First car!

OMG im 28 and i just bought my first car! It's a 94 Celica GT, it's old and has run 300k km. Got it for a really nice price. Im picking it up next week and i can't wait! Any thoughts? Im lookin to overhaul it in a while but i wanna see how long it can keep running, gonna take really good care of it at least! Anyone own one before? Gonna cruise so hard mmmmh

Other urls found in this thread:

raceeng.com/p-43437-cp-pistons-toyota-7afe-815mm-851-turb0-set.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks like a great first car OP, congratz !
But be prepared for incoming reperations and stuff, that will come for sure with an older vehicle like this
Source: I bought a 94 car a year ago

coulda dun worse

I have a 97 Celica ST with the 1.8 liter engine. Parts are dirt cheap, bought it to learn how to drive stick. Is now my daily. Could be a bit faster though, not many aftermarket go-fast parts for simple mods.

Nice but perform standard maintenance like a new timing belt and water pump as soon as you get it. You might have to give it a tune-up and change the oil soon too depending on what the previous owner did.

Awesome, been waiting patiently for a couple of months and with my budget all i was hoping for was the st200 1.8. This beauty showed up and my stephdad low-balled it like the pro he is! :) He also has a mechanic that will look at it first thing. Im a total greenhorn, but im hoping to learn as much as i can.

>first though im gonna flip the back seats down an crawl up naked in feotal-position

>300k
for how much?

1800 dollars. In Norway though so prices are generally higher...

Isn't that pocket money for you people? lol

How is working on it though? Is it a good car to learn some basic mechanic skills?

It's a dream ! So much room in the engine. Old cars really are great to learn things from.
Especially because old cars have lots of forums and manuals to work with

Its a junk, toyota so yeah if you like fixing all the awful "grorious nippon steel" parts that fail from average use then you're golden

At least the parts are cheap, like American manufacturers.

I love older Celicas. Nice one user.

2zz swap get

Pretty much yeah!

>kek

I currently own a 94 st202. It is a solid car- good for you. What engine does it have? I'm assuming you are from US and the engine is different. My features 3sge.

Cheap $150 ebay turbo??

and it's a older, popular model so you can still get basic stuff at Autozone or another parts shop.

Possible, but I'd be limited to around ~8psi, because the cast pistons and thin con rods in the 7afe don't handle boost well. I looked at forged rods and pistons but I could only find forged rods, not forged pistons.

The GT models in the USA had the same engine as the Toyota Camry, a 2.2 liter 5S-FE, which funny enough they make performance parts for but not the 7A-FE.

Double check the bore on the 7A-FE, it might be the same size as the 4A-GE pistons, if so you might be able to use them but I would check to see if they're compatible with your forged rods

I already looked into that, you can use the forged pistons from a 4A-GE but it raises the compression ratio to something like 12:1 meaning tuning it for high boost would only be possible with fuel that resists detonation.
I did just find these though:
raceeng.com/p-43437-cp-pistons-toyota-7afe-815mm-851-turb0-set.aspx

Maybe some company finally realized there's a market for people who want to put more than 8psi of boost in their ST Celicas and Corollas.

Still kind of expensive considering my friend got vitara pistons and eagle rods for his civic for around that price as a combo.

Y not gt-4?

Those were only sold in Japan, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand and I'm salty as fuck because the USA just got the non-turbo GT with the 5S-FE

Im from Europe its the 3sge, im pretty certain. Its the GT

Does your state have safety and/or emissions testing? Good luck passing those without significant work.