So I wanna get into cars

I wanna buy my own project car when I'm old enough to afford and own one, but I don't know where I could start to learn more about how cars work and how to repair em. My end goal is to one day buy a near dead 240z or 280z and restore it to its former glory, but in the UK considering just how expensive it is to buy one, how could I ever manage to restore such a thing?

>when I'm old enough to own one
EXIT
THIS
BOARD
RIGHT
NOW
YOU
FUCKING
CHILD

>My end goal is to one day buy a near dead 240z or 280z and restore it to its former glory

You have good taste. Can't speak asto UK specifics, but getting into them is easy, go to car shows, read books about them (it's what I did when I was young) look things up about them on line, talk with people who have worked on cars a good chunk of their life, and most importantly get a car and licsenced, some shitbox at first that's easy to wrench on.

Buy a newer car if you don't want to die when you crash.

>muh seekret club
who cares. like you waited till you were 18 to post here

I only even found Veeky Forums by age 19. Underage fags need a gassing.

Finaly a person who understands

Not him, and I didn't start browsing until I was 19 or 20 or so either, but that dude's right most people didn't.

Here we have a kid who at least isn't being a shithead and is looking for advice, I mean at least he's taking an interest in cars unlike most teens now days.

Start with a shitbox. Go for somewhere in the range of 98-05, make sure it's got airbags. Get a manual, learn it. It'll be important later if you want to get into older sports cars. Drive the shitbox until it's nearly an inch from death, then fix it and keep driving it. Feel free to make some expensive mistakes, because you'll learn from them. Once you're confident both in your wrenching skills and your driving skills, get a sportier shitbox and learn to mod/track/thrash it. Then, once you're done with that shitbox, get your dream car, fix it, love it, live a happy life with your husband and adopted child,

I found Veeky Forums when I was 15 but I didnt say any gay shit like this kid. This is boarderline bait

Thanks, do you have any recommendations on any books of the sort?

In the UK there's just roundabouts everywhere so it's a tad safer, the only time we see crashes is on highways but thanks for the advice

I just read old refrence books mostly

Sounds like a lifetime of advice really appreciate it, heard that it's easier to wrench on older cars since there's less electrics to have to fiddle with, but I see where a lot of people are coming from on the whole airbag aspect

For my first project a month ago.
I highly recommend a car that is known to be easy to work on and popular. I got a Toyota Altezza with the 1g-fe engine and there isn't even a Haynes manual.
Got to do a lot of hunting for some parts because they don't make them anymore.
At least with a mk 4 Fiesta or something you'll have a lot of parts available and lots of guides.
Even though all that I said above is a pain, I love my car to bits because I do get to work on it, unlike the Mk7 Fiesta ST I had prior

>when im old enough to own one
Listen kid. I was shitposting on this board when I was 15. over 2 years later im still here triggering autists.

Let me take you under my wing. I need more minions. I'll teach you how to successfully bait misogynists, racists, Republicans (practically synonymous with racist but whatevs), and /pol/tards every time. it's fun. try it.

This is in a large part because you have a very good chance that you will slam your first car/have it slammed by someone else.

The same reason your insurance rate will be high because you're a young dude. Statistically, it's just good.

I'm just a 16 year old guy looking for advice on what's a good first car to work on so I can get some key skills for when I'll be able to sustain this type of hobby and passion for my own enjoyment. But I won't discriminate you're hobby, if you enjoy triggering /pol/ users good for you, keep those threads alive

>You must be 18 to post
>On a website s̶t̶o̶l̶e̶n by a 14-year-old

Post some pics of ur ass. i like young twinks

uhm, I'm good bud. I think you'll find plenty of those on other threads that are meant foe that type of content

like this one????

have you tried /hm/

just get something cheap to run, work on, and that won't kill you when you inevitably crash it

Thanks for all the advice, I think I did actually kind of ignore the safety aspect for a little bit.

Never thought of it that way but yeah what the hell Moot

You want to get into cars?

Its pretty easy the first step is just opening the door.

this is the most dad joke on Veeky Forums at the moment

congrats lad :)

>he didnt lurk while underaged

Bought mine for a first car when I was a teenager.... Dont be stupid just buy the stuff you want when you want it.

So did you regret buying that early or are you saying it's worth it? The largest obstacle is just how expensive they are to buy, not counting the cost to restore it. Which Is why I was looking for advice and potential first cars to get into. I wouldn't mind a Miata but I feel like that's what everyone's buying and I didn't want to restrict my choices to just that.

god I wish I had the money to invest in a new car. Now I'm in debt and I drive a 3 speed 1990 buick century. It is quite legitimately the least fun you can have driving a car

old enough is going to be mid to late 30's for most working class uk fags, mid 50's if you already have kids by your 30's.

THIS!!!