Redpill me on 3.7L 2011+ V6 Mustangs

Affordable RWD, power, good on gas. Why do car guys seem to HAAAATE Mustangs, even V8s? And how bad are the V6s? I mean I know people that make 350Z's out to be like Gods gift from the heavens but mention the Memestang and its just closed minded shittalking and assumptions.

Explain to me why they suck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2lQX3cOAbes
youtu.be/PK6At8mj6-4
minneapolis.craigslist.org/
minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/d/1994-mustang-gt-v8-49l/6304853343.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because its not the v8

sour grapes

Because the whole point of the mustang is that it's a v8. You might as well just but something else if you aren't gonna get a v8.

i own a 2014 gt premium with the glass top and i like it lots

but ya definitely need to be the v8 that coyote is something else

This 100%. It's just something that's a bit beyond subjective. If I wanted a 300+ hp 3500lb coupe I'd look at a 370z and not even consider a non-GT mustang. If I wanted a pony car or a muscle car I'd look at the V8 models of the Mustang, Camaro, Charger, and Challenger, because a v8 is part of their experience.

water pump is driven by timing chain

it really is a great engine

had it in my f150, very very good i like it a lot yay

I mean maybe I dont know what Im talking about, because appls:oranges,but this sounds like computer nerds being like NO, ITS GOTTA HAVE A QUAD CORE PROCESSOR. DUAL CORE JUST WONT CUT IT, EVEN IF IT IS FASTER AND BETTER IN EVERY WAY.

Sound is one thing, but low end torque and globs of power is nice out of the newer engines. Peaky, but they do have globs of low end torque.

>Veeky Forums hates mustangs

are you kidding me? one of the original meme cars of Veeky Forums was the foxbody, and before there was the gtr vs corvette meme there was the mustang vs m3 meme

the only car that is on Veeky Forums's shit list as far as i'm concerned is the toyobaru

ford and nissan have timing chain driven water pumps... expensive

*ford and nissan v6's

Watch, in 15 years, Ford will have 400hp super EcoBoost 4 bangers in Mustangs and kids and nu-boomers will be all "Nah man its gotta have a V8"

15 years? more like 5 or less. But then again the GT will likely be pushing 520 or more by then

I'm not saying the v6 isn't powerful, it is. The Ford GT has a v6. But this is the mustang, the car that is literally synonymous with 5.0. itd be like getting an AWD Civic, or an STI without a spoiler. It's missing out on a vital component of the car.

The v6 in this gen of cars is just not that great. shell out a little bit more for an s550 ecoboost thats better in every possible way

get a 5.0 you can push those motors like crazy. the 3.7s are pretty good tho if you dont wont all that power

O doesn't have mustangs, people are just vocal about them. The only people who hate on them don't go out of their way to do it it's generally in response to people calling it the greatest car every made. It's divisive

I'm planning my next purchase around the idea that it has to have a big rumbling mess of a V8.

I don't care about vidya gaem simulator cars.

you're seriously underestimating how much sound matters when enthusiasts decide on a car

youtube.com/watch?v=2lQX3cOAbes

Thats true. Right now I only have Roush Axle Backs on my GT and it sounds mean. I couldnt imagine a 4 banger

v6 mustangs exists solely for big block swaps

Trolling aside, here's my 2 cents OP

A true muscle car needs a V8. It's part of the experience of the car. It's in the DNA of what they are. If you want the true muscle car experience, you get the V8.

If you look at a Mustang, and you simply like how it looks and drives, that's why they make the V6, for consumers who want to by the Mustang image, NOT for people looking to buy a muscle car

So it really comes down to a question, why do you want a Mustang? Do you want the true muscle car experience? Then it's gotta be a V8.

Do you simply like the idea/image of the Mustang? Then you can get a V6

Playing around on the configurator on the ford website it appears the V6 Mustang doesn't have the 3.31 rear end option at all. It's either 3.15 or 3.55 if you are willing to pay extra whereas the ecoboost and GT come standard with the 3.31 (with 3.15 still an option but I don't know why you would want that).

So a lot of faux enthusiasts probably order their V6 stang bare bones without considering the rear axle ratio. So a lot of the V6 stangs out there are probably faggier than they should be as a result.

The V6 is worse in every way, so your comparison here isn't great.

I like the idea of 300 affordable horsepower. The V6s have a nice. exhaust growl. No its not like a cammed V8 with long tube headers, but good in its own right. I drive 65 miles a day and would appreciate ~30 mpg over the gt's mpg rating. I will never street race, I want a long range cruiser with low end torque for casual easy cruising. I like barely having my foot on the throttle. Ive teste droven a 3 valve 4.6 and 2014 3.7.

>V6
>Mustang

Another upside to the 3.7L is that it's spec'd to run on 87 octane.

fact: v6 mustangs are for women

Compared to the 4.6L??

I guarantee you 100-100% of the people going
>RABBLE RABBLE ONLY V8 IS TRUE MUSTANG
are still in high school and are long off from ever facing any kind of real financial responsibility such as vehicle ownership.
Unless your happiness depends on playing boiracer with your mustang the V8 is just going to cost you more in fuel, insurance, etc.
All the sluts that used to hang around the auto tuner scene have since moved on to pokemon go and my little pony. So unless you are really serious about having a performance car and will frequently have the opportunity to drive it to it's limits you're an idiot if you buy a V8.

Then why buy a Mustang at all?

I'm pretty happy in my rice burner as far as cars go. But it's not what a Mustang is supposed to be.

And the V6 mustang is going to cost more in fuel insurance etc than a toyota camry. So don't get a fucking v6 mustang.

Everyone that I've ever known that got a v6 in anything when a v8 was available, always wanted to go back in time and get the v8.

>what a mustang is supposed to be
>supposed to be
Unless you're a chief member of the Mustang design team you are a fucking insolent retard for using those words.
The Mustang has ALWAYS had a variety of engine options you under age idiot.

Toyota Camry isn't rear wheel drive
Toyota Camry doesn't have a limited slip rear.
Toyota Camry doesn't have 300 horsepower.
Your mom won't always be around to pay for your shit.

goes only in straight line.
If you're such a brainlet that you'll find that entertaining past first 10 minutes then it's a good choice.

>Everyone that I've ever known
So basically nobody. Because your mom bought you a racing vidya and now you think you know shit about cars.

> So unless you are really serious about having a performance car and will frequently have the opportunity to drive it to it's limits you're an idiot if you buy a V8.
ding ding. seriously guys how often do you take your car to the limit? My car pulls 1 lateral G on all seasons and 1G braking. You know how reckless you have to be to reach these loads on a public road?

>claims to care about performance
>buys a v6 mustang

I bet you actually did buy one.

But the real one always had the chad engine.

Now that they have the entire rest of the model lineup catering to virgins, there's no reason for virgin Mustangs outside of rental vehicles for girls to drive and say they got to drive a Mustang.

huge toyota fanboy and muscle car and drag race homosex hater here
>guy wants rwd
>hey get fwd
I'd get a fuckign 80 horsepower RWD car over a 900 horsepower fwd car any day.

post reeks of v6 buyers remorse

mine goes easily above 1g and I have only reached them on track.

It is still insanely nice to not have to brake for any corner ever.

No actually I didn't. Thinking of getting an ecoboost in the near future depending on how the long term reliability reports pan out.
Another big piece of retard in the decision to buy a V8 muscle car is if you live somewhere that gets proper winter. It ends up being a toy that sits in your garage for half the year. 300 horsepower out of the rear wheels is still winterable, especially with limited slip to get you through snow drifts, but there's no way you're going to winter 430 horsepower in a rear drive car around here.
If I was going to get a vehicle to play boiracer I'd pick a vehicle that was winterable.

Post reeks of underage little faggot who jerks off to traps and thinks playing Gran Turismo gives him a realistic experience on what owning/working on cars is like.

get a fucking proper winter tyres and learn to drive retard
Winter is best season for rwd.
Here we get 6ft of snow minimum every year and we daily our MR2's

Concept idea.
2019 Mustang SVO
They already have the 2.3. Crank it up to 350+ (Focus RS) upgrades to the suspension, then give it the all aluminum treatment like the F-150.
Target for 3000 lb or less.

>ITP: Things that never happened.

lol, u will trigger his aspergers

You should try snow tires some time junior.

>post never mentions rwd
>literally makes fun of boiracers
>talks about running costs and insurance

Kill yourself amigo he should stick to the toyota.

>muh snow tires
That's how I know you're full of shit, underage, and have never operated a motor vehicle.

>user gets in his 4 cyclinder cuck mobile
>driving on the stock all season tires
>mashes his foot into the floor like a retard and lights up the back wheels while spinning into oncoming traffic

You sound perfect for a mustang user. You can lose traction with 100 horsepower in the snow.

wow guess I was right
should've got the v8, lil bitch

haha you either are a busrider or mustang is your only car.

Studded snow tyres and learn to drive.

I'm not backing down from your bait user, how far are you willing to go?

>muh snow tires
>muh only point of contact and thus traction with the road
>muh concern over power and not ability to brake or steer

Nowhere because I'm sick of trashy teenagers shitting up Veeky Forums with their bullshit. LARPing like the own any car at all, let alone a serious car.

this.
I think that fag thinks as soon as you sit in the car all horspower possible are instantly delivered to the wheels and don't stop until you get out

I don't know why I am surprised that a driver of a car that is meant to go only in straight line, is mrcummy tier incompetent

I wouldn't say its a serious car but a Q50 is alright :^)

>tfw first experience with sw20 was driving it in the winter with 6ft snow and ice everywhere
>tfw this fag gets mad he can't drive a big slow landbarge in the winter

Ah, you're a retarded and your proud.

benchracer spotted

>all this projecting
Sad.

We're sorry for bullying you user. Go buy that 4 cylinder economy car and have some fun. Remember to post pictures on instagram when you can't stop in the snow because you're too poor to afford snow tires.

What happens if you're looking at used mustangs and can only find manual v6's for cheap??
Then what??
From what I've heard a v6 is good enough for hooning around and you can always add parts to boost the power a bit more

youtu.be/PK6At8mj6-4

>Hurka durks manual rwd clouds my mind so much I forget how to read hurks durka I fucking love dicks

Jesus fucking Christ dude I can't believe you just typed all that out!

You can find a 350z for like 7k in decent condition. How cheap are you looking? And really if you can only afford to buy a v6 mustang are you really going to spend money on go fast parts?

Then you buy it if you want? I don't look down on V6 mustangs I just think it's weird if you buy it new. Used completely changes the game in terms of what you're buying the car for.

Then get something else unless the test drive sells it to you.

>you're looking at used mustangs and can only find manual v6's for cheap
then get one, and swap a 460 in at your convenience

I'm looking for cars from $1500-$3000 CAD
$7k USD us like $10k/11k in monopoly money easy
Been looking for cheap foxbodies and sn95/NewEdges

And i used to absolutely HATE the way the sn95's looked but after a while they're starting to slowly grow on me even if they look like some sort of 00 GrandAm lol

They're easily the cheapest mustangs here in western Canada but the ugliest, so I'd like to find a cheap GT (IF I CAN) if not a cheap v6 and throw an Ebay turbo or something on it for like $150 and make a rocketbunny kit or at least wide fender flare the bitch and throw on a wing like the saleen SR's and make a weird fucked up American/Jap looking sports car lol

>Would fucking love to know where you could get pic related fender flares

H.O 3.5 ecoboost from the new Raptor.
But Ford won't......for now.

Dude just buy a cheap japanese ecobox and be happy you have a car.

>$1500-$3000
get a crown vic/caprice/roadmaster/gran marquis/ls400/a truck if you want v8rwd

>ROADMASTER
why can't we have nice thigs anymore?

I drive a shitty 4 door autotragic cavalier and have driven nothing but shitboxes my entire life..
If like to have a car that I'm not completely ashamed to own and actually enjoy..
Now kys.

do it on a mustang II, it has always looked like a wapanese classic car

because America has changed for the worse

>ywn have a woody

You sound like you regret the v6

If I may share a story for you all:
>be me
>just got out of highschool
>all through highschool drove a 2011 Nissan Cube
Some of you may know me so just bear with me here.
>all through highschool I was constantly bullied and made the ass end of every joke due to my vehicle choice (wasn't really my choice as it was either that or a minivan.)
>did have a interest in car culture at the time but not enough to call myself a full fledged enthusiast
>basically wanted a weekend warrior that wouldn't break the bank in all areas of my life (gas insurance etc,)
>didn't have a single clue about the V6 mustang meme until I posted about my new ride on Veeky Forums
>over time being on Veeky Forums I began to slowly but surely hate my beloved mustang solely for its engine that was deemed dogshit by everyone on Veeky Forums
>however, a silver lining soon formed for me
>went down to a friends place a few hours north of my place
>he drives a PT cruiser
>first time I bring the mustang up I drive it and I give it gas but before I do I tell him it's a V6 so don't expect much.
>he was blown away by the acceleration and the feeling of turning corners so hard
>said it's a amazing car and that he would buy it V6 or not if he had the money.
>I in turn decided I should try his PT cruiser to get a different perspective on my own car
>so I did
>it was awful
>slow
>couldn't corner
>get up and go is nonexistent.
>I hated it
>got back in my mustang to go home and when I hit the gas that time an epiphany occurred
>I loved my mustang
>compared to a PT cruiser it was the best feeling in the world
>I suddenly remembered why I bought it in the first place (it had 30k original miles and I did an even trade for the cube)
Now I come to my point:
All of Veeky Forums ridicules the Mustang V6 due to their own vehicle choice and a multitude of reasons however a constant theme can be applied to every car in existence which is a similar keeping up with the joneses factor
>you buy a V6 mustang
>"you shoulda got a V8"

Then buy a slightly used v8 if a new v6 is in budget you chode.

>Why do car guys seem to HAAAATE Mustangs, even V8s?
A Mustang GT is slower around a track than a V6 Camaro 1LE.
It doesn't do the one thing it's supposed to do well.
350Z's and 370Z's suck too, shitty Nissan materials in an impractical 2-seater that's nothing special performance-wise.

>why can't we have nice things
>why can't we have fun car anymore
>muh "save the manuals"
>muh rwd
just some advice. if you're not buying a manual, rwd, fun car new or very close to new then you have no reason to complain as you're not contributing to the data points of new car sales. they build what sells. with 305-335hp v6 being installed in base model cars that can achieve 0-60 in sub 6 second times along with IRS, dual exhaust, 6 speed manuals, driver aids that are allowed to be turned off completely, easy to work on and tune, and aftermarket parts availability that rival the EG/DC platform. Most people here are arguing for the sake of argument. Tally up all the positive points of the car and re-evaluate yourself as an enthusiast because right now most of you are the reason the car scene is seen as a bunch of vape blowing, daddy's money, "im special cuz i got a 3rd pedal", NEETs. Modern pony cars are LITERALLY what 75% of Veeky Forums has been clamoring for since before the GT86 was even a rumor.

Nigger your sn95 v6 auto does 0-60 in 10 seconds. That is not even remotely fast. That is slower than a miata. You have a glass rear axle. And you corner pretty terribly, the fox chassis cars have tons of geometry issues. If you weren't retarded you could have literally gotten a much nicer, newer v8 for that cube.

that year might have the old rough v6

>= value to a nissan cube
most people here are talking about foxbody and sn95s where the v6 put out 100hp new, and anything newer than those costs more than the GT version of them

Cont
>you buy the GT mustang
>"you shoulda got the cobra"
>you buy the cobra mustang
>"you shoulda got a newer GT"
>you buy a newer GT
>"you shoulda got the GT350"
>you buy the GT350
>"you shoulda bought the GT500"
>you buy the GT500
>"you shoulda got the Ford GT"
>you buy the Ford GT
>"you shoulda got the Lamborghini hurracan"
The list goes on and on so I'll get back to my point:
No matter what car you get there will always be a better one out there so you have to draw a line personally on affordability and lifestyle issues vs Power
>Inb4 RCR (they do make a good point)
Every car is like a $1000 hooker for some it will be everything they ever wanted because they're used to such poor hookers (see PT cruiser and Nissan Cube Vs V6 mustang) but for others it's chump change (hence all these people saying mustangs need a V8 to be fun, good, etc

Yes the mustangs image is always associated with a V8 but you know what else it's associated with? Freedom. And on the risk of sounding like an afterschool special if the mustang being associated with freedom and American values themselves then it should serve that the mustang symbolizes the freedom of choice in whatever engine pleases you

TL:DR
To all of you who are riding the V8 bandwagon keep doing it I don't care but would it kill you to accept that some people just like a more cost effective mustang?
Pic related is my mustang the one I know and love and yes it's the V6 and the slowest one at that

there's one point you're missing. Veeky Forumstists don't buy new cars so your point is moot.

Once you have a V8 you don't want to go back.
>mfw rolling past V6 fucking shits in base model mustangs and camaros

Here's my Craigslist:
minneapolis.craigslist.org/

Find one V8 mustang that has 27k miles or less for $5000

I traded in my cube for 5k to get the V6 auto mustang that had insanely low miles and it hasn't failed me yet

I can gurantee you will not find a GT of the same year or "newer" as you put it with 27k miles for $5k

What the fuck is with that retarded mileage requirement? If anything an old car with low miles hasn't been used, and that's literally the worst thing for a car, for it to sit like that. Change all fluids NOW if you haven't.

minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/d/1994-mustang-gt-v8-49l/6304853343.html
its even a manual

Oh shit BTFO

Wrong
He said a Newer V8 so anything under the year 2001 is irrelevant to his reply
Try again

>Tfw regretful owner of a 2014 V6 with only 20k miles
If I could find an affordable similar year GT < 50k miles...
Mbe super charge what I have...for the memes

That's the mileage of the V6 mustangyou hate so much when I bought it from the dealership so if you can match or beat that in that city's Craigslist then I'll admit defeat

Also it's not even close to under 27k miles you fucking retard did you even read the post?

No, what the FUCK is that mileage? Do you understand what that means? Sitting around is literally how a car decays the worst apart from rust. Your bushings have aged just the same, as well as all other rubber parts. Deposits in your coolant settled down into your engine's water jackets. Your transmission valve body might have deposits. Etc. You paid more for a worse car due to perceived benefit of "low miles" despite you admitting to not knowing shit about cars. Fluid circulation is what keeps components alive.