C7 zr1 reveal event

>c7 zr1 reveal event
>gm official mentions Veeky Forums while discussing the car

Oh great. Another shitty Corvette

btfo

>build all this hype around a mr corvette
>it's still fr

GM cucks will defend this.

That's the C8. the C7 was never going to be MR.

OP pic isn't the C8?

btfo

does jewgle know something we don't

No, its clearly the C7 you can tell by the front and rear lights. the C8 is going to get a facelift of some kind.

>gm can't even compete with a literal roided out VW Beetle
rotflmao

MR worst layout

Ironically the racing 911s in GT1 ditched RR like a 2 dollar hooker.

>gm official mentions Veeky Forums while discussing the car
source

911 GT1s were basically purpose-built LMP cars with a 911 front and engine.

>we fixed the overheating problem with the z06
>but some of our most loyal fans are still not letting it go
>so for this reason alone the zr1 will not have a hood and will have 29 heat exchangers
>our car beat the gtr nismo
>get your lol on at Veeky Forums.org/o

I don't think he's talking about the old 911 GT1, but the modern RSR's that are currently racing, which are also Mid engined.

That had more to do with current regulations favoring aero-heavy cars, and flipping the drivetrain around allowed them to run a massive diffuser at the back.
They basically traded traction for balance and aero.

I was talking about the Old GT1 cars as another user in /sp/ had told me they were actual road-based cars with the engines moved forward or something but i guess he was wrong. RSR September Elevens had their engines mounted in a different direction so more of the weight is leaning forward i believe.

>zr1 reveal event
>twin turbo v6

A NA V6 option stingray would be a good thing. i don't know if they've built up their V6 platforms enough to handle 600 HP. it may be like the Ford GT but worse where it gets even shittier fuel economy than the V8 combined with being 3500+ lbs we could see something like a 10 MPG V6 sports car.

Yeah, the old GT1 was basically a 962 with the front half of a 993 stitched on.
Then the later '98 GT1 was redesigned from the ground up, and the only 996 parts it used were the headlights and taillights.

Test

He's right. The RSR had a 180 degree engine and tranny rotation. This moves the weight more mid engine than rear and takes weight off the back tires theoretically causing less wear. The wheel base was also extended. A Cayman is truly mid engined. The 911 rsr is still a 911 just as close to a Cayman as you can get.