/tewg/ - The Evil Within General

Sad Dad Drowning in Yogurt Edition

TEW2 REVEAL TRAILER - youtube.com/watch?v=1yYRVfeiSdU

TEW2 GAMEPLAY TRAILER - youtube.com/watch?v=GR47gSBQhDs

The hype train has left Krimson City Station motherfuckers

I'm here

Anyone know what each DLC is for TEW1?

Okay, so let's see if we can be active enough to make a second thread.

Post what you're currently playing, I'm playing the first dlc with kidman in it

So does Ruvil classify as an edgelord?

I doubt it will last.
two are Kidman and one is the Keeper.
I'm on my first play through on AKUMU. Wasn't much of a stealth player before and having to make things count more than ever is pretty intense.

There's The Assignment and The Consequence with Kidman (which is the main DLC), and then there's The Executioner, which is a weird fighting game arena type DLC with The Keeper that's not really related to the main plot

I was thinking of replaying the first game, but I only have the PS3 version. The frame rate is pretty inconsistent.

Once the second game comes out, I'll probably get it and the original on PS4.

In a way yes lol

but he's a cute edgelord

I play on the PC, its alot more stable

I don't see the point in spending a ton of money on a system that will need to be replaced in less than 5 years.

>cute
That is no way to describe how Ruvik looks with the burns, stitches, and brain jar in his head.

I've had my laptop quite awhile now. Graphics have pretty much leveled out and specs haven't really increased by that much.

My laptop can only handle N64/PS1/PSP games, at most. I tried playing an old Nancy Drew game on it, and it kept shitting itself. It refused to run it after my first session.

...True, true.
Then again, this user finds animals like moray eels and spiders to be cute, so I've got a fucked up taste

STANDING

ON THE EDGE

OF THE ADMINISTRATOR

Was always impressed with how much work went into the final bosses, both of the main game and the DLC.

Especially the DLC.

LIKE JIMINEZ ONCE SAID

Who will the wise magical negro be? Besides the guy that ruined Ruvik's life, that much is obvious.

He either a priest of or the leader of the cult from the first game. You'd know this if you weren't some kid hopping on the TEW bandwagon.

I assume the leader of the cult Ruvik's family was a part of

I love the design of Amalgam so much.
Reminds me a lot of The Thing with all the shit coming out of it (especially with the dog head at the bottom left in this pic)

Also gave me some Renaissance painting vibes with the "core" part of Ruvik all nude and Laura holding onto him

...I meant to put that pic in a spoiler fuck

I'm upto Chapter 10 in TEW lads, having a blast.
I really don't want this ride to end.

I'm glad you're having fun, user!

You think you've won... But have you? You don't know anything. I am with you. I will always be with you now.

R-ruvik?

EMBRACE ME RUBEN

>Sad Dad Drowning in Yogurt
I don't like that effect. The creamy white goo. Most jackasses make sperm jokes but this reminds me of a Dove commercial and it feels, well, clinical to me.

Yes we do. What would you like to know?

It makes me feel like he's drowning in marshmallow goop or white chocolate like a food commercial lol

its gonna be a pain for seb to clean all that out of his hair and clothes

Whatever happened to leslei?

We must be collectively losing our minds.

LOSING OUR MINDS
LOSING OUR MINDS

I love how you can faintly see her bra through her shirt. It's the little things. I hate that she wears high heels though.

Also, her VA sounds different in TEW 2. Can anyone confirm if they got someone else?

...what the FUCK

>Also, her VA sounds different in TEW 2. Can anyone confirm if they got someone else?
It's definitely someone else. And Sebastian sounds like he's got a different VA, too. I just hope Ruvik's voice stays the same.

That's disappointing. I enjoyed their voices.

yeah especially in the beginning when her shirt gets wet enough lol. she has good taste in underwear

Yeah the heels were kinda dumb. She should've had dress shoes instead

I think her VA is different too...? I need to listen to the trailer again

Listen to the radio call during the Extended Gameplay trailer. The way she says Sebastian sounds exactly like her TEW 1 voice.

You can see the model in the art book. they modeled her in her underwear and added the clothes on top.

Psycho Break is a better name TO BE HONEST LADS

"What The Fuck" will never be the same.

Yeah, we know. Quit rubbing our noses in it.

now THAT'S actually really neat.
Way to go Tango, pullin off cool shit

Psychobreak is honestly a sicker name yeah. I think they chose "EVIL WITHIN" here because they wanted it to correlate with RE

I'm gonna miss Anton Whatshisfuck...
I HOPE they keep Jackie Earle Haley for Ruvik and Yuri Lowenthal for Joseph. They had nice voices

>Ruvik
If he's even in this.

Psycho Break sounds like it's thought up by someone who doesn't know english. "The Evil Within" is a much more sinister title.

Considering he's likely inside of Sebastian's head(Leslie was an illusion) at the end of TEW, being in STEM again would allow Ruvik to manifest. Laura too.

Laura's in this, so why wouldn't Ruvik?

Maybe Laura just captured Sebastian's heart like she does with everybody.

Or Ruvik was always dead. Everything was made up by Laura. Ruvik was just her avatar.

That would piss off his strangely and surprisingly big fanbase.

What if Ruvik helps Sebastian this time around because he's in Sebastian's head?

Then again, Ruvik might try to find another host now that he's back in the STEM...

Actually I'm pretty sure they did that to make an association with Resident Evil. Psychobreak isn't just the better title, it's more fitting.

The Evil Within is fitting, too. In Beacon and STEM, Ruvik was basically the evil within it.

How the fuck could there be a second game?

So will the artist guy and the picture creature be the Ruvik and Laura of TEW 2?

I wonder if he's going to that big of an antagonist.

I wonder how he got himself into the STEM in the first place.

he snuck in through the Mobius back door and put himself in a tub for shits and giggles

Well, of course it's fitting. They weren't going to call a horror game about going into a form of metal collective where you're link to the insane through the mind of a murderer which is where everything gathers Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Did anyone notice how the Administrator looks kinda like Sebastian? Relatives, maybe?

He looked kinda like G-Man from Half-Life to me lol

It sold a ton of units, like about 5 mil

Who do you think you are? I know who your are... SEB

He looks like Bruce Wayne

>SEB
What did he mean by this?

He can read minds an shit

ruvik is quiet and leslie is chico

what kind of gameplay refinements are you hoping for the sequel? I'm honestly hoping they do something about how trial and error-y the first game got in certain chapters.

i hope you can get ruvik as a partner and he could control hordes of haunted to fight larger or tougher enemies or to teleport to hard-to-reach areas

...but that'll probably never happen

The description for extended gameplay trailer confirmed there will be big, open explorable areas in addition to the tight corridor environments like in TEW. This is pretty much what I wanted and it looks like it will be a pretty big part of the game.

Also, more crafting. Let me craft nail bombs, beartraps, molotovs and so on in addition to Agony bolts.