/egg/ engineering games general - previously /svgg/

quick, noone will see it was ded edition
all hail /svgg/

Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not as dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Garry's Mod
>GearBlocks
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.
>Shadowverse, found in the shadowverse general, /svg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fevg4aowNyc
mods.factorio.com/mods/VortiK/vtk-cannon-turret
strawpoll.me/13167083/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw no cargo ship mod with train-like automation for factorio

>tfw bland biter enemies that are only strong because xbox huge ones soak damage and distract your turrets

3rd for Hardware Engineering pirated torrent where?

youtube.com/watch?v=Fevg4aowNyc

>tfw no cargo-helicopters for factorio that function similarly to just a giant long range logistic robot+train mix, but with the challenge of requiring complex fuel and needing its own airspace to work (and subsequently inhibiting the function of robos it flies over)

>tfw no bomber planes to automate combat via bombing and nuking enemies but require long runways free of obstructions
>tfw no apache helicopter

>no turrets that shoot cannon shells in factorio
?????????????

You have complete creative control. How do you fix the spengos?

Dedicate 100% of the resources to fix/redo the engine to actually work.
Here, fixed.

complete codebase rewrite
also build an onsite gas chamber for marek

1. gas marek
2. make wheels better, maximum dorifto
3. make it harder, way harder
4. make it fun, by requiring thrusters and reactors and other bits to be created with multiple blocks in 3d with different outcomes if you stack shit differently (think about repurposing reactor mid-flight to gain speed boost, while escaping pirates, previously it was "muh efficiency" reactor, now is "max yield")
4. AI, more, better, threatening
5. you start with no suit, you have to make better assembers/medbays to create different suits (none, socks and sandals, exoskeletons, eva, jetpacksuit, warrig)
6. fix multiplayer
7. gas marek again, just to be sure
8. ???
9. PROFIT

>Tell current team to keep doing what they're doing (i.e. being shit)
>Hire two or three actually competent coders
>Make them reverse-engineer the engine and figure out basic problems (like why does horrific CLANG occur when two objects barely clip etc.)
>Once they have even simple understanding of what's happening, fire entire original team. Full GAS MAREK mode.
>Halt content updates while game is fixed from ground up, redo everything if required
>Once at similar point to current game (content-wise), hire some people for art/animation if coders are too autistic for it
In short, full rebirth of the idiocy that is Keen.

add a leveling system, loot boxes, make it f2p with cash shop and use the profits from that to make something better

I just got a mod for it, haven't tried it out yet
mods.factorio.com/mods/VortiK/vtk-cannon-turret

Rip off Tekkit

Final reminder for anyone who hasn't voted to vote. No further complaints permitted if majority doesn't rule in your favor.

strawpoll.me/13167083/
strawpoll.me/13167083/
strawpoll.me/13167083/

rework FTL
leave current jumps, make them much harder to get, add alternative, more dangerous method that's on current jumpdrive's price
one thing may be instancing a hyperrealm, where normal thrusters do not work (or only h2 work) but you have fourth type of acceleration, just for the hyperdimension. 1m you travel in there would be 10km or so realspace, there are storms inside (demons maybe?) and if any part of your ship get's damaged enough to break off it immediately exits warp... I mean hyperspace, since it's o longer connected to ship's FTL field generator. you can fight there, but beware, PMWs can't function that easily, since they exit hyperspace the moment you launch them

fuck it, rework the current ftls too: add possibility to override the safety or make another block that's just jailbroken jump drive so you can make emergency galactica amospheric jumps
remove option to jump to gps, only blind and to beacons you can see (at least they will have a place in game besides being retarded antennas)

It doesn't get decided by strawpoll, faggot, it's just if the thread agrees and there are no serious problems.
No one brought up any legitimate reason why crossout doesn't belong, so it doesn't need to be discussed.
It was also here the whole damned time.

The people complaining are complaining because FOTM took over the general, as happens with every game, and they will continue to complain as happens with every game.

oh and the jump tracking idea from a handful deds ago

>lets split crossout of the dead general just because its relatively new
did you want to split out factorio when .15 hit too

>when .15 hits too

>you start with no suit
>in space

what's wrong with the engine in your opinion?

hit
hit
as in the past form of hit

He's talking past tense. General was very factorio-heavy when .15.0 was released.

everything

on blaned
or on the lemon

it's doable, not only that, it's quite fun
try it sometime, there's a world option to disable jetpack (if you wanna suffer, turn 3rd person camera off too)

Oh shit I'm sorry
I read what I wanted to read instead of reading what was written down

Besiege multiplayer when?
good taste in animation OP

Sorry for what?
Our daddy taught us not to be ashamed of our dicks, especially since they're such good size and all.

A shorter list would be what is right with it

>Besiege multiplayer when?
soon™
>good taste in animation OP
thanks, but double rotor king is kinda ingrained with us at this point

Yeah I see that, your daddy gave you good advice.

its okay user
you're still cool

It gets bigger when I pull on it

not an argument

Hhhhhmmmmm...

Sometimes I pull on it so hard, I rip the skin

can we stop with the gay memes and get back to /egg/ineering?

I personally like the spengine, but there are plenty bad things with it. No clue what user's main issue is, but one of many may be the speedlimit (which could be solved by conecasting and precalc)

it's a hackjob of the miner wars engine raped into becoming a space game
it needs total replacing

Well my daddy taught me a few things too, like how not to rip the skin by using someone else's mouth, instead of your own hands.

Will you show me?

vrage was a voxel engine from the start. what's wrong with using it for another voxel game? the tech is the best thing about spengs

>Spend all my money on scrap.
>Double scrap weekend crashes the price into the ground.
Guess I'm sticking with chords for the foreseeable future.

I'll be right happy to.

so you think if you raised the speedlimit the game would be perfect?

I'm pretty sure the speed limit was for gameplay reasons first and the physics settings were tuned accordingly

Do race brawl
so fun
eurobeat
drifting at high speeds
racing is fun

race brawl stops
pvp matches turn boring as fuck in comparison

what do?

WARNING SIMSPEED LOW if anything larger than a red ship even dares to exist.
Collisions.
Shit netcode.
Voxel anything, especially for mining.
Rotors, pistons and everything around them.
Did I mention shit netcode?
>one of many may be the speedlimit
That's not an issue with the engine, how is that even related.

oh you are very much wrong, the speedlimit is tied to havok steps
104.4 m/s in game is the max speed at which you can't omit large block collisions, you can't telefrag ships or circumvent 1 layer armour.
obviously that's the theoretical approach, in practice you still can telefrag ships because clang

more eurobeat

many people tie those 2 together, but yea you are right, it's not engine's fault, it's the middleware and the engine's collisions and the way engine calculates your position oh wait

>more eurobeat
more shitbox as well

Someone give me a quick rundown on jewish tricks in cuckout.

> (You)
>oh you are very much wrong, the speedlimit is tied to havok steps
which are configurable by the dev. if they wanted a higher speed limit then they could tune the physics for that new limit instead

>WARNING SIMSPEED LOW
they just fixed that
>Collisions.
what did he mean by this
>Voxel anything, especially for mining.
what's wrong with them?

except it's also bound to how they did things in engine and how it's working with havok
simspeed will always be low
>collisions
it's obvious, he meant KEEEEEEEEEN

Reminder to exercise regularly and eat a balanced diet for general health and wellbeing.

Thanks.

fuck you i wont do what you tell me

then at least engineer yourself a dies and a regime, no need to adhere to it

diet*

Bless

>not also hiding stubs
amateur

Can /egg/ make an A-to-Z list of engines better than the Spengine?

Well yea I guess I could as well.

Why are you so invested in the fact that /egg/ thinks marek should be zyklon'd and spengies made good?
Are you KEEN?
fix game

>fix game
what's wrong with it?

Is there space in the Crossout crew yet?

But the fact we have a list of engines from A-to-Z would be hilarious and we should try to do it.

the planets and destructible voxel vehicles already rule out 99% of engines

Why are people so retarded in the crossout market. Always lowballing or highballing you when you want to sell or buy. Like come on, you are missing out on shekels. Stop being impatient.

but user instant gratification!!

>try a raid
>we lose its pretty hard
>2 copper
>need 50 to make a new gun
>need $25 just to rent the workbench
How the hell am I meant to make anything in crossout?

Sell fuel I guess.

Start jewing profits

To defeat the jew. you must become the jew

How do I jew? I'm a big goy I've never been good at jewing

Don't play the game
Play the market

You will understand when the time comes
now go!

Teach me the ways of the jew, I just ordered a kippah to help me get into the sheeny mindset

for all the slurs against kikes I read on Veeky Forums I've never once seen anyone use sheeny. I only know of it from clerks 2.

That's where I got it too it also added nigger knife to my vocabulary

yeesss

today at work I thought about the nigger knife scene from C2 kek. It just popped in there.

Spengies server working when

first get matzoh, garlic is best in my opinion
then read deds to learn the way of the jew

Okay fine, the light blue line should have curved downwards from where it started and ended in the same place.

I love that entire scene, "baby you can't taste racism" makes me laugh every time. I was in stitches the first time I saw Elias walk out and say "Did Randall call Mr Dante a nigger?". Shame 3 will never be made

Huh... I keep looking for a way to insert data from crossoutDB into google sheet. Anyone have some experience with that?

Don't worry. 3 will be made. When he's all washed up, even moreso than he is now, and there's nowhere else to go, the clerks fanbase will be waiting.

If nothing else, clerks 2 was groundbreaking for pointing out that if you think white people can't say nigger, you're the real racist. Smith probably meant it as a joke but it's so fucking true.

Only people with the correct skin color are allowed to say nigger? That's so full of shit and it's insane that people actually believe that. I'll stop saying nigger when niggers stop saying it.

The person in this picture was the favored republican candidate for president of the united states of america at one point. Think about that for a moment. Of all the republicans, bookmakers thought this guy was going to win. the person in this picture. This is not a shoop.

think about fucking off to

Whatever helps you sleep at night kek. It's easier to not think about how that guy was a viable candidate for the most powerful job on earth. Yess yess goood goy!

literally who.
don't care.
fuck off.
Enjoy your ban.

>Arnie was a governor
>Trump is president
The US is a strange place

Arnie makes sense because he's popular and californians are fucking retarded. Trump makes sense because he's a billionaire who's been dabbling in politics probably for longer than you've been alive. Jeb! on the other hand utterly bizzare. He's the retarded younger brother of an ex president who a lot of people already thought was retarded.

To think that the last election was supposed to be the most corrupt politician on earth vs the most retarded politician on earth really charges my jump drive.

hey guys, occasional lurker here.

does anybody have that screencap with all the gay engineer jokes? I want to read it again, I'm feeling a bit down today.

>the most powerful job on earth.
topkek, amerifags and their view of the world

just go watch the original

who /jew/ here

also invite me to the guild
ign is str4t0s

>need 300 coupons to get a box
>can only get 6 a day
???
Why do you have all of those?