_135
R24

>having all those gears
Luxury.

>4
look at this dude, driving on daddy's money

R135
_ 246

5 gears ahead 1 reverse is the most practical and the ones used in most racing cars until sequential dogbox.

This
I really want to try one of these
It just looks so right

4 speed= more speed

Whoa. That actually makes a lot of sense, especially for track use where you'll spend 90% of your time in 2 and 3.

I would spend the first day accidentally reversing into shit though no doubt.

youtube.com/watch?v=rQf2MYU5QC0

that's exactly the point of it lol

>not PRNDL
>console shifter
pleb

I'll do you one better

This.

You are like a little baby, watch this

See, that actually makes sense. The knob is just retarded.

oh lawd

>Listening to some good shit
>Try to turn the volume up
>Reach the shifter instead
>Brutally turn it
>Travel back to 1885
That auto """shifter""" will be a mistake

Just wait.
The next generation will have them integrated in the touchscreen

Ford and lincoln just love being the worst at everything don’t they?

24(fakeR)
____R

D D D D D D

Would love to have a transmission like this

This for daily/traffic

This for track and hooning

>debian

I've got that shift pattern these days, and what I don't get is why they didn't put R on the bottom instead of the top. At first you think
>oh cool now I can flip between R and 1 more easily
but then you find
>oh shit not really
>pretty damn easy to wind up back in R when you wanted 1

3 on the tree or 4 speed

Most cars with that pattern either have some sort of collar to pull up to access R or (in the case of BMW) you have to push to the left harder to get to R than you would to get to 1.

Yeah mine has a collar. Thing is when you pull it out of R, you can put it back in pretty easy unless you bring it far enough over into neutral fist. So if you want to do quick R/1 shifts it would be a lot easier to put R on the bottom so you can just go up/down.

This configuration isn't a whole lot better than putting R where the 6 is.

>claim to be car enthusiast
>drive a manual
Fucking why?

Automatic transmissions are better for driving pleasure because they let you focus on the thrill of driving and the road ahead instead of focusing on operating the clutch and shifting gears.
They should seriously limit manual cars to just the race track. Live out your initial d fantasies there, not on public roads where you should focus on the road with both hands on the wheel. Not steering with one hand wondering what gear your in or what rpm to switch to.

Because road driving is so boring you need something more to keep you engaged with the driving process.

Yeah you're right. I've driven both but my current car has it under, I definitely prefer it vs the collar (x100 since I put in a metal reverse lockout reinforcement plate) it's easy to pop it down or back up quick and it's very distinct which position you're in.
R behind 6 still rustles my jimmies though even though there's no real reason with modern lockouts

Lenco.

N

3 on the tree master race

Is that a manual planetary transmission? Damn, how sexy.

Does it work with a torque converted or a dry clutch? I suspect you still need a clutch for starting, but not for shifting, right?

youtu.be/2zx54zjDU4s
Here you go mane, always been my favorite video since the first time watching this transmission in action

Yeah. You only really need the clutch to get going and stop though it's technically easier on the gearbox if you use the clutch.

youtube.com/watch?v=xd6lgc_svUA

I like dogleg for easy access to 2-3. Give me as many gears as you can stuff in the thing.

>thinking that operating a manual gearbox requires any thought
Drive stick for a month and it becomes second nature. When I was driving my old 5-speed Civic every day my shifts were so smooth you couldn't feel them, and I could shift under stress no problem. Driving stick also keeps you from texting or whatever while driving.

Personally, I don't know why automatics need to exist outside of allowing cripples to drive. Manuals are cheaper and easier to make, more durable, and if you start on a manual you'll be good at driving it by the time you're allowed to get your license.

These are straight sexy though. I'd gladly daily.

next gen voice activated automatic gear selection

Clearly you've never driven a BMW with that shift pattern. It's pretty much impossible to accidentally shift to R. The first time a friend of mine tried to shift to R, he was still in 1st even when I had told him it takes a bit more force. I really like that shifting pattern because it makes it easy to go back and forth when parking.

t. Autocuck

itt: consolelets

24R

I guess the BMW implementation of that pattern is superior. I still don't get why they don't put it down instead of up regardless.

>Not mentioning glorious 3 speed on column
Blasphemy