youtube.com/watch?v=Se5v-Ym9j8c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Motor_vehicle_manufacturers_of_Finland
youtube.com/watch?v=VrjK-92Qa5E
youtube.com/watch?v=_p-BxTo_r6o
youtube.com/watch?v=qiIYEmpWaaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wqQhQSbe6fw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

my summer car

sloppily modified and massively overboosted 80s Mercedes 200 diesels and Volvos running at 400hp

P E E R
E
E
R

PERRRRRRRRKELE

This
OM606 "SuperTurbo" everywhere. And Volvo 740.
Just the other day saw a ratty red/black 740 on the motorway rolling coal so hard the entire rear of the car was covered in black soot

>what is yearly inspections

Most people running this kind of setup come from some backwater town and they know their local MOT inspectors who let them pass emissions with that kind of setups.

Also a lot of tuned VW 2 liters and BMW 3 liters. Engines over 3 liters displacement are kind of rare.

Despite our success in motorsports majority of people here aren't into cars and the only thing they care about is which diesel powered wagon gets the best mpg.

I suddenly dislike Twingos.

Old car population, car tax drives prices up to retarded levels and lots of "sensible" cars. Winter and salted roads kills cars pretty easily so older cars tend to be in horrible shape.

There's a lot of interest in retro cars and classics.

Feels good to live in the north, no salt here.

Lots and lots of 90s and 2000s shitboxes and skodas

T. Mazda 323 1991 owner

>HA HA HA
>not HON HON HON
Weak.
0/10.

The less the value of the car the more insane the driver is

There is a good reason why Finland has produces a lot of good rally drivers

youtube.com/watch?v=dbr-GkLUNGw

The video is like a decade old. That was before the whole hon hon thing

>vittu saatana perkele

The scary thing is - most of the people here will play that game and think that its like super satirical and all that

Little do they know just how realistic the game is, in terms of what it looks like, what people do for fun, the simple rural life, the cars you'll see and so on

My summer car is too damn comfy.

People always say this but I would bet that percentage wise more Finns are into cars than any other Europeans. You should see Raksilan Marketit during the weekends.

>comfy
>get in car
>die

>perma death

literally the exact opposite of comfy. refunded that garbage meme game in less than 2 hours

:(

You can turn off perma death, you know that right?

I mean, the Finns did kind of invent the Scandinavian Flick, and hold all kinds of rally records.

>18-20 year olds with their riced VWs, Volvos and 3-series BMWs
>Turbo Volvos, diesel Mercs, tuned VAG diesels
>Japanese car enthusiasts

Old cars that are really expensive and rusty pieces of shit because of the long winters.

I'm not sure but Finland kinda seems comfy

How about you GIT GUD?

Only in the dead of the five-month winter and the three whole days of summer. The rest is rain, sleet and depressing weather and darkness.

>Three whole days of summer

Is that why you guys only drink beer as if it were water?

Whom do you know that drinks that much water?

Dull as fuck. If there was a Finnish version of Top Gear this would be it's exciting content:

Tonight!
I check out the car everyone has been waiting for! The new Toyota Corolla!
Richard checks out another car people have been waiting for! The Nissan Qashqai!
James goes to check out the annual Lada club meeting!
We go on an epic quest to find the most fuel efficient diesel powered estate car!
The Stig drives a 20 year old Toyota Corolla on our test track! Can he beat the lap time set by a 25 year old Mercedes 190?

Oh, the only cars you'll ever see around here are these:
30 to 20 year old Mercedes Benzes
30 to 20 year old Toyotas
30 to 20 year old Volvos
30 to 20 year old BMW 3-series (these are the cars young people drive and ruin by ricing them)
some 90s Citroens
the only relatively new cars you see around here are VWs and Skodas from early 2000s majority being the former

>beat up shitboxes everywhere
seems fun
just look at how third worlders improvise

I go through about 5l of water a day

Why

No peer

I do a lot of labour. And I am thirsty.

I also drink 1.5l of peer per day at minimum because I am an alcoholic.

I laughed when I first heard the beer bottles clinging in the cars in my summer car because that's exactly how my car sounds

How do you guys get your vitamin D?

>beer bottles clinging in the cars in my summer car

The attention to detail (where it counts) is amazing in that game

UV lamps, supplements, stray ruskies, fish and other dietary sources. A variety of ways. Plus we've adapted to the life in the primeval dark.

thats true, can confirm Im a real finn, vittu perkele joss ei vähä kiljua saa jouda mun fordin ratiss nii saatana

this

Normies are cancer everywhere.

Though the traditional grey Toyota manual diesel wagon has been slowly replaced by white Audi manual diesel wagons with cloth seats.

Crossovers are also a big hit, Finland is traditionally a very wagon oriented country but changes in auto industry show up here too.

Torille

that made me sad

Every taxi is a brand new Mercedes Benz E-Class or a Volvo S80/V70. They are driven to 300k miles / 500k km in a year and then change to a new one.

And all taxi drivers go through taxi school and every taxi is the same price.
You can be black out drunk and trust that the driver will take you home safely without robbing or harming you. Uber is also illegal.

All my relatives in Eastern Finland have the same kind of houses and interiors like in the game.
Middle aged people always laugh when they see the game because they had Datsuns when they were young and lived in those houses surrounded by the same scenerey as in the game.

Exactly what the houses from the 50s/60s looked like when I grew up

The multi-color pillows on the chairs and sofas, who all had those "knobs" where you'd put your hand

Red brick fireplace

Multi-color rugs on the flor that were hard as fuck, always frayed at the ends and gathered sand like a motherfucker

And most of all; the hand-made wall tapestries that decipted either fuck-all or people doing some work, hunting or whatever. I remember us having a big one of a horse in sunset, made by my great-great grandmother

I can smell that room.

>mäntypanelointi :D

I remember in the very late 80's some living rooms in Germany also looked a bit like that.
Everything was so fucking comfy, especially grandparents homes.

I love this thread so much.
Please post more charming Fin stuff

>tfw finland is the only pre-ww2 country left
It really fucking sucks

half of Veeky Forums wouldn't survive a week in Finland

Voi vittu
youtube.com/watch?v=Se5v-Ym9j8c

finlands favorite pasta time?

>benis

>which diesel powered wagon gets the best mpg.

You wrote that a few weeks ago and it has been resonating in my head since then

Did Finland ever produce cars?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Motor_vehicle_manufacturers_of_Finland

thank you siri

We've built Saabs and ATM build Mercedes but other than sem-trucks not really.

Korvensuu :DD

poor

youtube.com/watch?v=VrjK-92Qa5E

Wtf did i just watch

this is comfiest pic of all time

Finns are like gay russians

youtube.com/watch?v=_p-BxTo_r6o

>IT'S SO FUCKING FRESH IN HERE

>normies

omfg how?

nvm

youtube.com/watch?v=qiIYEmpWaaQ

Huutista arskatestolle :D

The main guy saying his Sierra Cosworth with a 2.0 liter 16v turbo intercooler does 0-100 in 6.4 secs saying it's faster than the V8 Bimmer.

>tfw can't go back in time

Weren't first gen Boxsters also built in Finland?

>virolainen
>go to suomi atleast thrice a year
>tfw eesti is just finland scaled down 80% with less minorities but added russians, which are then counterbalanced out with heaps of patriotism

>AIAIAIAIAIAIAI

I have a dream where Korvensuu is rebranded to combat Tesla with hardy and reliable electric utility vehicles also designated to families, this would include a compact vehicle similiar to Twingo in design as in it could be converted to a van with superb interior design, for example similiar mechanism to seats folding "up" to give the entire floor for stuff.
This is all but a dream but man I want Korvensuu as a genuine car brand to compete in modern electric vehicle market

Yes, so were the Caymans till 2011. If you buy a porsche make sure it's Valmet quality because a lot of porsche turned to unreliable BMW-tier shit at some point in early 2010s I tell you.

Can speak for this. Vacationed in Helsinki and outside of the very (less than 2 years old) new diesel hatchbacks, every car was a minimum of 10 years old.

youtube.com/watch?v=wqQhQSbe6fw

legendary

Winter is coming :^)

>that slight bend in the road
>chevy in a ditch
pottery