav shit go home, Belkan clay, and here comes the snow.

If you think World looks good you never actually liked monster hunter

Yes. I mean 2nd G. I forgot the jap names.
A question though: do we know what this game is called in japan yet?

That video actually looks awfully similar to the World trailer.

It has the same name in all regions.

>player in trailer doing nothing but setting up traps and jump attacking
Wow way to go for a shit time lol.

I think itd be cool if they did a "fan submission" for monster concepts or designs

Could lead to some pretty creative creatures

Can you blame them for being jealous?

What do you think of the cover? Classic man with back against camera facing monster, but this time not readying his weapon.

MHW feels like Dino Crisis 3 all over again

poor Iwata is break dancing on his cardboard pad in his grave at the announcement of rabbids.
pic related
It's called モンスターハンターワールド in japan. Same name everywhere, really

>watered down gameplay is fine as long as it looks pretty

Where is this meme coming from that only Nintendo fans are hating on this?

admittedly frogruanadrome looks cool AF

This

this is a great image because it so clearly demonstrates that world's direction is so shit that I would STILL rather fight that tiggy zam

>no gameplay shown
>"it's watered down"

Monster Hunter 1 had so much shit cut from it that it's sad. You know how Dragon's Dogma basically had the entire world concept scrapped and entire tower system cut? That's MonHun 1.

It's actually really sad looking at the original art books and seeing all the shit they wanted to do like have the robot skeleton dragons, ancient dungeons, demons, corrupted hunters, bat monsters, snake monsters, ghillie suits as items, and other shit.

I can't wait to see what becomes of the PC version. Dragon's Dogma had a lot of potential, but not enough interest. A few other people I know have expressed their intention to join in with breaking things.

Take a picture of your ps4 with a time stamp and I'll help to put an end of the propagation of this meme.

We gotta have a good meal, mon

headcanon

>no gameplay shown
>because there's no fucking gameplay

The implication is that people care about brand loyalty more than video games when in actuality that has only ever been the case with sonyggers.

I wonder how they're going to handle the world. I assume they'll be wanting the usual set of environments(volcanic, snowy, forest, sandy), but aren't they way over their heads if they try to make each of those big enough to feel "open"? On top of having to link them together, and there will have to be a village or something somewhere, too.

I'm mainly afraid of it being casualized western trash

I'm kind of hoping by "open world" they just meant they removed individual sections with loading screens from maps instead of making all regions linked together.

i wanna sniff the felyne

which erohon is this?

>Dragon's Dogma had a lot of potential, but not enough interest.

>700k copies sold on PC
>not enough interest

that's one hell of a number for a 4 year old port

where did you get that pad from? i got a full red one, i like yours better.

>I'm mainly afraid of it being casualized western trash
Like your taste in games?

>minigun HBG that can be aimed as it sprays bullets
>highlighting fireflies
>grappling hook that instantly makes the hunter mount the monster
I wouldn't be surprised if they removed time limits, the stamina bar and post-item flexing

How do hide all this when you get a woman over?

haha i wonder if there are any lewds of this cat haha

>saying this when the 3DS games were watered down to appeal to Nintendo kiddies, 3.5 inch screens, and the lack of a second analog stick

Walmart I think

I'm more worried about MH

I don't need to hide it from 2D

i too prefer my monster hunter weapons grounded in reality

yeah that's what i'm fearing too

>bringing a woman over
what are you gay?

I'm not sure if it was just for the sake of the trailer but it seems like a lot of the series' wackier shit is absent, like Palicoes mainly. I appreciate how these games don't take themselves too seriously so that would be a loss in my eyes.

>I wouldn't be surprised if they removed time limits
they removed time limits user, stam bar is still in but you know, had to make it dynamic in the demo with no hud,

i have no clue how open world will work when you specifically gear up pre fight with a set amount of inventory slots to fill and combine shit in, this will be like grab on the fly?

Stamina bar is confirmed still in the game

I own the MH4U 3ds as well. I bought a copy for a friend. My friend that doesn't own monster hunter has it. Apparently lots of first adopters got that because it was one of the two limited editions available and the Zelda one was sold out.

Show me your monster hunter psp and we'll talk though.

I wish.