Would a Ford Bronco with the 302 be a good daily for driving about 20 miles a day? What do you think about them...

Would a Ford Bronco with the 302 be a good daily for driving about 20 miles a day? What do you think about them? I found a 92 Bronco with 90k miles on it and am thinking of getting it.

No. Buy an explorer instead, or my mercury.

Underpowered and tough as nails.

Terrible DD though it can be done

Bronco's in good shape go up in value every year, if it's clean buy it.

While the 351 is a better engine the 302 seems to have longer legs. If the Bronco looks like picture related then i invy you OP.

this is a wrong opinion
broncos are a noice trucc

If it has stock gearing and tire size, then you'll probably average 14 mpg.
You'll lose about 1 mpg per inch of tire size increase (factory is 27"). So throw on a set of 33's and you could be in single digits, like most of us.
Great vehicles overall.
Rear glass uses the passenger side window motor BTW.

not unless your daily drive is a low-speed police chase through LA

No. Get a v6 Accord.

I enjoy my explorer. I do like broncos ALOT, but it is probably unnecessary. Get a higher level explorer or mountie and you will be happy. V8 and 4wd/awd is must.

Eh with the 302 there kinda dogs id go for a 351 but 90,000 ain't bad
There big and comfy
Great off-roaders
Turn on a dime
And have oodles of after market parts plus you could always swap the engine later down the line
My dads been dailying his 94 for the past 19

>Rear glass uses the passenger side window motor BTW
it also goes out more than the water pump on a new VW

I had one for 13 years and the thing never went out once. The 351 took a shit on me through no fault of its own but the back window slid up and down till the day she was traded in.

I haven't owned one, but to me the Bronco seems best as a second car and not a daily. It doesn't have much of the stuff that makes a daily good (comfort, fuel efficiency, impressing your coworkers, reliable).

I think you'd appreciate it more if it was a car that you played in rather than drove to work in. I understand that not everyone has that option. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah I don't remember my father's '89 having window issues when he got rid of it in 2002ish. I do remember the tailgate breaking though.

>tfw the crushing reality dawns on you that you may never own a clean Bronco

>I haven't owned one
>It doesn't have much of the stuff that makes a daily good, reliable
>implying

Hello OP. I daily a Bronco. If you can live without the trappings of a modern vehicle, they're great. The 302 IS underpowered. It's slow. Won't lie to you there. It also gets abysmal gas mileage. I'm averaging about 11.5MPG. They are also old vehicles at this ppint, so expect any example, even a relatively clean one, to be showing its age.

That being said, I do love this truck, and I'm not a truck guy in the least. They're easy to work on, and parts availability is enormous. The afternarket is also gigantic. Because of the fairly small wheelbase, they're surprisingly nimble, too. The absolute width of the vehicle takes some getting used to, but a competent driver can manage that with little issue. It turns tighter than the sedan I owned before it. There's also something nobody has touched on yet: I get comments and compliments really often. It seems every time I stop for gas, somebody wanders past and throws 'Nice truck!' At me. I actually came out from grocery shopping and found a dude snapping photos. You will never lose it in a parking lot. The removable rear seat makes it a workable SHTF vehicle, too. The interior is roomy as all fuck, and fairly comfy. Get one, and keep it in good shape, or bring it back to good shape.

>impressing your coworkers

Why do you care what they think?

curious, could you fit a motorcycle in the back with the top off and seats out?

Stock bronco springs are like riding on a cloud.
Turning radius is tighter than a mustang due to having a shorter wheelbase than an extra cab hilux.
But aftermarket lift springs are always rough, since you need more stability when you raise the center of gravity. Larger tires will rub on the radius arms and drastically increase that tight turning radius to shit. Off road they're one of the best vehicles ever built.
All Bronco® are 4x4.
Don't buy a 1980, first year of twin traction beam and the frame rips where the radius arms bolt to it. 1981+ has a reinforced design that does not have issues.
Yes. If its a dirt bike and you put it in at an angle and move the passenger seat all the way forward you can close the tailgate.
If the rear seat is in, even folded up, there's not enough room to lay down, unless you're some 5'1" chic.

I dailied a bronco for about a year and a half. Its not terrible, but the gas milage will drain your wallet hardcore. Its also less practical than a pickup truck, but that wasn't really an issue for me.

The rear window motor on my Bronco is 36 years old and still works just fine, the tailgate on the other hand has pretty much completely fallen off.
'81 a best

>all bronco are 4x4
No.

I hear they're great for driving slowly away from the police.

Good post friendo

There are a ton around me, I'd like to find a clean one as a possible daily once I graduate, depends on how far away my job is. Live in a crowded small college town so driving something that wide would actually be a pretty big detriment at the moment. Spent the summer doing maintenance work, driving around a fleet F350, I was shocked to learn that the Bronco is only an inch thinner than it. Still, I love the versatility of the Bronco, no one seems to appreciate it. It can be a family hauling wagon, a pickup truck, a rock-crawling Wrangler beater. Luckily I've got some savings right now, and I can find a good job right out of college, I wanna snatch one up soon cause something tells me prices are gonna go up when the new Bronco fails to live up to expectations.

I was comparing the Bronco to a newer car concerning reliability. To get a Bronco, you'll have to go back to 1996 or older. Any vehicle at that age will have issues. All I was saying was I'd rather have a newer(and likely more reliable), more comfortable, and more efficient daily drive than an old Bronco.

Can someone explain what is the point of dailying an SUV if you never haul shit around?

Bronco II has the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. Full size bronco is underpowered with a 302 but a 351 is a bolt in swap. They also have shit visibility for off roading. Will also smash it up since it's so fucking wide. I have a 1995 f150 5.8 two wheel drive and it's gutless compared to my bronco II with a 4.0 swap and 4.56 gears. Broncos also have higher prices due to Mexicans being in love with them. 4x4 f150 would be cheaper. The ttb has a dana 44 front section so it OK for up to 35-37" tires with some mods.

user never said he wasn't hauling shit around.

Yeah I know, I mean I figured that's why he wanted a bronco but I was just curious if there is any reason to DD one if you don't haul shit around.

>PNG
>has JPEG artifacts
This was calculated to devastate my autism. Fuck you, Duke.