Is there any worse fate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mfo3FQy5CDo
youtu.be/Bce5EFFZ2vo?t=123
youtu.be/_3oz-DSiAkg
twistyroadfinder.com/Home/Maps/Washington
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes. Yes there is

I guess you could lose your legs, but that's about it. I'd like to move somewhere with tracks and fun roads someday, but I doubt I'll ever get around to it.

You could have all the curves in the world but also enough traffic to make them no fun at all and just more time wasting

you could be driving a honda

This, being eternally stuck benind someone else would be worse.

It's like that 3/4th of the time in my hour one way commute to work. So few passing zones, and sometimes just so much traffic I can't do shit but go slow.

why even live?

I don't know, and I've been struggling with that particular question for far too long.

Welp, this just made my week worse. Later user

get a biek

Why don't you buy some land and craft a fun course, and open a track of your own?

Go find your local industrial park.

My drive home every night.

I live in Ontario I know this all too well.

Post location user, we will find you some hooning grounds.

It gets exhausting after about an hour..

Noice. Short enough to not hate having to commute, long enough to get into.

Around 25 minutes total.

I could take city streets and take longer going six miles shorter distance to get home with much higher blood pressure.

You from Graham County?

I work out there once in a while. Had to haul a boat down that road once. Sucked to be me.

The computer machine says 15min. Are you a Sunday driver?

25min is still not that bad though. That's about my commute, except I use my feet so I can get some innawoods time and not go stir crazy from working a desk job all day.

>Is there any worse fate?

being a bus rider.

>watch them animoos
>think you are takumi now
>start calling yourself takumi in online racing games
>become real life takumi
>buy JDM bro
>put a fart cannon on it
>drive it off a cliff
>tfw
youtube.com/watch?v=mfo3FQy5CDo

That's from the middle of my drive, not the beginning.

kek'd hard
What car was it?

JUST DRIVE AT4AM

I live at the foothills of the Rockies in Colorado and it's bliss for my Dagumi fantasies. SUCKS FUCKIN DICK to get stuck behind someone though, there's no visibility around corners and few straightaways so you can't really pass unless suicidal

I'll probably end up wrapped around a tree at the bottom of a ravine one of these days, regaining consciousness as I'm engulfed in flames while gargling my own blood

>live within 1-2 hours of several Top Ten(10) Twisty Mountain Roads Of Europe(tm)
>drive a 90hp Passat diesel
>all of those roads are toll roads
SAVE ME
PLEASE SAVE ME NOW

Get a bike

is this the 520 bridge between mercer island and seattle?

i mean bellevue/seattle... or is the I-90 bridge? seems too damn familiar

I live along a twisty country road, but if you try to drive fast you'll soon find yourself stuck behind a pensioner in a Fiat Punto driving 40km/h or a tractor.

But bikes and proper gear are expensive.
Also, bikes still have to pay for toll roads.

Bikes are cheaper than cars.

Post twisties.
youtu.be/Bce5EFFZ2vo?t=123

But I still need a car as a daily.

Do you?

Unfortunately yes.

i find this offensive.

Found the civic cuck

>roads are in perfect condition
>but there are no twisties anywhere, only like two tracks in the entire country and no touge at all

my guess is some form of impreza.

>Is there any worse fate?
Well, there's my situation

the good
>100 kilometers
>fresh sticky af tarmac
>beautiful scenery
>ghost road (other roads made it literally useless)
>police is never, ever there

the bad
>there are places without any signal
>since it's ghost road, if you need help you will have to wait for hours for someone to pass by
and the worst of all
>wild animals

Rabbits, bears, squirrels, foxes, wolfs, wild dogs, deers, wild horses, you name it. Just think about acceleration and you'll end up buying new bumper

Is that Iroha?

>perfectly smooth asphalt
>straight as fuck
>90° corners
>60km/h speed limit
>lots of cops
>lots of elderly people driving 40km/h
>no place to overtake them
>200km away from the nearest twisties

How do I find a place to hoon? I'm in Augusta, GA

>perfect beginner level touge-ish roads nearby
>being poor, driving a lowpower FF econobox
just not fucking worth it

No twisties, and the only single women around are roasties. Fuck rural Iowa.

I have a 500whp Subaru and a MAYBE 140whp Honda, I can tell you that my Honda is way more fun for backroads than my Subaru. That is also because it's a big turbo 9 year spooling BW S366 turbo, but either way, a ton of power doesn't always make a course fun.

I'm actually downgrading my turbo to something smaller with faster spool cause, yeah, highway pulls are fun, drag racing is neat, but in the end, backroads and touge roads are way more fun and enjoyable. When my daily driver beater car becomes more fun than my "dumpallmymoneyinto" fast car on the roads I enjoy, it sucks.

Plus, in a shitty slow ecobox car, you can still go 'fast' in, because the average speed is much lower and much more attainable on twisties, even by low power cars, and you can keep on the gas more instead of worrying about spinning tires. That and you don't have to worry if you get a few dings and dents in a shitbox.

Really the only thing that sucks about low power is really steep uphill roads. Which sometimes if the turns are super sharp, you can keep your momentum up from when you had enough room to gain some speed and it won't matter too much about the lack of power. Not always possible though.

TL;DR - Ecobox cars can be fun if you learn how to drive them.

Northern Virginia

> low power cars, and you can keep on the gas more instead of worrying about spinning tires
this is true
I learned more driving technique since I switched to an even lower powered car. The only driving skill that increases with faster cars is reaction time and speed of execution.

3k civic

What’s up with the video title? That’s clearly Pike’s Peak

you could be living in Florida
>straight roads everywhere
>elderly population plus miaminiggers plus snowbirds
>sand on the roads makes everything dangerous
>Mexicans going 10 under to avoid being pulled over and being sent back over the border
>cubans with shitty car culture
>lolsaltwater
>horrible rain and horrible roads

t. floridiot

>rural England
>most roads look like this
>cyclists fucking everywhere vin the summer
>sheep sleeping in the middle of the lane just around every blind corner

Just have sex with the sheep.

yes, being a yuropoor is a pretty awful fate.

BTFO

buy a challenger and get over it

>recommending domestic trash

>multiple awesome touges in area
>too steep for my shitbox to climb up
90 hp and no torque is suffering in the alps.

My daily commute is 50 miles (one way). It's completely straight.
The only time I even have to use my steering wheel is when I'm changing lanes, or getting off at my exit.

>mfw 50 kW econobox
>wheelspin only up to 50 km/h
>mfw still fun in twisties due to 800 kg
>mfw next toughe has verry tight corners
>mfw can't even use full power 90% of the time

also:
>more narrow car allows for faster lines
>the tighter the corner, the bigger the difference

>drag reduction mods
>forced induction
>go wangan

>what is downhill

What the fuck are you even complaining about then, I thought you were gonna say some truly awful shit like Iowa. There is tons of good driving all over the north east. Ffs the Tail is out here.

But how do you get up there first?

Downshift and foot on the floor.

1. gear and a lot of momentum...

>captcha
civic

You try going up these steep-ass hills at 5k rpm in 2nd gear while the entire car smells like burnt clutch.

Why would it smell like clutch? Is it out of adjustment or do you just need a new one like a long time ago?

>burned clutch
Then get the foot of the clutch pedal or fix the slipping clutch.

Im assuming it did that because i tried doing it in 3rd gear and my poor civic didnt like it.

nah mate either your clutch isn't engaging fully with the pedal all the way up and needs to be adjusted, or it's going to start slipping under normal driving conditions sooner than later because it's time for a new clutch disc.

In the meanwhile, avoid making it smell like clutch. Otherwise, you run the risk of hotspotting the flywheel and then needing to replace the flywheel when you finally replace the clutch.

The clutch only heats up if there is friction, if it does not slip, there is no friction.
Just keep the rpm above max torque and it will work...

But i remember smelling the clutch when i accidentally tried driving off in 6th gear since its right next to reverse. I was under the impression that lugging the engine too hard also makes the clutch smell.

It shouldn't. However the higher the gear the more friction you're asking from the clutch. If you're delivering X power to the wheels then the faster the engine is spinning the less friction the clutch needs to transmit the power to the wheels.

A civic isn't a torque monster that eats clutches. It shouldn't ever smell like clutch unless you're burning it up with your foot on the clutch pedal.

Well the clutch did get replaced about a month later, however that was due to a gasket failing, maybe that had something to do with it.

Gasket as in rear main seal or something like that where oil seeps in to the bell housing where the clutch lives would be a likely culprit for the clutch to start slipping before it's too old. Also enhanced smells when it does slip.

People shit on this board for having a lot of shitposting but anons like you actually make coming here worthwhile, really appreciate it.

There are actually a lot of nice twisties here.
Where are you from?

it HAS to be a pic from the Mercer Island side going to seattle. I commuted across that bridge for 5 years, it HAS to be

>have license plate from another "state"'
>automatically become cop magnet and get pulled for random minor violation

>tfw not lame

>oow shit!

heh

An Evo. Driver and co-drriver both survived.

Know any good roads in the area?

The only one that comes to mind is this road on mercer island. Have to be careful though because of cops and suburb side streets, haven't drove it in years.

I love twisters.
youtu.be/_3oz-DSiAkg

>those testicles just above tapoco

You dont even need an engine going downhill. Just put it in neutral and find out how scary fast that can actually be. If you can't pay toll you really need to stop working at McDonald's.

Obviously, but a pigfat 20 year old family wagon isn't really something you can have tons of fun in without audisteering off a cliff.

desu don't hoon on east mercer. full disclosure i grew up there, and with the number of dumbass lawyers and moms biking/walking along there, it's not worth it. lake washington blvd. on the west side is solid, some back roads to the east of bellevue are good too

Can anyone from Seattle WA recommend some toe gays? I'm from Vancouver BC and I give up on finding any real twisties in my country.

This is most of my commute.
Suicide method recommendations?

twistyroadfinder.com/Home/Maps/Washington
Most of them seem trash

>remove rear window
>get 1/4 mile rope
>find 1/4 mile straight (shouldn't be too hard in you'rea're trash region)
>tie rope around tree
>put rope through removed rear window
>get in driver's seat
>tie rope around neck
>run a nice 1/4 mile

I'm gonna rent a Z/28 for this.
So long, fellas.

Too high of a survival rate.
>crash car in the middle of the run
>survive crash, lose legs
>now on suicide watch
>forced to continue living

Which blue dot on this map is closest to tracks and fun twisties, I'm tired of Onterrible roads.

>you'll never hit the twisties in your gutted model T back in the late 10s because the great war just ended and wicked highways are starting to get paved for cars