Elantra sport vs civic si

Why the fuck wont Honda make a dct or automatic and throw it into the SI? Do they really think its that prestigious of a line? The ES is better than the SI in every way imaginable...what the fuck honda. Explain to me how the hell Hyundai managed to tune an exhaust for a compact "sport" car that sounds better than alot of actual sports car...yet honda cant match it in the oh so special si

love mine, got the 6MT tho. sure the stick isn't better than hondas, but at least the car doesn't look like dogshit

picking up one late current or the refresh. I just bought a car and rushed into it like an idiot and fell for the crossovers are versatile meme. Everyday is a new challenge not to for upside down on the loan and back myself into more debt even though its a tiny amount left the car has plenty of miles left to go so ill hold on to it How is that exhaust...as good as they say...what about maintenance/reliability? Is the car expensive or prone to breaking? everyone is freaking out over these new turbo engines and the long term of them.

afaik the theta engine has proved to be fine over the years on other hyundai models. the exhaust is nice, one of my favorite things about the car. i've only put 6k miles on it so far so nothing to really report. i've done an oil and filter change. the car does good on gas, but the 2-3 gear pull is so fun it gets easy to be addicted to the boost and guzzle gas. even when i drive like an ass i can still do above 25 mpg. if i drive normal on the freeway i get 35+ consistently.

great so it gets better than they say it does. I will be going with the dct though. I hear its ok. I think im gunna wait till the refresh. Apparently hyundai has some shit in store for us with the n line so who knows...maybe we will see a 300 hp elantra in the future mayneee

How does the Elantra coop without having cooling vents on the rear bumper? Doesn't bumper fluid turn to sludge if it gets too hot?

last couple cars i drove with dcts were really annoying in stop and go traffic. they just seem jerky at low speeds. hyundai actually did a pretty stellar job with the 6MT and clutch in this car. i got really hung up on shifter and clutch feel when i was test driving a bunch of cars before i bought this one.

wut

Exactly what I heard as well. I hear it pairs well with the engine but shit man I wish they just threw a normie auto in it but shit hopefully they fix it up for the next one, and by the way hiiiuhhhhhdaiiiiiii is going im sure they will.

Or you know, just get a 1.8t jetta sport and APR tune it.

I had one, with a 93 APR tune, a torque monster with instant power (small K03 turbo)

242 hp/293 tq. It was bad ass for what it was. Some harley fags though they could go faster... LOL.... got it to 130 and the look on the guys face was priceless.

The fake cooling vents on the rear bumper. Like literally what the fuck. The rear bumper isn't a fucking heat source on any front engine car.

vw is shit

The hyundai is slower 0-60 and 1/4 mile and handles worse... Why are you saying its better?

Honda has a DCT they can throw in. It's the best on the market. And exclusive to the Acura brand. You can get it in the ILX, the Civic's sister car.

>Why the fuck wont Honda make a dct or automatic and throw it into the SI?
So your mad that a sporty trim level is only offered with a manual transmission? Go learn to drive my summerchild.

V6 Accord is superior to every faggot economy car posted in this thread. Elantra has nice exhaust note? Ahhhhahahahah

Wow a 300 hp V6 Mustang does 25 mpg when driven hard, what made you buy a little shitbox elantra?

>v6
>fwd
garbage twice over

And a fwd 4 banger korean car is better?

What is wrong with a V6? Im waiting for an honest answer.

pigfat, needlessly complex, inherently unbalanced, sounds like ass

100% certain this is a case of the fox and the grapes. Sorry kiddo, you were raised wrong. I hope you get the most out of your sub two liter engine.

can't hear you over the sound of the v8 luxobarge i actually own, you effete projecting twat

Please dont go further in debt for a hyundai elantra.

Thought you were the Elantra turbo guy. Norhin wrong with a luxobarge V8. LS430? or what?

Autocucks cucked again!

It's not even about that. I know how to drive manual but its a shit experience since all my driving is done in stop and go. I had that fun in my late teens, I don't want to deal with it again. Its more about Honda failing to appeal to a big part of the market. Honestly its just a fucking SI. Its a sport compact with modest HP. They will lose people to the sentra sr turbo and the elantra turbo....

Who cares? You can get a much nicer/faster/better equipped used car for the same price.