V6 1LE

>under 35k
>335hp @ 7200 RPM
>3400lbs
>2+2 seats
>1g cornering
>52:48 balance
This seems like a perfectly balanced sports car, is the visibility really THAT terrible?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yh2kHQhYqpU
youtube.com/watch?v=rgQK99WeAcQ
caranddriver.com/features/ford-mustang-gt-at-lightning-lap-2015-feature
fordauthority.com/2017/03/ford-mustang-boss-302-spoils-camaro-gt4-r-debut/
youtube.com/watch?v=uh2e9_1caZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=oM9uqtgRLD0
youtube.com/watch?v=JtOlxn3M1WI
youtube.com/watch?v=1o0HzNx8JqM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>gm
rotflmao

They make a 1LE V6...? How many fucking trim packages does this stupid car have? 50?

LS 1LT 2LT 1SS 2SS ZL1 1LE and whatever the convertible model is called

The 1LE is a handling package, not an actual trim level.
LS
1LT
2LT
1SS
2SS
ZL1

Those are the trim levels. The 1LE handling package is available on V6 and V8 cars. That said, the I4 turbo is no slouch.

AIN"T NO NEED TO SEE WHERE I"M GOIN

JUST NEED TO KNOW WHERE I"VE BEEN!

Yes its that awful. Just go drive one

The 1LE isn't an official trim level. it's a handling package. And it's only available on V6 and V8 cars. So to get the V6 version, you need an LS, 1LT, or 2LT with the optional V6 and then the 1LE package. They will not let you stick the 1LE package on the 2.0L 4 cylinder.

they all sound and look like the same exact fucking thing

I wouldn't be surprised if a GM autist would actually waste his time trying to explain everything when no one gives a fuck

The only things to look for are
>ss
Or
>zl1

Any other trim level and I don't even bother pulling up next to them. Not even worth the gas

Dont plan on using the back seat for people but the visibility is fine.

Ill agree this car is otherwise perfect

>The 3.6L V6 can out drag a 5.7L V8 Challenger
>slow
pick one.

challenger is also pigfat as fuck

The V6 does mid-13 second 1/4 miles.
with the 8 speed automatic, nevermind the 6 speed manual
It's fast

>better power to weight than a Challenger R/T
Heh

the ss is much better and not that expensive.

It's 10 grand more expensive, minimum, to get an SS with the same handling prowess. The 1LE is an option on the SS too faggot

If it had a different name it'd get more praise, but because it's a Camaro it MUST be a V8 or it's for women/fags/cucks

That's expensive for a V6 pony car. You can buy a V8 Mustang for that price.

but it can outhandle the V8 mustang. The "track pack" on the Mustang is nowhere near the transformation the 1LE package is

>he thinks turbo diesel truck tier 1/4 times are fast

Lol

this

plus you will always wish you got a V8

everyone who buys a V6 camaro comes back and asks about supercharger kits

Doesn't it have shit handling when compared sports cars that aren't pony/muscle cars?

That's what I've always heard the problem with it was.

Lol no one buys pony cars for track use. They use them exclusively for pissing contests and red light raccan. You're better off getting a toyotabru or new miata if you want something for track use.

I'm sure you're right but it's still too expensive for a V6 pony car.

lol not even close, the handling is amazing for something its size. You'd have to spend twice as much on a Cayman S for a better handling daily drivable car

The 1LE package is $4,500. That's where a good chunk of the cost comes from. I specced one out on Chevy's website for about $33,500

it looks like trash.
for 35k you can find a better looking and better sounding e92 m3.

Have you never been to a track day before? Plenty of people track their shitstangs.

That get passed up by miatas and toyotabrus all day

The visibility is pretty shit. When I heard people talk about it I thought they meant the visibility out of the back window, I thought they were just finding a reason to complain.

Then I drove one and I saw where all the complaints were coming from. The windshield is super small and the dash is really high, same story with the windows. Doors are high and windows are small. Rear windshield is practically non existent.

It's pretty annoying, definitely something to consider if you're thinking about buying one

Anything over $30k seems expensive for a non-V8 pony imo.
For comparison, an Ecoboost Mustang with track pack costs about $29k MSRP including delivery charge and not including any incentives.

but trying to mod the v6 into a ghetto ss is a waste of time.

>For comparison, an Ecoboost Mustang with track pack costs about $29k MSRP
and is a full second slower down the 1/4 mile and can't handle as well.
next.

No one said to mod the V6 though. why would you need to? It's virtually perfect. only thing I;d change is maybe the seats.

V6 1LE just has the SS suspension. The only advantage it has on a regular ss is weight. It doesn't get the magnaride that the SS 1LE has

some people would same thing with r/t challengers.

Still not worth the cost difference.

to you

To 99% of people buying these cars.

>my opinion is everyone elses
fascist

Wow, all of the drivers were the exact same skill and all cars were in spec? Thats an amazing coincidence, thanks for that awesome scientific test.

Yeah, everyone who buys a Mustang or Camaro drag races and or tracks their car regularly.

Don't be a retard. Enthusiasts who track or race their cars are a very small minority.

But then you’d be stuck with a shitty 5.slow ferd

It's probably my favorite thing that a v6 1LE almost beat a challenger hellcat at this year's lightning lap. The best fiat could manage was 0.4 seconds faster than a v6 camaro.

Camaro V6 1LE:
youtube.com/watch?v=yh2kHQhYqpU

Charger Hellcat:
youtube.com/watch?v=rgQK99WeAcQ

2015 Mustang GT:
caranddriver.com/features/ford-mustang-gt-at-lightning-lap-2015-feature

Ford and Dodge BTFO

>3400lbs
dropped

but you cant even see out the rear window user

Nobody calls the M2 pigfat despite weighing even more, what's wrong with 3400

cars are just fat these days

I don't care about M2s. 3400 is over 400 away from being debateably pigfat. That's like asking two landwhales to sit in the back seat at all times.

Ever notice how much better it is when they get out? It's like a breath of fresh air in more way than one.

>3400lbs

disgusting

Why can’t they put these sick mawds on an ATS?

meanwhile in the real world

fordauthority.com/2017/03/ford-mustang-boss-302-spoils-camaro-gt4-r-debut/

sperg more and stay BTFO GM cuckold

The car knows where it is because it knows where it isn't

mental gymnastic this any way you want but modern v6 pony cars are proper sports cars.

the whole point of a pony car is it is supposed to be a cheap car with lods of power and the v6 versions are cheap and have lods of power

My parents let me drive their convertible and it felt like I was looking out from inside a toaster oven. I haven't driven it with the top up.

>Anything over $30k seems expensive for a non-V8 pony imo.

This is true.

Go try it and see for yourself, I loved the way it drove but just couldn't get over how blind I was.

For 35k you could also get an e63 m6 with very low miles. There is literally no excuse to buy american junk.

I have the absolute hugest hard on for the new Camaros because they can out handle so many cars that people wouldn't expect a Camaro to be able to out handle, but...

You have no intention of actually buying the car

not for a few years. My biggest complaint about the 5th gen 1LE was there was no V6 version. A V8 is nice, but I love a high revving screamer. I'll grab a V6 1LE in a few years once the majority of the depreciation has passed.

>This seems like a perfectly balanced sports car, is the visibility really THAT terrible?
The only reason I don't want one is because its got poor visibility, and its a really heavy car

I'd prefer the Chevy SS over it which is about the same thing but its 45k

>3400 lbs
>really heavy
The BMW M4 weighs more.
As does the Mustang, Challenger and almost every car it competes with. The Camaro is actually pretty damned light.
>Camaro = Chevy SS
Nope. The Camaro was all new from 2016+. It now uses the Alpha chassis from the Cadillac ATS. It's shorter, narrower, and about 200 lbs lighter on average than the equivalent previous Zeta chassis Camaro.
No longer do you go to a rebadged Holden for the equivalent Camaro sedan.
That's Cadillac's thing now.

>No longer do you go to a rebadged Holden for the equivalent Camaro sedan.
>That's Cadillac's thing now.
They're even built on the same assembly line in Detroit.

It could run flat 12s for all I care. You look like a retard driving a Camaro with a 6 cylinder.

Most people wouldn't know how many cylinders any car has just by "looking" at it..

i'd rather get a 370z than that

> perfectly balanced
>front heavy
Lol

I think the 370z gets boned by even 4pot camaros

I don't know about the 4cyl camaro's but 370z's run mid to low 13 second quarter mile stock

i was talking about a track but yea the more grunt from the z's v6 will make it quicker and faster as a highway car.

and some guy ran a 12.7 stock 370z

youtube.com/watch?v=uh2e9_1caZ8

the Z weighs 3200lbs and has a pretty sophisticated suspension set up so I'm sure it'll hold its own on the track

4 cylinder does like 13.9.
Doesn't take much to get them MUCH faster though.
This car has an intake kit, an intercooler kit, an exhaust kit, a downpipe, an E85 conversion and a tune.
youtube.com/watch?v=oM9uqtgRLD0

6th gen owner here

>tfw the v6 1le is just an SS with the v6
>tfw the ss starts at $38
>$4k to get the v8

it's a tough sell, you want the v8

The SS 1LE is my attainable "dream car" in the future, but I don't know if I can get over the visibility. I drove a 5th gen before and that was pretty bad already.

>tfw GM have been doing gay V6s instead of jut slapping a OHC/DOHC head on the stovebolt
>tfw no ultralight roots supercharger dohc L6 camaro to shit on hellcats cause lolweight

Sadly, v6 le will destroy 370z at the track. 370z suspension is not sophisticated. They handle worse then 86, slower then pony cars in straight. It’s “meh” Car at this moment.

>@7200rpm
Useless for street desu

But high-revving engines, in particular V6's and V10's sound really good. It probably sounds better than the V8 honestly; OHV engines should have died decades ago.

I'm not talking out sound, I'm talking about how it drives. Also I've never heard a v6 irl that sounds good. Always have that farty tone. Never seen a v10 up close so I can't comment on them
>ohv should be dead
Just lol. Nobody gives a fuck about power per litre

It's not about power per litre, its about reaching a high redline. That, and most OHV engines sound like something you get in an old truck or bus with a broken muffler.

>at high revs
You're fucking retarded, m8. If you want a fun street car, you want the power down in the low revs. There's a reason you don't put a single plane tunnel ram on your daily.

But how can you have fun in a car if you're not wringing the engine to its mechanical limits? Besides, you wouldn't daily a high-revving sports car; that would be silly.

The V6 has DOHC. That's why it screams to 7200 rpm
You won't get a light inline 6 Camaro because of how inline 6's are packaged. The JZ and RB I6's, for example, weigh more than an LS V8. For a proper lightweight 6 cylinder model, the engine needs to be lighter than the V8.
Oh wait, the LGX in the Camaro already is.
>putting a supercharger on the V6
Interesting idea, and one GM's toyed with before. The problem is that a supercharged 3.6 would step on the toes of the V8 model.
It's perfect the way it is. You just hate the car for the sake of hating it.

not him, but I agree. the V6 sounds better than the V8. Honestly, the LGX sounds very similar to Nissan's VQ and VR V6's, likely because they all use the same V angle (60°), and the same firing order (1-2-3-4-5-6)
youtube.com/watch?v=JtOlxn3M1WI
youtube.com/watch?v=1o0HzNx8JqM

I'm saying that if you're dicking around with a car on the road, you're better off with power down low.

Speaking of supercharging the V6, I'm fairly sure there are aftermarket kits for it. It'll still be lighter than a V8, sound better, and put out as much, if not more power.
I dick around with my cars on the road and bounce of the redline quite often though. Especially on highways where there's more room to do so.

>I've never driven a Vtec Honda before
That's the appeal of a Screamer. They're a bit like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
They're sedate and under the radar most of the time, but when you put your foot down, hell is unleashed.

You can do what you want, m8. I'm just sayin that generally a car with its power in the low revs will feel more responsive with road use and will last more years before shitting the bed.
Whatever floats your boat, dood

2018 Mustang GT. Local dealer has some coming in with a 10-speed and manual. Both are 30k sticker and have 460hp. V6 Camaro is for niggers to put 28" rims on.

I know the V6 i dohc, its just that L6>V6 everytime.
>a 2,6L weights more than a 5,7 V8
What the fuck, japan?
US L6s always wieighted less than their V8 counterparts at least, o make that L6 alloy and you're good to go.
And I was suggesting supercharging a L6 since it's god's chosen engine layout anyway.
>you just hate the car for the sake of hating it
no you dumb nigger, I didnt say I hated the fucking car. Learn to read instead of doing that gay pseudo "read between the lines im so clevurr" shit.
I'd hate it because its a modern car, but it might be one of the very few modern cars I'd consider if I knew the electronics wouldnt forcekill the car in 5-10 years.
I'll keep t fucking around with my carbs and L6s.

>buy L4 stang
>boost the everloving shit out o it
>btfo GTs all day
how many times will we have to teach you this lesson, old man?

>US L6s always wieighted less than their V8 counterparts at least
The modern equivalent of the old Stovebolt 6, the Atlass LL8 4.2L DOHC I6, also weighs more than an LS

whad de fug :DDDDD
Still better than a gay V6

4 banger stangs with mods are confirmed time bombs and are for peasant fags who can't afford a real car. A GT with bolt ons and a tune will walk and pos Ecoboost.