/twg/ - Total War General

Takeda BTFO Edition

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for Rome 2 and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - FREE FOR ALL, Magic, Campaign, Fortress Gate Battles:
youtube.com/watch?v=3sgjUxVPtY4

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - Dragons, New Units, Geomantic Web, DLC Plans:
youtube.com/watch?v=t48El9jBvr0

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen and High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=BKMR08CpxCU
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

>Warhammer II
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Vision Dev Diary:
youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>DEAD Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Campaign-posting and screenshot-sharing encouraged

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=edGOeTr2Ghg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stop playing Fantasy!

>Sunburst standard of Hexoatl
>40m radius +12% missile parry +9md

>Ruination of Cities
>Wind
>3 damaging rifts spread outwards

>Slann Forcefield
>AoE buff w/ 40m radius, can be targeted on friendly unit or ground
>+8ld +44%magic resist for 15s

>Renowned and Revered
>final blue skill
>-10% enemy agent success chance
>+25% chance of wounding enemy agents in self defense
>-8% upkeep for lords army
>+5%campaign movement range
>+1xp all recruits for lords army

He only has 3 new spells
>shield of saphery
>apotheosis
>arcane unforging

He also has both passives from the lore of light (exorcism, global ld debuff for all undead unless it gets changed) and heavens (roiling skies, -missile block chance/md for all flying units mapwide)

>He only has 3 new spells
and by this I mean he has net of amyntok, curse of the midnight wind, and comet of cassandora as 3 of the spells in his "lore", but he has skills that seem to be a bunch of powerful unique spells that seem to be bound abilities

Best faction reporting in

(You) get to choose which culture the next Total War, historic or not, focuses on

Which one do you choose?

Rock the boat!

Bronze Age

Total War: CHINA

Why the fuck did I never get bamboo wall deplouables with my firearm guys

They're the same thing lad, you can either buy it standalone if you just want Total Warhams 1, or you can pre-order TWWH2 and get it.

Total War: LOTGH

iirc you have to be in a defensive field battle to get them

A fantasy Greco-Bactrian kingdom.
With steam trains.

My top three choices list would be tight, but would come to:

1. Pre-Yuan China
2. Post-Yuan China
3. Bronze Age Mediterranean.

How big is Vlad's cock?

Bigger than a Varghulf's

You had to be on the defense and only worked in campaign

It may have been linked to some tech, I don't remember for sure

I'm going to be dominated by a best elf!

anyone elses steam been chugging extremely slowly the past couple of days?

Total War: Fall of the Yuan Fucking Shits

I'm being dominated by a MILFvampire.

Yeah mine takes forever to load store page even when nothing else is running

Friendly reminder that if you think we're getting two separate DLC race packs for warhammer 1 you are the textbook definition of a brainlet.

Friendly reminder that I might not have much brains but my determination and willpower will humble you every time.

Defensive battles, on the campaign map, and you had to be perfectly on flat terrain to have the option to do it.

>brainlet
>predicted ABB in sciences and history a levels

GREENSKINS FUCK OFF

>perfectly flat terrain
Was this a a fuck up like naval landings which exist only as a commander trait

>to smart too fall for your bait

>that much swordsman
Fuck is wrong with you

Empire 2 total war

maybe its SFO

Looks like he's still in the early game, where just stacking swords and crossbows is pretty much the only effective (and possible) strategy.

>Slaaneshfu left

no

Does that say framed photograph say TOTAL WAR RETARD

Those are... interesting gifts for ones coworker.

What would you have filled the army with if you could only recruit swordsmen, spearmen and crossbows?

attard her last name.

I bet that dildo came from Mike Simpson himself.

I bet he sends dildoes to all leaving employees.

Everybody thinks it's a joke, but he thinks it's a meaningful and pleasant gift for someone to receive.

Why is she called slaaneshfu?

She collects Slaanesh miniatures.

Also she's fit.

>m-mike, what is this?
>It is a dildo Rebecca.
>why?
>It is finely wrought rebecca, it is my gift to you.
>t-thanks Mike.
>Use it well rebecca, remember who owns you.

It's late in the DAY, for the Empire to send its ambassadors to my door!

>look at her twitter
>all those pics with dogbert

You just KNOW

H-have Joey and grace been DOG'D as well?

youtube.com/watch?v=edGOeTr2Ghg

Fay enchantress also should have multiple lore spells
But she doesnt

Mods fix it though

>let's make the game worse for the sake of my autistic lore
This is even worse than trying to make the game shittier for the sake of historical accuracy, because this shit isn't even real

it's all made it up dude the fay enchantress did never exist

The fuck you on about retard

Everyone has.

Why is dogbert the best employee?

So if Norsca IS the new race coming out....

Wulfrik? Throgg? Surtha Ek? Felman Ingersson? Valkyia? Someone else?

What faction bonuses? Bonus to naval combat? Increased movement when moving from sea to land?

Will we see Norsca split into multiple factions finally? Will their buildings be reworked so they don't get stack upon stack of rank 4+ units and ASININE spam?

Besides mammoths, what kind of units can we expect? Personally I'd be fine with a "mid tier" version of Mauraders, which basic Chaos warriors as their elites (with a limiting system like Bretonnia peasants)

Will the less spiky stabby factions be represented? Some close to Marienburg are open to southern customs.

He gets paid to be a living shitpost.

>naval combat

uhm...

Every female in Horsham has

Reminder that this is a fantasy general dancing

just fucking won a game with my last unit on the field being a fleeing ashigaru yari unit.

like they broke a milisecond right after the enemies last unit broke.

>These are my credentials.
>Now allow me to demonstrate my kindergarten level reading comprehension

> Wulfrik
Would be a horde faction, doesn't make sense for a regular faction.
> Throgg
Not a Norscan, but would be interesting.
> Valkia
Would rather her lead a dedicated Khorne faction than a single Norscan tribe.

We know that it'll have two legendary lords and each will have a unique starting position. My bet is that we'll get Egil Styrbjorn leading the Skaeling.

I'd imagine we'll got bondi or some similar mainline unit that actually has armor but is otherwise similar to marauders in tier. Werewolf units and the like are also possible.

Reminder that this is a history and anime general

Victoria: Total War

So again I know this is unrelated but I asked some anons yesterday about Vermintide and Spacehulk deathwing. I bought both and have had an absolute blast with them. If the anons who recommended them are around, thanks guys.

I also got BFG armada but saving that for my next day off.

>25% ambush chance
>succeed

get fucked Croatia

We should have destroyed Norsca, every man woman and child, many years ago!

*shouting*

Enough! Dietershafen is lost, and our northern allies have failed us. Where was the last report of his whereabouts?

My Witch Hunters tell me that his forces have moved to the east, we must expect an attack on Erengrad!

This is nonsense, no attack is coming - Kislev controls Troll Country. He's not attacking, he's making allies! At this very moment he courts the One-Eye, the Beastmen! The warherds will rise up against us and the Drakwald will be lost once more!

Ridiculous! Middenland won't stand for it! Our forces have sole military access to their forests. I believe the attack will come from the Chaos Wastes themselves - he intends to travel across the World's Edge Mountains, and into Ostermark - Sylvania will revolt, and sweep across from the east

Thats wild speculation!

He will come not from the north, nor the east - our traders in the south report that he has forged an alliance with the tribes of the Bjornling. He intends to circumnavigate the Empire and sail his army-

To the Badlands perhaps!

He would lose half his army to attrition alone! The other half would desert!

We must defend Blackfire Pass!

Do you expect the orcs to welcome him when he arrives?

I suppose he will bring with him, an army of Chariots!

Elector Counts, I dare say that would be quite a feat, even for the great Surtha Ek.

Reminder that this motherfucker is the rightful emperor.

ayyyy

>noseless khemrian cuck
>rightful emperor

good to hear user, you playing vermintide with randos? ive been avoiding it because of multiplayer fuggery

I've some mates who have been glad of the excuse to play again and I've also done some gaming with pubbies. The community such as it is seems to be full of some pretty nice folk as long as you're chatty.

Except one thing.
80% of elves are shit.

Other than that people seem pretty ok with me only ever playing Saltzpyre.

I'd love to have him helping out in TW WH

Greetings in the name of the STATE

Alberic de Bordeleux gets a bonus to 'naval combat'.

Probably just autoresolve.

I don't know what you all think of this but I think CA are really missing a trick with not having legendary heroes. I don't just mean Krell but an option to (faction appropriately) recruit say Felix Jaeger or Valten for an army via a certain tier V building. You can only have one per 5 provinces or something, throw in some quests and I reckon a huge quantity of neetbuxs would flow your way at $X.99 a pop.

When have CA ever turned down free money?

Hence the inverted commas.

Naval combat has, I admit subjectively, always been shit, and I know I always autoresolved it.

Will we ever get an Albion DLC?

>Total War: BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION
I'd still play the fuck out of it. The Bronze age is such an underrated era.

I would love this though have a feeling it'd end up as a mini-campaign. Though I really love the idea of it as a separate theatre like in Empire.

The Romans mass a force to attack Gedigisel's army outside of sabrata, but are again beaten. I'm not sure why my axes did so poorly in this battle - I had the high ground and got great charges off but they performed worse than they did in the similar battle I had earlier where I was charging up a slight slope

G O B L I N S

>400 kill doggo

noice

the only thing I find interesting about that period is Egypt being constantly raided by the mysterious sea peoples

what would the starting date be? it's a pretty long period.

Vermintide is fucking dope; best adaptation of the WHFB/WHFRP universe besides TW:W in the last decade, hands down.
In my experience, public games have been pretty hit and miss, but fantastic if you manage to join/form a good lobby.
Kerillian a shit; Bardin is criminally underrated

M2tw is the best one

My favourite thing about Bardin is that as salzpyre it's way easier to shoot over his head and not worry about friendly fire.

Truly sigmar shows us the way. Stand with (of a bit behind, and preferably upwind of) the dorfs.

awesome

M3tw fucking when?

not according to the webm guy.

>instead of a proper medieval expansion for attila CA is making some CiG 2.0 barbar borefest for rome 2 based on the concept art

There are multiple options

You could set it around 1177BC and make the game all about the Bronze Age collapse

I'd probably go with a 1200 starting date, the Iliad is somewhere in there

>AI in charge of choosing its starting position

Oh I forgot

If you would prefer the a more positive approach instead of surviving the sea people and total annihilation where things get so bad that the Greeks forget how to write to the point they need to make up a new system of writing then you would go earlier

The height of Minoan Greece for example, then the Greeks are on the rise and Crete is among their first conquests

>start the game with a faction hating you
>tfw you become best friends with them over time

Claim your total waifu.

>vandals start out at war with the alamans
>on the very first turn I barely fend off 2 of their armies that attack
>eventually besiege, sack, and subjugate them
>after declaring war on the romans and sacking my way through the alps/italy they begin to like me
>now they are a powerful faction that has been giving tribute for almost the entire campaign

The woman who becomes faction leader when you annihilate someone so fucking hard they literally don't have any adult men left

makes me so fucking hard

I find this happens a lot. Beating up a faction and forcing them to accept a non-aggression pact makes them like you better in the long term than being at peace but just letting them fester.

any total war mod about unusally early periods of antiquity?
say 7th century BC europe or so
>doing campaign as the suevi
>try to avoid the vandals as much as possible
>they come fight me anyway and i destroy them
>start doing all the optoinal objectives

>she still speaks with a deep manly voice
NOPE