/wgg/ Wargames General

>What is this?
A general for all strategic, operational, and tactical wargames that can't generate enough traffic to sustain their own generals.

>Attention Grabbing tags:
/wgg/ /sdg/ /rtt/ /rts/ /rtsg/ /tsg/ /mowg/ /mowassg/ /ctag/

>Example welcome games:
Steel Division: Normandy 44
Wargame: Red Dragon
Combat Mission
Call to Arms
Flashpoint Campaigns
Graviteam Tactics
Theatre of War
Men of War
Command: Modern Air Naval Operations
Armored Brigade
Close Combat
Steel Panthers MBT

>Introduction to Steel Division:
paradoxplaza.com/steel-division-player-guide/

>Graviteam Tactics Downloads:
pastebin.com/TwMLZQ6h
pastebin.com/cgWbuPSS

>Interesting history links:
Cold War military technology ads:
vintageadbrowser.com/military-ads-1980s
/wgg/ misc Cold War literature:
mediafire.com/download/zfm69f0k91pmf0y/wgg-lit-v1.3.rar
The Soviet Army: troops, organization & equipment
fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm100-2-3.pdf
USMC intelligence North Korea handbook:
fas.org/nuke/guide/dprk/nkor.pdf
Everything there is to know about the T-62:
thesovietarmourblog.blogspot.my/2015/12/t-62.html

>Teamspeak server
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Legacy Wargame General pasta and game-info repository:
pastebin.com/70Nwcb5m
dropbox.com/s/lon0cgmjfqwq1oi/WargameRD_Hidden_Knowledge_Spreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0
docs.google.com/document/d/1UvBiH3lrCFzLYnRzNzF49yVtaNHYLfi7dgMpNE517RM/

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/next-update-and-justice-for-all.1028668/
youtube.com/watch?v=m3BVWos1m0Y&ab_channel=Cheppard
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1731460&start=1890
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4575734
forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=204&t=60135
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ded thred
ded game
ded hope

It's because you didn't use the Eugen^TM OP image.

Don't worry I gotchu senpai. Here comes the /wgg/ revival.

it is a peace offering to the hexfams
we need the guy who used to dump his flashpoint AARs and keep the thread bumped

>still no balance patch
Every day we stray further from God's light.

>"the patch will be on wednesday"
>is tuesday
>eugen where is my patch this is unacceptable refund now

>"the patch will be on wednesday"
Source?

I would tell you but it wouldn't help. You appear to be illiterate.

The devs silly.

Did you not watch the Eugen Conference at E3?

Are you not excited for paid mods? Update was delayed to give them more time for paid mods.

they announced it on every community platform possible, even goddamn facebook

Nope. Checking it out

Found it. Nice.
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/next-update-and-justice-for-all.1028668/

I feel like I see 101st Airborne every damn match. Betting they are gonna get the nerfs pretty hard desu Managed to come out ahead this time though. I feel really good about this one. Managed to restrain myself and focus a single offensive while simply holding the rest of the map. Conceded A phase advantage, but eventually I beat his army into a pulp and had a complete breakout he never recovered from. I'll have to remember that I shouldn't be trying to contest allies so hard in Phase A in multiple fronts, Axis just can't keep up. But if I focus in on one area, the off-map artillery and rocket fighters + bombers become way more effective.Granted, he made some pretty bad plays in Phase B, but I would like to think I had him flustered.

>wanting a paradox fueled revival

I'm not sure if it's because the 352 is so good, or if the players I'm against are bad. I haven't had issues against them as the 352. 120mm mortars CB the shit out of their 60 and 80mm tubes and knock out any M2HB or AT gun position. Their only real threat is planes until my phase B 88s. sk18s fuck their longer ranged stuff.

How do you handle the mortar+engineer assaults in Phase A? I find myself hard pressed in Phase A, and then Phase B off-map can split stuff wide open.

I usually open with a 120mm mortar, and I start CBing the shit out of any mortar I see. Depending on terrain, IG18s are useful for suppressing enemy infantry in conjunction with MG42s. If the enemy has flamethrower/grenade inf in phase A in a thick forest, I try to hit them with the mortar. If the mortar is busy, I buy one of the shitty Ju87Ds to stun so my own infantry can rush them. I also buy a second 120mm tube once income allows to help keep pressure off my grenadiers and keep up the CB threat. Once B hits, you're golden with StoBtrup and pioneers.

I generally have more difficulty with heavy armor openings, as my AT is limited to panzerschreck teams and 3 Pak38s in A phase.

Alright, thanks for responding. I think pulling out some rocket planes for Phase A might be something I'll consider. I really under-valued them when I first started playing, until I realized how important suppression is and that they are the fastest "Suppress this shit here" button.

That's a good idea. The Ju87s are bad, but I just keep forgetting to swap them out.

>The Ju87s are bad, but I just keep forgetting to swap them out.
Well if you need them in Phase A for 352nd they are your only options. Luft has the Phase A rocket planes.

I thought I had missed something. I thought was talking about 352nd. Anyways, 352nd's pretty much my favorite Axis deck right now, thanks to pic related.

Been playing the Blitzkrieg DLC for OOB, at the Greece Camp. right now.
It's completely retarded honestly.
You have two Main Objectives, grab Athens and, for whatever retarded reason, kill 25 Greek Units. I'm not even sure if Greece has 25 Units on the map because there are mostly British dudes lurking about.
So, picture related, I drive down the East and reach Athens within a few turns but the game says fuck you because I have to kill 25 Units that are sitting somewhere else and literally never do anything so I run back and obviously don't make it in time, Game over, whole campaign lost. Who thought this was good design? Especially when you have earlier Scenarios where countries give up after you've reached their capital. Why even bother with a thought process regarding the best and quickest way of getting to the main hex objective if you have to look into every damn Hex on the map?

Yeah 352nd is very solid, I play them a few times. Maybe I'll put some more time into them.

There are winners and losers
There are those who take mortars for their opening, and those who don't

what's a good open ended, non historical, turn-based wargame?
does such a thing even exist?

Knowing what most of the units in Steel Division are by looking at them is making it a little less pic related for me than Red Dragon, but I still have no idea what I'm doing in this shit.

Any tips for getting past the initial learning curve? I'm in the skirmish tutorial and not really knowing what the hell I'm supposed to do, what kinds of unit compositions I should be looking for, benchmarks for getting certain things on the board, etc.

I'm just kind of grabbing whatever dudes and sending them out where I think they'd work, and it was going okay for a while but they slowly rammed the frontline up our ass.

Any tips for 2nd ID? I only seem to be able to deal with armor divisions. FSJ/Infantry divisions walk all over me.

Combined arms is unironically the best way to play. Infantry rule the battlefield, everything else just exists to support them (until maybe Phase C). Command units are super important, I would never knowingly advance/get into a fight without one if I could avoid it.

Your mortars are absolutely fantastic Phase A. Mortars win infantry fights, through smoke and suppression.

ded

Any glaring flaws with the deck?

I'd take rgr support instead of phase b MG teams.

How gookclick is SD? Everything moving like molasses makes me think probably not very, but still. I'm not the fastest gun in the west.

You can go for different stuff, but overall I would just throw in one or both RGR supports in their. Two-stars makes them much better than rifles imo.

I've always struggled pretty hard with RTS, but I can do decently well in SD.

I have no idea what I'm doing. Tell me why this deck is shit so I can get an idea of what a good deck might look like.

Gookclick skills help, but I'd say the game focuses more on macro than micro.

Based Stuart

Okay, I'm gonna work my way down the list.

>Recon
9 units of recon is a little sparse for my liking, since you should be using them to cover the map and probe for holes in the enemy defenses, I'd take some more
>Infantry
Don't waste your time on infantry without stars, this decks greatest strength is its superb infantry and those LW-Jager may be cheap, but they need to be babysat by a command unit if you want them to actually do anything. Veterancy just makes your troops flat out better, which is why you should get another card of phase A command infantry, since they improve everyone around them. I'd also swap out a card of 1 star veterancy fallschirmjagers for 2 star in phase A.
>Armour
No comment, looks alright
>Support
I'd swap out the StuH 42 for another Falsch meme gun, really your choice
That sweet AP and HE is great for close support in towns and forests
>Anti Tank
Looks alright, I'd drop the phase C AT, explaining why in the next category
>Anti-Air
Flak 88's are ridiculously powerful, if you aren't an idiot, they can only effectively be countered by offmap artillery, since they kill or scare off everything else, they're 30 points more than the 75mm gun and for that they get better AT, HE, survivability and the ability to scare off planes. Get at least one more card in phase C
>Artillery
Speaking of offmap artillery, swap out that 120mm mortar for the offmap railway gun, its a weapon that can clear towns and break enemy positions on its own, at basically no risk
>Air
The Storch is a personal call, I'd try a few matches with it and see if you like it
You are never going to use that many 200 point JU88s, drop a card and either get something in another category or get some more HS 129, since that plane can kill pretty much any tank on the battlefield and is a good counter to allied armoured decks in the late game.

youtube.com/watch?v=m3BVWos1m0Y&ab_channel=Cheppard

Tomorrow we come back alive.

Until then, ded.

/domg/, /wgg/, and /rlg/ should all combine to form
autg/- Autism general

wow someone who isnt shit at the game. Not my pic replied to but positive reply and generally no flaws, as i respect your play style and you gave reasoning for x over y.

Were did all the good ones go?

You know what they say user, be the change you want to see in the world.

just play and put your time in, whether against AI or otherwise, you;ll get it

also exactly what said

Why do people play OOB when SP:WAW/MBT exists?

>theres an infantry reinforcement mod
pathetic

How do these mods work in multiplayer anyway?

hey, I didn't get shitposted on. Thanks for the advice. Is the meme gun the LG 42?

As for scouts, do you recommend more infantry or some motorized scouts? The bad stealth makes motorized scouts seem pretty shitty.

Can scouts still scout while in their transport or do I need to disembark?

SP:WAW/MBT has no advertising since it's free

That's about it

Is there any way to pirate Flashpoint Campaigns... the price is just insane...

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1731460&start=1890
I guess it has its own thread too if you bother to search.

I would consider the meme gun to mean both the LG 40 and 42, but another card of LG42 would definitely be my choice.

I would definitely recommend going with infantry scouts, since they can be sat in a hedgerow with good vision, switched to return fire mode (the little shield icon on the bottom right) and left to do their job of providing intelligence on enemy movement. Motorized scouts tend to start dying as soon as any AT reaches the front and need to be babysat a lot more than infantry.

Scouts need to be disembarked from their transports in order to make use of their improved optics.

You seem fairly new, so I'd advise you play some skirmish games against a medium AI to get the grips of the game. A far better way to learn the game than through the chaos of 10vs10 in my opinion, since the AI is actually decent in this game.

>rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1731460&start=1890

I love you user. Thank you so much!

>translate to english
>search "command modern"
>active torrent for MANOC

bruh

does it work? link?

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4575734

>tfw reading the tutorial
Is this for real? I don't know if I'm autistic enough for this shit, I feel like I need a tutorial for the tutorial.

What did you expect?

the "game" is literally google earth + spreadsheets. what did you expect

Where is the patch Eugeniggers

already out, nothing special

Just reading the patch notes since I'm shitposting from work.

forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=204&t=60135

Jumbo side and rear armor nerfed

15th got their Humbers moved from phase A to B

Seems like 3rd FJG and 101 tyranny continues.

>no changes to veterancy
woo cant wait to have units continue to be raped by ~70% first shot chance panthers while my tanks are stuck with 16%

hoping the guards armour inf tab will atleast be good now, waiting on the update to finish downloading to check

Still seven slots to fill. Still kinda bleh.

Yes. YES!

>JUSTICE FOR ALL

>it's literally nothing

oh, so the worst allied deck, 1 pancerna, got... an MMG Jeep availability increase, and ahistorical (OOTF) Wolverine, more expensive than the French one, with half the availability and obviously useless because of no vet.

>they increased the price of Ranger Supports and Marauders for 2nd Inf

>15th Scottish
>Moved Recce with Humber Mk-3 from phase A to B
Scotts don't ever get a break, do they? Jesus Eugen.

They returned AP to the Humber to make up for it I guess

>Bren wasn't buffed

Holy fuck

>Reduced HMG resilience:
>MG-34 : 5 -> 3
>MG-42 : 6 -> 4
>M1919 : 7 -> 3
>Vickers : 5 -> 4
>M2HB HMG : 6 -> 5
Good, good.

Somebody please help me, I can't stop playing as Red Devils. Is there a cure?

I was playing as them every game before the patch

>steam forums wehraboos are complaining about the balance patch

Literally nothing will make these fuckers happy will it?

Crack included in that is for Distant worlds......

its the same for Flashpoint RED STORM.....

>At least it wasn't anything worse, but really, how does this come close to matching 3fj eco now?
>how does this come close to matching 3fj eco now?
>how does this come close to matching 3fj eco now?
These are the kind of fuckers that cause this shit. These motherfuckers are the reason why 2nd Inf gets these small yet noticeable nerfs. Fuck these faggots.

pewpewpewpew

Is that Tom Hardy?

>Reduced 25pdr dispersion (sexton is affected)
>Increased Universal carrier bren ammunition loadout from 180 to 300
>Added Humber Mk.3's AP3's back
>Reduced Humber Mk4 price from 80 to 75
>Reduced Staghound AA price from 60 to 50
>Staghound AA are now available in 2 packs of 4 veterans in A
>A packs of 2 elite Crusader AA Mk.2 is available

awesome
post-patch canada deck

>welcome back to the deck, humber mk. 3
>RAM is too expensive and I only ever deployed one in phase A anyway, more of those stabilized shermans for fire support is fine
>with a price AND veterancy buff, staghound AA rushes are even more viable now, and the tri-polsten nerf doesn't hurt that much when you now get elite crusader AA too
>25 pounder is good enough now so I don't need mortar

durr

I feel like the 25pdr buff was silly though, people were asking for more RoF, not accuracy

Guards and Poles still suck. Eugen apparently ignored the fact that veterancy is what makes a deck good or bad, and the Guards still have none.

Well making their beloved panzers immortal might

Probably. Right now most of them charge lone Tigers across open fields and then wonder why it died to a 57mm AT gun or a Ranger team shooting it in the side.

And then there's all these people on the forums screaming that Shermans and Pz IVs are useless and medium tanks still need a buff despite the global AT gun nerf, which couldn't be further from the truth.

>New balance patch
>Anti-tank canons accuracy is now affected by stress

So THAT is why Pak-38s always seemed to be able to fuck at least 1 stuat, even with 80% stress, before they died.

>global AT gun nerf
go on

I saw that, thanks
Just fuck my shit up

>You will see...

because the germans have nothing else to rely on to kill tanks right
fuck what a spastic

That AP is still so high tho...

And it still scales with range. It's just not completely absurd at point blank range anymore.

apologies for phone post

I can't comprehend what it takes to be this buttmad about a goddamn video game.

being a wehraboo with a poor grasp of history and game balance