Were fucked

To all you massholes out there, the nanny state has come down with a heavy hand. Starting October 1st all mass inspection facilities will be equipped with five seperate cameras that are monitered directly by the rmv. High quality will also be sent to the rmv. You can no longer have any modification or unsafe mechanical issues. If you have a car that is raised or lowered more than two inches you will be fucked. Exhausts like an axle back or any rust damage will no longer pass inspection. You could hand one grand to the inspector. He can not pass you without the rmv employee's permision.

Please take the time to read this petition and sign it or car culture will die in mass.

thepetitionsite.com/478/014/506/dont-let-massachusetts-kill-car-and-truck-culture/

Move to nh but only if you plan on shooting pic related
fuck the nanny state gl massholes

>living in a liberal shithole

I just made the inspection deadline by getting a sticker for my stock 1986 Honda Prelude today. Under the new standard it would fail due to oil consumption and surface rust on the wheel arches and rocker panels. I consider myself lucky because any car that has anything non-OEM performance wise will fail due to the automated emissions checker. If you modify any emissions system in your car, you automatically fail. Every car with an aftermarket CAI or ebay muffler would be outlawed due to that system. As of tomorrow, you can't bullshit the inspections because of the cameras and the newly acquired NSA-tier backlogs of VIN histories.

tl;dr california and massachusetts lobbyists are in a competition to see who can make their state the most insufferable in the shortest period of time

Mfw
I move to Montana and go to register my vehicles. Lady says $184 for a year or since your two trucks are more than ten years old it would be $427 for permanent plates. That's right my trucks are registered for as long as I own them with no inspection to pass

literal yurop-tier cuckery

No one asked, yes, you're right.
States with 2 people per square mile don't give as much of a shit.

Now, when was the last time a pretty girl actually said hi to you?
You're right. Montana sucks.

Op, can you link to a source?
I'm in a neighboring state and scared.

>tfw florida
>no inspections
>no emissions testing
>but also tfw it's still florida

It'd be good if all states, with or without emissions, at least had a mandatory periodic inspection to make sure the catalytic converters were not removed.

Mines gutted, fuck spending $1000 for a new one.

good fuck those faggot ass lifted trucks and stance fags.
>truck culture

Must be tough fucking your cousin and sister

that insult made no sense but tell me why any street car needs to be dropped more than 2 inches
>but muh coils
you dont need to be scraping on the ground to have a good corner balance with coilovers.
the faggots complaining about the lifting and lowering shit are all stance faggots and lifted truck rednecks... they're the same people

Ideally you would want your ride height as close to stock as possible to retain proper suspension geometry.

Don't spread lies. I live in the "great" commonwealth of MassiveJewShits, and no laws regarding the inspections have changed. The cameras are to keep shady fucks from passing cars without actually inspecting them. My 14 year old car is lowered, has a totally non-stock catback exhaust, and is extensively modified. It passed with no problems, including emissions (which is just a OBDII plug in to check codes, and check for visible smoke from the tailpipe). Here in Mass, any car >14 years old doesn't even need to pass emissions.

>Here in Mass, any car >14 years old doesn't even need to pass emissions.
thats sick... in PA its 25 years. but PA's inspections are pretty lax

pretty much brakes that aren't 2s and no check engine light and you're good to go

>pedro cant lower his car by cutting his springs in half anymore
AY CARUMBA

It's effective tomorrow, not whenever you had your last inspection. Read the OP thoroughly before posting,

Yes, and I had the shop that inspected it so it as though the cameras/new rules were in place. Everyone is miffed over nothing. If your car won't pass safety inspection, then you probably shouldn't be driving it. Some rules are dumb (automatic failure for cracked reflectors or lenses, etc), but most make sense and keep everyone on the road safer. I used to live in a non-inspection state and the shitheaps that rolled around there were downright scary.

Jesus Christ.

And to think MA is the birthplace of American rebellion

Not everyone has the funds to do rust repair in a state that uses road salt in such a liberal fashion as Massachusetts when they are barely scraping by in life due our inept and corrupt state politicians. Is replacing your non-manufacturer supported catalytic converter or muffler with an aftermarket equivalent less safe than running your OEM exhaust system with rust holes. This is just a catch-all fix to force older cars off the road in order to rationalize the eventual phaseout of ICE cars that Massachusetts has already planned by 2050. I can't wait to leave this state.

Same... not sure how I feel about it. It feelsgoodman.jpg... but at the same time... we are in florida.

Maximum fucking over kek!

Amen brother. I bet the auto manufactures are just eating this saftey and emissions shit up... bet most of em help fund things of the nature, without me sounding too much like a aluminum foil hat man.

>competing
Cali won that year's ago, mass is just catching up

Except in the cases were "the proper" suspension geometry is shitty and lowering, not slamming/stancing, helps the suspension geometry

>normal inspections like in every other first world country
>car culture will die in mass
I swear to fucking god Americans are dumber then Central Africans. If your car culture dies because you have to drive road legal cars then you really deserve to be called a third world country.

So, modifications become completely illegal? Or can they be approved?

That must have been a fuckup of epic proportions then, if you need to lower it more than 2 inches to get proper geometry

Good, then you will stop killing innocents when your shitty mods fail and cause catastrophic wrecks.

My cars always passed it. Even my 30yr old jap sedan, passed with ease and over here the inspections are tough, even tougher than in germanistan.

Always fun to watch people come to the Shop and cry to the boss that they didn't pass inspection because of petty bullshit that could've been easily avoided with preventive maintenance.

Regular people never learn...

That's what you get for submitting to the liberals

Your tears taste nice and salty...

>driving to work
>pass dudebro in a lifted truck
>dudebro gets upset that a tiny car passed him
>floors it, flying passed me
>so much black smoke you can't see

I had to wash my (white) car when I got home, because my entire car was stained.

>Must be tough fucking your cousin and sister
But that's a stereotype reserved for people who drive lifted trucks

Under the new standard it would fail due to oil consumption and surface rust on the wheel arches and rocker panels.
>No, does it visibly blow smoke when revved? If yes it needs a rebuild
>Is it a rot hole I can stick my fist into? Otherwise no

If you modify any emissions system in your car, you automatically fail
>This is not new and has been loosely enforced and will continue to be
>The photos are not of the engine bay or undercarriage, and the photos will not include any documentation regarding what your particular vehicle should be equipped with

Every car with an aftermarket CAI or ebay muffler would be outlawed due to that system.
>no ^^

As of tomorrow, you can't bullshit the inspections because of the cameras and the newly acquired NSA-tier backlogs of VIN histories.
>Again nothing new, if you're pulled over and fined yes the police or court could use the photo and video evidence against you
>Cameras are not monitored 24/7, the photos taken of your car are more important

Anymore bad statements regarding this update to equipment for Mass state inspection?
Myself and a butt load of guys at my shop have taken the new course

Based FL checking in, stay out Massholes we don't want you here.

Stay your carpetbagging asses out of Virginia

t. eurocuck with 1.6l diesel hatchback

>NO MODS ALLOWED
>normal inspections like in every first world country

Cowgirls are hot and have big tiddies

>he likes getting cucked

meanwhile i get to permanently register this piece of shit v8 truck for 150$, never have to inspect it in anyway and never get smog checked

>he likes the possibilty of getting rear-ended in the rain by someone with bald tires

>he thinks people who can't afford maintenance or refuse to do maintenance on their car should be allowed on the road, let alone own a car

Yep, truly the taste of freedom, when everyone driving around you is a potential killer but not because of their human nature but their neglect.

Still, wish you safe travels.

>live in NH
>tell my guy what my mileage is and he gives me a sticker to put on myself
>dont even have to have the car there

Life is good...for now.

>you can no longer have unsafe mechanical issues
>this is a problem
If your car has unsafe mechanical issues then it shouldn't be on the road.

t. user with common sense

This is massachusetts. A few years from now, having a manual transmission or a 0-60 time below 10 seconds will be considered an unsafe mechanical issue.

I hear North Carolina is pretty lax on inspections
Property's cheap too
>Warmer weather
>out of the rust belt
>has mountains, beaches and everything in between

COME ON DOWN TO CAROLINA Y'ALL

that explains my friends moms boyfriend getting rid of his WRX for a pickup, he complained of this thing. I'm happy tho, won't have to see hideous ugly loud as fuck tuners on the road anymore.

You fuckers are delusional, I work at an inspection shop, even with cameras, they don't care about aftermarket coils or exhausts. If it isnt on the passing paper, its not a big deal. You can have your CAI and catbacks, quit being pansies

Hello there, holder of a MA state and Commercial inspection license here.

This post is a massive pile of shit. The laws didn't change, the contractor running the program did. It used to be run by Parsons who had it when I got my license and now it's getting taken over buy Applus. The only difference on day to day inspection is the cameras and they even fucked up the contract on that so it doesnt watch all sides of the vehicle. The only time the footage from the camera's is ever gonna get reviewed is if an inspection station gets challenged for doing shit like turning out 40 stickers a minute so unless you're not retarded they're not gonna bother you. The main idea around this is to crack down on COMMERCIAL mobile guys who go to fleet yards and turn out 150 stickers in an hour, and trust me with how some owner operator truckers in mass are, those retards need strict inspections or they'll go bouncing down the road with 80,000lbs and bald tires. Fucking Albanians.

An axle-back? The fuck? Your exhaust is only an issue if you cut the cat off of it and it's supposed to have one, and it's old enough to not need emissions no one is gonna care anyway. That law was the same before and you can still cheat the height laws. Nobody is actively watching those cameras unless you're shop with a bad rep to begin with.

tl;dr nothing really changed, if you drive a car calm the fuck down we're not gonna be any stricter on you unless you go to some dealership goon

>but user

i am that guy in the deathtrap

also i have yet to be run into in over 10 fucking years by a shitbox. i have however been ran into by a brand new bmw

This sounds like what they do on Oahu, photos and if your car is too modified you have to go to another inspection location to get a "recon" sticker that makes modified cars legal. The car culture is still massive here and doesn't stop anyone, nor do cops ever give a shit if a clearly modified car doesn't have a recon.

Thank you to your reply toOP is a huge faggot...

>supporting stricter inspections

I wish I had big tiddies.