/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Our Lord And Savior Edition.

Became blood-drunk upon discovering BB2 will never happen >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

rezuaq.tumblr.com/newArea
reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/32b1db/a_letter_to_whoever_did_the_hitboxes_for_watchdog/
youtube.com/watch?v=LLXQcMEtoEw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>
This is what would happen if Willem and Laurence never parted ways

which area could this possibly be?

Continued from last thread
rezuaq.tumblr.com/newArea

you kidding? watchdog has great hitboxes, when I fight him I dont even need to dodge unless he does the fire sweep

What would it be like?

Blunt ATK up 27.7%
Regeneration up 1
Kin down 10.9%
Yes, finally. Now, I may sleep in peace.

In approximately 9 hours, I'll rush through Ihyll bare-handed, anyone wanna join to a man man's run ?

rushing and co-oping don't go well in the same sentence, user

I'm down. I'll see you here at 10pm ET

Yeah, I'd be down for that

>iofeskas shulva
>she becomes obsessed with dragons blood and assumes its the true path for humans
>mfw Drakeblood Knights make sense now

Shulva can also mean vagina.

we wuz christopher colombus an sheit

>casual noob
>chilling in front of the college where you engage Rom
>have an npc friend with me to guard my ass
>suddenly some red douche with a big spiked stick appears
>he annihilates me 10-20 times

Was selecting ''play online'' a mistake?

Yes. A lot of people do twink builds.

>reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/32b1db/a_letter_to_whoever_did_the_hitboxes_for_watchdog/
>youtube: watch?v=N2gnUOWn2Vo

I was also killed by standing behind him when he charged the other direction.

Would you enter

how could i not

thats those one in a lifetime things, just like that one faggots ludwig gifs
Feel free to prove me wrong though

Git gud

I don't know why but I really enjoy this picture.

The hit box that he got hit on was lingering from where he dodged from. I know it sounds like bullshit but anyone who pays attention at all should have known to take a few steps to the right BEFORE activating the dash iframes. This guy is bad.

Are you kidding? I literally just showed you two examples of these bad hitboxes and your response is that they're a once in a lifetime thing?

anyone wanna go on a gay ole romp through Hunters Nightmare?

SL38

pw is WEWUZ

ringing at first bonfire

Yes because 90% of the time the hitboxes are spot on. It should also be common knowledge that charge attacks turn the boss' entire not into a hitbox. Bullshit, yeah, but you should know this by now for anyone complaining about being hit by the charge from behind

Entire body*

Is there a sorcerer or some shit you can play? I see no FP pool. I bet you just gotta melee 2-3 bosses to collect some odd shit from the latter areas and you can be a magician.

Getting hit in a position that you're not in isn't the fault of the hitbox, it's the fault of the player?

I'll be clear, it's a bad hitbox. But it's a bad hitbox that shouldn't take more than one death to learn to avoid. Hot dog's charge is one of the easiest to dodge.

You can be a space wizard

The hitboxes are good in most of the game. They are uniformly bad on this boss.

Most of his moves have a hitbox that doesn't match their animation, not just the charge. When he lunges to bite at you, it injures you standing under his torso, and on the other side of his neck from where he's facing, and the hitbox extends beyond where his face reaches.

Chalice Dungeons in general have been a major disappointment compared to the main game.

Seg, gonna level up some weapons then Ill be ringing at Chapel Bell. Would like to get Amy Arm. thx for help so far

>FP pool
nigger the only game to have focus points was dark souls 3, 1 and 2 had attunement and Demon's Souls had MP

>Distinguishing between FP and MP

pedantic bruv

my point stands

>2/4 had some type of mana bar
Nah, it was a valid thing to expect

Of all the cheap charges in this game, I have to agree Hotdog is the least cheap:
-He locks into a direction, no direction change mid charge
-An actual easy to recognize tell before doing it
-Hit body from the front is actually thin, so he doesn't become a hueg hitbox sideways
Most other charges in the game not only transform the enemy into a giant hitbox, they also have little or no startup, with the cheapest one in my opinion being Oceiro's, an enemy skeleton/moveset clearly intended for Bloodborne but recycled. Oceiros has literally ZERO startup and can cancel any move into a charge. Not only he produces an immense hitbox with his slender members, he also does massive damage and fights you in a cramped as fuck arena.

Have you seen his lunge using his side to body the player instead of the charge? It has a slightly faster tell.

2/5
Demon's Souls (yes)
Dark Souls (no)
Dark Souls II (no)
Bloodborne (no)
Dark Souls III (yes)

Considering Dark Souls 3 came out after Bloodborne he's either retarded or trolling

Bloodborne was the one he was asking about, genius. Considering 3 came after Bloodborne, it would be completely reasonable to think Bloodborne may have had one if he didn't know already

Not really, they are not even the same series.

It's not even slightly reasonable.
He would have had to have played three without playing one or two, and gotten Bloodborne despite them not even being the same series.
It'd be like playing Metal Gear Solid 4 and then wondering why Policenauts has no stealth features.

thanks for the assistance, Segalt

>Dark Souls is to Bloodborne as MGS4 is to Policenauts
I never thought it was possible to be this unintelligent, but here we are

Hey guys I have a question:

So my friend and I are doing a pass-off-on-death playthrough and I was wondering if you need to a have a badge of a certain weapon to be able to get it in the chalice dungeons.

My friend was playing when we got to djura and I told him to be careful, but then he just R1 mashed him right off the side of the building, but his drop fell to a place that we couldn't get to, and then he died to the NPC hunter nearby shortly after, and the drop was gone.

So can we still find the steak dinner in the chalices? Thanks in advance.

>He would have had to have played three without playing one or two, and gotten Bloodborne despite them not even being the same series.
m8 what the fuck are you on about?

If you haven't already, reload go to the top of the tower where he was. If he falls off, the item should respawn at the top. Otherwise you can get it from chalices without having the original, unlike DLC weapons

The drop is atop of the tower.

We are way past him now, but thanks for the help.

It might still be there honestly, I'm not sure how item despawning works

I'm not saying the games are equally different, I'm saying expecting a game that, despite being mechanically similar, is set in a different world, with new mechanics, to have the same mechanics as a third part in a series of other games that came out later is retarded.
Dark Souls 3 was the last game in the Souls series, and it came after Bloodborne, they took some mechanics from Bloodborne and adapted them to see if it would work, and they did, but why, in the name of all that is holy, would anyone think Bloodborne not having an FP pool means no sorcery.
They aren't as mechanically different as my example but I honestly couldn't think of an example that matched his sheer retardation without going overboard.

There are Hunter tools that work off of your Arcane Stat but they're consumables and take Quicksilver bullets.

Mana is the same as fp

Just realized that the Milkweeb Rune has Lovecraft's initials in it.

Is there nobody memezaki wont steal from and pretend its ok if he acknowledges the fact that he did it

>Bloodborne not having an FP pool means no sorcery.
This is not what I was arguing. I thought you were talking about the expectation of a blue bar in general.

I've said it before, Miyazaki has no creative ideas of his own. Sure, he's good at meshing all these ideas together to form something he and others like, but he isn't original.

I need to replay Demon's Souls apparently I missed all the cool sick weapon arts.
The expectation is still stupid but less so.

Holy shit it was still there, thanks user.

Are you retarded? Name one single other piece of media that did a better job of transposing HPL's themes from literature to something else. Theres a difference between """"stealing"""" and being influenced or inspired, then recognizing that influence.

What's the average level for endgame for co-op and pvp? I'm 94 I wanna know if I can level up some more

>misunderstanding on purpose
Mana and fp are functionally identical as far as their consumption goes as far as replenishable and regeneratable mana is concerned vs having spells with a xertain amount of casts and having to slot multiple of the same spell if you want more.

You're being obtuse on purpose.

Stop worshiping Miyazaki.

What does "original" mean to you and why is it important? Why is it bad to create something new with a basis on something that already exists?

Generally, we stop at BL 98.

80-120
Most here go from 98-110

100~ is a good level to stop at. You'll still get summoned in the later areas and DLC, and SRRC is pretty consistent.

generally, but you can go up to the absolute maximum which is 120. 98-117 are the more common ranges

>mudhut nigger wewuzing civilisation and shiet

Why would you think that saying something retarded would prove your point? I'm really interested in the train of thought that leads you to your completely asinine posts

Someone wanna do a fun run through Cainhurst Castle? Pass bbg at first lamp

Yes, but people here tends to dislike who levels past 98, we even had an entire discussion a couple of thread ago (I don't care personally, but I think it's better to warn a newcomer).

Good to warn, but it sounds like he just wants a few more levels. Most of the autists acreech about 117 boogeymen specifically, which there aren't many of

Original means creating something unique from your own imagination. And it's not bad to create something based on existing things, but Miyazaki doesn't do that. He flat out steals things from Berserk and calls it his own. It's practically plagiarism. I imagine the creator of Berserk either doesn't care or doesn't need to sue due to the fact that Dark Souls' popularity and all the Berserk references in it made people go out and read Berserk. Regardless, Miyazaki is a hack. The real heroes of From are the art and sound design teams. Also all the composers for the various games.

>CANNON has a fucking THIRTEEN SKL requirement

FOR WHAT FUCKING CHRIST FUCKING GOD DAMN FUCKING PURPOSE

HOW IS THIS A GOD DAMN FUCKING SKILL WEAPON

pardon my autism but there are so many little chintzy things about this game that still piss me off

>and calls it his own
Source? Has he ever explicitly denied Beserk influence? Do you think From thinks that they also invented topdown adventure games with 3D Dot Heroes because it was never exlicitly said to be influenced by Zelda or do you think the inspiration was so obvious that it didn't need to be said?

>The real heroes of From are the art and sound design teams. Also all the composers for the various games.
Now, if only the developers weren't shit.

>Source?
The man directed the games, it's effectively his property. He's the guy that goes to the art team with a Berserk manga open, points to a panel and says "That one! I want that one!"

So you're talking completely out of your ass about things you clearly don't even begin to understand. Got it.

>Exiting session due to unstable connection
Was it just me? I never received this message before.

unstable connection? that's a new one to me too. people have been complaining about connections being especially bad since late last week, hope it's not a new trend.

Is there a simplified explanation to chalice dungeons? I went through 2 or 3 but I don't get the point. They give me shit blood echoes and shit shards and shit gems and the bosses aren't hard.

>drawing heavy inspiration = blatant copying
Its sad that people actually think like this.

Have you met undead friend in lower phtu

If you do them soon after getting access to them, the gems will be MUCH better than what you get in the first half of yhe game. Like 10-13% instead of 3-7%. The really dank ones give you the best gems in the game.

The way most Japanese game dev studios work is that the director will have a vision and it's up to the rest of the team to make that vision a reality. Hideo Kojima is another example of this, except that Kojima was inspired by cheesy 70s action movies for the MGS games. Kojima didn't rip off James Bond when making MGS3. Miyazaki has ripped off Berserk in so many places that it's hard to keep count. Hell, the ENTIRE premise behind Dark Souls is based on this scene from Berserk.
youtube.com/watch?v=LLXQcMEtoEw
The idea of the strongest man casting himself to the flame is the biggest part of Dark Souls, and it's right fucking there in Berserk. You can defend Miyazaki all you want, but he is not original. I enjoy his works because he's able to mesh multiple ideas together very well, Bloodborne is the best example of this, but you cannot deny that he is not original and relies on using other peoples work to create his own.

It will get more rewarding later on, the dificultty spikes at depth 3. There's a link in the OP to speedrun guides.

People will go to great lengths to dislike things other people like

Thanks Segalt and Albatross, as always a pleasure. Next would be nightmare frontier in a few minutes

Help at Cainhurst Castle, boss fight, shortcut is clear.
pass bbg

Are Madlib and J Dilla hacks because they don't make anything "original"? JRRT is a plagiarist because Wagner's Der Ringe exists, right?

/bbg/ - Miyazaki Defense Force General

More like Rational Critical Thought Defense Force

I don't know what happened: I was fighting the undead giant, he shot a cannon ball on the ground, the framerate dropped below 5 fps, then became a fluid 60 fps for the rest of the fight.

They get increasingly hard.

Harder than the main game until you get used to them.

The main point is to get powerful weapon gems, extremely powerful compared to vanilla.

Don't blame us if you think all stories are plagiarised from ech other they are