Steering Wheels

I need a good steering wheel but i dont know where to start. What are some good ones? I like ones that have thicker middles.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SMxB4RpCDzA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not op
What are benefits of replacing steering wheel? While I'm replacing steering wheel what else should I consider replacing? Why are they so damn expensive? What about air bag? I don't think these work with airbag

>looks super sick
>more grip
>cool looking
>security if you get a quick release

what car do you drive?

are you replacing strictly for looks?

Also note stay away from cheap chinese garbage example: Grip Royal, NRG etc. You are better off buying used steering wheels from reputable companies than brand new steering wheels from shit companies like the ones I mentioned.

>What are benefits of replacing steering wheel?
smaller wheels with offset are more comfortable to use when going fast

>While I'm replacing steering wheel what else should I consider replacing?
you also need a steering hub

>Why are they so damn expensive?
firstly, not that expensive
secondly, a steering wheel needs to be made from a quality materials unless you want a fucking wet noodle for a wheel

>What about air bag?
lol no
there are some aftermarket wheels with airbags but they are even more expensive

280z
Just for looks, the current steeringwheel im not fond of

get a nardi

What are the downsides of the cheapie stiring wheels? Installation?

youtube.com/watch?v=SMxB4RpCDzA

not the person you replied to but I dont understand why people always recommend Nardi.

While they are great steering wheels, they are kinda boring imo. There are so many different types of great steering wheels other than Nardi that are also slightly cheaper but the quality is just as good.

Installation but also the fact that its made with shit tier materials like the video posted above shows

>280z

Nice, so its not like you are taking out a steering wheel that has airbags. Momo prototipo is ALWAYS a great wheel.

Personal Grinta's is another wheel to consider or even a Nardi Classic while it is a great wheel its kinda basic looking imo. Make sure to do research on steering wheel and make sure you don't buy a fake online.

Nardi is a best. Simplicity goes a long, long way.

Vertex shit would look nice without the garbage fucking graphics they splatter all over the things, Sparco makes some good simple wheels, Momo can be nice but a lot of their stuff is 2003 boyracer shit IMO. Grip royal is just bottom tier ricer trash, and NRG is right down there with them.

>There are so many different types of great steering wheels other than Nardi that are also slightly cheaper but the quality is just as good.

nardi is basically rays TE37 of the steering wheels, only fucking hipsters don't like them

>Momo prototipo is ALWAYS a great wheel
yeah, no
i had one in hand, actually i was looking for it instead of a nardi because it's half the price where i live
the leather is sleazy and moves around due to shitty stitching, and no, it was almost brand new
not what i would expect from momo

Is it a big pain in the ass to switch a bagged wheel with a non? Do they have USB wheels ????

imo

Personal > Nardi
esp if its Suede as I have a massive fetish for suede steering wheels

>nardi is basically rays TE37 of the steering wheels, only fucking hipsters don't like them

I like TE37's, but dislike Nardi steering wheels. I didn't say they were bad quality or anything.

google is your friend

>usb wheels
I have no idea what you are talking about

>Is it a big pain in the ass to switch a bagged wheel with a non

you can literally open up another tab and search on youtube to see how piss easy this is. What are you an old man and don't know how to use the internet? the fact that I even have to explain this to you is concerning.

See I had a Momo that shape, and I grew to hate it. I just do not like that style wheel at all. Suede makes it worse for me. I prefer leather over suede or alcantara every time

OEM or die

There are so many factors when it comes to figuring out if you should change your steering wheel or not.

reasons to keep an OEM wheel

-If its a brand new car.
-if its a somewhat sporty car with a decent airbag
-if you don't plan on bringing it to the track

there are a few cars from the 90s with airbags that are absolutely shite. ex. Miata. They are known for injuring/killing people. so you are better off with the JDM OEM steering wheel that didn't come with airbags. (but is also kinda hard to find) or you can buy an aftermarket steering wheel.

Im assuming you drive a bone stock boring shitbox hence why you keep yours oem.

My OEM wheel was worth more than what I got my Nardi for. It was also too big & bulky for my liking.

I want one like that but leather or rubber
Car came without oem

Sorry guys I just like shitposting basic inquiries for the social aspect.
I trust you more than YouTube normies

It's a big problem

Thicker middles eh?

personal grinta comes in leather

First wheel made of pure Chinesium.