New driver and tire pressure light?

I am worried because I had a bad experience last year and had to put air in my tire. I accidentally bled the air out of my tire AT a air pump at a gas station. The pump was fucked up i guess or maybe it didn't like the tire I have.

Anyway, I bled the air and it got too flat. Had to call road side assistance because I didn't know how to change a tire. Then I had to go to a dealership to put the regular tire back on. Ultimately I didn't have to pay but the whole experience made me feel incredibly inept and stupid.

Now yesterday the tire light came on again. Yesterday was the first cold day of the fall I guess and that fucks with tire pressure? How do I avoid reliving the nightmare? I have a tire pressure checker and it says all tires have the same pressure.

I honestly just don't want to fuck it up again. I am tired of being haunted by ineptness though. I will post pictures of my checker.

When it's cold, keep the pressure a little bit higher. But just a little bit.

Learn to change a tyre all you need is a tyre iron and a jack stand

Here is a pic of the pressure checker. When I took the pressure of each tire this morning. Each tire measured to the line that is like directly above the lane marked "2"

I know the pressure is measured in PSI and my car manual says each tire should be 32 psi.

When I count by 5's on the PSI track, it doesn't seem to add up. Like there is only 6 little lines between 0 and 40. Am I reading it wrong? The tire pressure of each tire measured two little notches below 40. Which I would think is 35?

A bit confused.

The guage on your checker starts at 10, not 0.

P=nRT/V
thus
P α T
So yes. Your tire pressure will change with the ambient temperature. But you have to convert to absolute units to figure out how much.
Like if the temperature is going between -20C and 20C in reality it is swinging between 253.15K to 293.15K and the air pressure in the tires (assuming no change in atmospheric pressure) will increase by 15.8%. So if it was at 30PSI when it was -20C it will be at 34.7psi when it's 20C.

Also invest in a 12V air compressor. Most of them have built in pressure gauges and they cost like 20 bucks at Walmart.

Ahh I see. Damn I feel stupid. How did you find that it starts at 10? I assume you probably just did the math and counted the spots. I should have done that.

Thank you. So my tires are at 30 psi and not 35 like I thought. The recommended psi for my tire is 32. Would such a small difference turn the tire pressure light on though?

If the tire pressure light is on but the pressure in the tires is within tolerances then it's possible your tire pressure monitoring system needs to be reprogrammed or one or more of the sensors is broken.

I see. It was fine the other day though. And it was cold last night and I have no garage. Should I get that air compressor like user was saying. Try filling up the tires a bit. If the light still doesn't go off, take it to dealership? Just trying to figure out the best course of action. The recommended psi for each tire is 32 and each tire is at 30 psi right now.

you just count the markers.
there are 3 markers between 40 and 80, for 50, 60, 70.
there are 3 markers before 40. for 30, 20, and 10.

A 2 psi difference won't be adequate to set off the monitoring system. So one of your sensors is probably fucked.

Yes it is.
I've seen TPMS sensors throw the light because of low ambient temp before, especially on cold mornings. Usually goes away later in the day. That can't have changed the pressure more than a couple PSI.

It depends. A lot of people who can't into air pressure will end up having their tires inflated indoors when they get their tires put on where the temperature and ambient air pressure are likely higher than outside. So when you combine that with a really cold morning it can lead to a fairly sizeable pressure differential.

OP does your car let you actually check what the individual pressure sensors are reading?

It does not. It looks like there is only one sensor light for them all? I was just going to put some air in all of them. I think I will buy a air compressor. I had bad luck with a "free" gas station air pump. I think the nozzle thing was cracked and would bleed air from my tire.

Yeah it will only tell you if at least one of your tires are out of tolerance. But if one of your sensors kicked the bucket the system will assume a value of 0 from that sensor and no amount of fucking with the pressure will make the light go off.

do not just "put air" in them without checking all four pressures first. Start with the lowest tire.

It's just tire pressure dude it's not the end of the world. I mean yes you are breathtakingly inept but that doesn't mean you also have to have anxiety attacks over this shit. If you used a gauge and all your tires read normal pressure then ignore the light and just keep driving. Just periodically check your pressure to make sure the tires are holding air. Voi la

Yeah I know, my personality is just fucked. Small things cause me to obsess the whole day about it. I just feel like I have bad luck and something will go wrong.

I'd bet two bucks your spare has a sensor. That, or you're literally 1lb under the threshold.

>I am worried because I had a bad experience last year and had to put air in my tire.

This is so fucking funny.

Are you a woman?