2017 Dodge challenger or something else?

2017 Dodge challenger or something else?

Looking in the $29-33k range.
>Yes buying new is stupid
>I get it
>I'll do it anyway

Other urls found in this thread:

seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/d/2014-dodge-challenger-sxt/6327610504.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-9AUlY87TWs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you can afford it, just go up to $38k and get an R/T 392.

Trust me.

There really isn't anything else like the Challenger on the market at that pricepoint, and if you wanted performance, you wouldn't be barking up this tree.

if all you care about is speed and fun i'd say get a dart upgraded package
won't break that budget and has more power

Pig fat

Had a SRT 392 for a little over 2 1/2 years and loved it. The brembo brakes and suspension were top tier while the 6.4 L V8 was absolutely killer, just 15 hp shy of 500 ponies. I ended up selling it due to wanting something a little bit smaller for canyon runs since that's what I ended up doing a lot. Great car though if you want a bad ass daily driver that can still be fun in the twisties

In my opinion, definitely upgrade to the 6.4 engine IF you can. The 5.7 is a good motor but just not enough power for a car that weighs 4000 lbs. You can pick up used Scat Packs and SRT 392s for $35k or less

>dart

Oh no, are you LA bro?

Platform has been out for a while don't think buying this one new will be a problem. I think the rule of thumb is when the car has drastic changes done. You're buying new too, more than likely you'll have a warranty to fix anything that may come up. I wouldn't worry about it.

fpbp

Very nice. I've been looking at challengers and you're spot on about buying the srt. I think if I got the r/t within a few months I'd regret not getting the more powerful version.

$5k more to your $33k budget gets you a 6.4L. The next jump in power is $20k after that.

I'd say it's worth it.

If I could walk out with an 2016 R/T 392 otd for $38k at the end of the month in the middle of summer of 2016, you should have no problems getting a 2017 for about the same.

not op but I am 27 with zero tickets or accidents and wanted to buy a fast car but scared insurance is going to destroy me.

what's an SRT 6.4L costing in insurance premiums?

Also 27, $115 in Cali.

$115 a month for that kind of power? I'll have to call my agent on monday and see what he quotes me. I was expecting some insane prices.
>T. $40 a month for full coverage in my old 90s ranger.

>buying new
Kys.

Front clip should be more landwhale resistant.

You'll be alright. No one can tell you unless you ask your insurance company though.

>Yes buying new is stupid
Depends.
I could see buying a used scatpack, but I'd never buy a used Hellcat.

$120 a month for me but I drive pic related.

Yep that's me

rip in bits

what'd you end up buying?

That feel when trying to decide between an 18 Mustang GT or a 18 Scat Pack 392

How tall/big are you?

Might come down to which one you are more comfortable in.

If you're going to daily drive it, a quarter of a second 0-60 makes little difference.

i sat in the challenger. i couldn't stand how closed in i felt inside of it. the belt line is really high, the windows are tiny, the rear visibility is poor, and the hood is a mile long.

I'm 6'1" and have none of those problems.

>closed in
Wat.

The mustang and camaro I could understand, but the challenger is roomy.

i'm 6'3" and had similar feelings about the camaro and mustang. it's mainly a new car thing though. not easy to avoid it anymore.

Only 5'4". Camaro felt like a coffin so ruled that out.

Benefit to being 5'4" in a Challenger is that you can fit 4 people no problem.

at 6'1" I can fit 3 people without issue, but a 4th one is going to be tight and I'm going to be uncomfortable.

That's one of the things I did enjoy. Any known big issues?

The challengers and chargers seem be be the only thing Chrysler can do right. The srt models are solid as fuck. The srt team might be the only bright spot in FCA. I wish fiat would let the srt team work with Alfa Romeo.

SRT models in particular don't deal with MOPAR customer service, they deal with SRT directly.

I mean, Mopar isn't bad, but SRT knows their shit.

challengers depreciate like crazy

fake news

seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/d/2014-dodge-challenger-sxt/6327610504.html

my fiesta st is worth almost as much

>V6
>over 12k miles a year
>previous refresh

Are you retarded?

You could get a mustang gt for 33,000

OP wants a V6

>$29k to $33k
>clearly within V8 territory
>pic is of an R/T
>wants a V6

I repeat, are you retarded?

Buying new is not stupid for sports cars if you are going to hold it.

Sports cars tend to be driven like sports cars and there is no way to tell how brutal the previous owner was, not to mention whether or not proper engine break-in was conducted

And yet the autists on Veeky Forums still swear up and down you should never buy new.

desu a lot of Veeky Forums autists say you shouldn't buy knew but i think they all mean you shouldn't buy brand new econoboxes, rather you should buy used ones. sports cars are completely different, i agree.

Because they're retarded.

Look at this retard in his Fart Fuckus.

the challenger look is fucking badass.
cruising around in that car would make me feel like a fucking dick slinging boss.

my impression is this is a highway/comfort cruiser that can burn some rubber on the side. the interior refresh looks fucking great.

seems like a car for people who have business to handle out side of the car.

someone tell me what ownership is like.

>buying a 5.slow
>ever

sperg more and stay BTFO GM cuckold

It puts a big grin in your face every time you turn it on and blowing out the eardrums of econoboxes using the left lane as a cruising lane is the best feeling in the world.

I might do a mid muffler delete or put racing bullets on mine.

youtube.com/watch?v=-9AUlY87TWs