Best Cheep Drift car

Looking for a non-daily car to go sideways. have around 5k to spend.

Other urls found in this thread:

wausau.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-bwm/6325721463.html
greenbay.craigslist.org/cto/d/1989-nissan-240sx/6324098324.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

3K Civic with 2k worth of simple mods

you could do a lot of understeer with that

12 valve miata

Bimmer 3 series
S-chassis
'Stang or f-body

A beat up E36. Body work, no issue, but if the engine and granny are good, go for it

we have this thread almost every day, just read through this one.
>$5k budget

lol good luck with that budget though. Im willing to bet you are a poor teenager or just a poorfaggot in general. That'll barely get you stock 240sx with an open diff.. but since you are on a budget, welding the diff would probably be your only option.

you still need coilovers and other suspension bits as well as tires.

also before anyone else mentions the cars below

>miata
terrible drift car. wheelbase too short and barely has anyone power

>volvo 240
another terrible drift car, very heavy

>350z
great drift car but out of your budget

>bmw E36 (325i, 328i, 318i)
the new 240sx, cars can be had for cheap but parts are more expensive compared to a 240sx

>mustang
the absolute worst car you can get for drifting unless you have more than $10k to spend on it. its got the power but it can't actually hold a drift no matter what you do if its stock

Not OP.

What's the best drift car you can get for 3k without having to do mods?

Doesn't even have to be good at "drifts" if you want to be a faggot about what a drift is.

What's a good cheap RWD car that you don't need to mod that's good for skids?

While we're at it, what's a good cheap FWD car that you don't need to mod that's good for skids?

What makes the mustsng the worst? It seems like it would need the least work.

any light truck
>good fwd
>cheap
geo metro

>It seems like it would need the least work.
>archaic stock suspension

lol

listen there is a reason 240sx are famously used for drifting. there is a reason mustangs are famously used for drag racing wether it be it on a track or into a crowd of people

see the post above yours. if $5k is barely enough what do you think you can do with $3k? lol

mn12 if it wasnt so fucking heavy

>stock light truck
>drifting

LOL.

So just memes? I was playing dumb to get an answer. "Hurr solid axle" as a response proves you do not know a single thing about what you're talking about. Of course the s-chassis is a popular drift car, it's a domestic in the birth country of drifting.

A crown vic after it's snowed.

>mn12
i literally had to google that

first off a thunderbird is a POS
2nd of all call it a thunderbird nobody calls it an mn12 as if it was an "S13" or "S14:

>So just memes? I was playing dumb to get an answer.

Ok. Go and get a Mustang then. Not my money.

I was just listing options for OP. Then you have to spout memes, so now we have this exchange.

Even worse. Suggesting a car you've probably never driven or have seen in person trying to drift but failing hard. I don't hate mustangs and have seen them get sideways, but it needs modification to the suspension to actually get it going sideways

Mustangs have a massive amount of understeer. So first off, suspension mods. Brakes. Weight reduction.

I WOULD NOT recommend learning the physics and basics of drifting in a mustang. a lightweight i4 car is always the best to learn on. you need like a $15k budget to have a properly set up mustang.

how much would you have to spend on that rusty suspension tho?

So you know for a fact it's the car and not the driver? I remember you last thread, whatever happened to listing that 15 grand setup?
>understeer
I fail to see how this is relevant, younger going to be overpowering the rear wheels in combination with weight transfer. Also part of that understeer is due to the bizarre ackermann, which actually aids countersteering. And a stripped 5.0 is well within a couple hundred pounds of an S-chassis liftback.

about $1500-$2000

serious.

>So you know for a fact it's the car and not the driver?

recommending drifting a stock mustang to someone who is new to drifting will either absolutely hate drifting or realize its a shit car to start with and buy something else. OR buy the right parts.

I don't need to list jack shit for you.

So you're full of shit. Gotcha. He's going to need to buy parts for any car, what the he'll is wrong with listing an extremely cheap, available option? You just spend 500 bucks on a panhard and frame reinforcement instead of engine stuff.

>implying learning how to drift with the low hp KA is a bad thing.

Yeah you def have never attended a drift event let alone driven in one. 240sx is cheaper in the long run (a fact). Looks 100x better imo.

wausau.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-bwm/6325721463.html

Is something like this a good start?

Nothing wrong with it, just wrong to dismiss a very cheap, very available option alongside a 240. You're eventually going to put buckets in both. Drift steering parts in both. Hydraulic e brake in both. Etc. The only real difference is instead of a turbo kit you buy heads, headers, and frame reinforcement.

get an s10, get rid of the bed, overinflate rear tires and add some really hard leaf springs

you forgot welding the diff

Sn95 Bubble Stang or 4th/3rd Gen Camaro

yeah tru

lowering the front would also help

>2001 BMW 325i
>E46
>under $3k
lol sure thats a "great" idea.

this rusty shitbox is a better car

greenbay.craigslist.org/cto/d/1989-nissan-240sx/6324098324.html

Have you ever tried sliding an older mustang? They have terrible rear end suspension that causes massive amounts of snap oversteer as the body relocates itself over the axle. They are fine for burnouts and doughnuts but controlled sliding needs lots of money invested in suspension and chassis rigidity. Drive a mustang gt in anger around a turn and feel how unsettling it is to have the body move over the axle. I do actually kinda like the old foxes but I'd rather have something that handles a little better out of the box.

how much does it take to build a decent drift 240 from a stock car?

If I had a dollar for every retard who didn't know what they were talking about posting on Veeky Forums about BMWs, id own a fleet of them.

Not the user you replied to but I had an '05 Mustang before my Miata. It was tons of fun, could steer the back end with the go pedal. The typical result was a tendency to understeer to an excess; wheel hop was also a big factor, as the rear axle would wind up a bit. I would imagine it takes a fair amount of modification to fix the understeer issue.

I imagine older mustangs probably being even worse

your opinion pls?

a fleet of boring cars that is

depends whats your budget?

because to build a decent drift car, not including the actual car you probably need $5k.

1.5 or 2 way lsd, coilovers, sway bars, tires, bucket seat, upgraded brakes, aftermarket hub and steering wheel that isn't a shitty replica.

no need for more power when you are starting off.

if ure in balt and want to be smart by getting an ubiquitous dirt cheap car then any bimmer.
If ure balt and want something that will stand out then anything japanese

>if ure in balt

what the fuck are you talking about. speaking english you stupid euro

are you saying Baltic? or Baltimore?

Because most likely OP is from the US

Poorfag Budget

Interesting. By what percent should you overinflate the rear tires in a lightweight rwd car?

dont worry about drifting. figure out how to make more money then try drifting out, its not a poorfag sport.

how would I know, depends entirely on tons of variables like tire, width, age, weiht of the car and so on
overinflated tires deliver less grip

>* after its snowed
fixed

thanks doc

It's 300 dollars for a bolt on panhard bar. Holds the axle laterally. Another 200 for weld in sub frame connectors.

E36

lol @ OP

pre-86 celica

disgusting nigger car with shit all over the windshield

fuck I hate """enthusiasts""" like this

or into a crowd of people