Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/ncq72
104.200.138.151:8080/
youtu.be/touekn6QBls
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

webm section

Ask me to post my art

please post your art

Any reasons to get Ableton Standard over Intro? Not sure I want to get it at all though, buying software (other than games) makes me feel ill

progress

C, C++, Rust, or Python?

C++, C is too old, the others are literal meme languages

for what purpose?
for games the answer is probably c++

>C is too old
wasn't aware a language could be too old to use, only fall out of use

enginedev

Go home, boku, you're drunk.

You're time is over, grandpa.

I know I spent too long on the logo screen. it didn't really hit me how long it is until after I uploaded it

we are carefully considering the speed - I think watching it in small chunks like that makes it seem a lot easier than it really is. Heck, I still have trouble beating some of the later levels myself sometimes. We might add a speed slider at some point.

thank you both for the feedback

Sorry, not interested

its not literal age, it's the featureset
whats the quip about any c program eventually including a half-baked implementation of c++

but I use C#

Honestly, this game sort of reminds me of a deeper version of Rolling Sky, that movile game that made it really big. I'm sure the market is incredibly oversaturated at this point, but if you remade this with vaporwave lowpoly aesthetic, tilt controls to move, and tapping to change color you could do a mobile port

Actually fuck I can't believe I just said that, carry on with your nice game

streamable.com/ncq72

Doesn't it look good? Im working on adding all these nice shaders and PBR too all my textures.

Looks videogamey

I personally don't think it does. It's missing some sort of oomph that I don't know how to describe.

>Rust
>Python
garbage collection
disqualified
use c+++

Just got back from the escape studio game jam, anyone here have any game jam experience. I got a few funny stories out of my trip if anyone's interested.

Maybe, what engine do you use?

Don't ask me to post my art I'm not posting it

that's certainly an idea :)

we just want to finish the game as is to get ourselves out there and start working on some of our more ambitious ideas.

also my co-dev made the soundtrack and I'm really eager to finally get to share it with people because it's pretty good

Yeah I liked the soundtrack

and my idea was garbage, please continue yesdevving

>tfw found a perl script in an obscure project with a readme only in nip that can convert this retarded bdf font from JIS to unicode without destroying it like fontforge

Want to make and release game on a public market in 2-3 months. Want to remain nameless to the general public, even if successful.

Mobile or PC game?

>stories
I'd love to hear em, share away

>tfw learning to animate by looking at how other games do it and stealing

thanks for the frames

Same guy here's a little story from this last weekend.
>Jam is good and full of cool professional decent people
>One weird as fuck wonky eyed greasy haired sperg with fucked up teeth seems to have found his way in.
>His team are pretty green, they do a unity be thing, like a bunch of mini games each one is going to make.
>About 4 hours from the end one of his team mates comes up to me and thus other guy and asks if we know much about converting java to unity.
>We're like, what the fuck are you talking about, you can automatically convert java to c# unity.
>Turns out the sperg spent the whole weekend writing java and promising to convert it to unity in the last few hours, when the time came he flipped out and disappeared.
>None of his team ever saw a working demo even written in Java, he just kept saying he needed another 30 mins for the whole 36 hours.

>Want to remain nameless to the general public, even if successful.
Make an LLC. You'll pay extra for a company account for your thing. Up to you whether it's worth it.

>Mobile or PC game?
Mobile. The review process is shorter for app stores than for Steam.

good thing I'm making a video game

what makes a comfy saveroom?

Single-threaded autosaving that causes jitter.

>I smoke so I was popping out every few hours. Sperg also smoked so I got talking to him. Tried to be nice. He mentions that he smokes weed, I say yeah me too. I was gonna have a j at some point in the night to cope with the lack of sleep.
>He says maybe we could smoke a joint together, I say maybe but hinting that it's not fucking likely.
>About 2am I go for a shit. I'm on the lookout and someone comes in the door and seems to be taking a really long time to finish up and leave.
>I start hearing this heavy breathing outside the door so I figure it's the sperg. I reckon he thinks I'm rolling a joint and want to get in on the action.
>Minutes pass, he's still there.
>He starts knocking on the door going, is anybody in there. I just keep my mouth shut cos I shouldn't have to talk to people while I'm on the can in a public bathroom.
>He grabs the door with both hands and starts shaking it violently.

entrails all over the walls with all their pretty colors :o)

>I say firmly "hello, can I help you"
>He says, "what are you doing in there?
>I say taking a shit, fuck off
>He does.
Didn't talk to him again till his meltdown in the final hours. Was a fun weekend though. I made a game about werewolves.

Made a mid-boss for the first palace. Need to add some extra platforms and make the it fly around more

Just been working on some prettier CSS for my MUD tonight. Happy I got this looking decent without any js.

I'm not sure if the person who made this is still around, but I wanted to say thank you and I will cherish this.

don't forget to add cheat names

what kind of adventure user?

What's the best scripting language for games? Lua? Lisp? Squirrel? Scheme?

104.200.138.151:8080/

WASD to move, mouse to shoot.

I added stuff and made it a bit smoother. Next step will be to add enemies.

Sylphs are passive Witches by the way

I like lua because I played roblox studio back in 08 and because love uses it.

gml cuz ez

I write my games in C.

Weird/dark fantasy online roleplaying text adventure. Influence from Daggerfall, Achaea, Lamentations of the Flame Princess

i wonder if anyone could pull off hussie's scam, but with a game

You mean Protestations of the Windy Wench?

How do I make random numbers more uniform?

make them follow a Gaussian distribution instead of a purely random one?

Read a probability 101 tutorial please.

>random
>uniform
opposites

do you want to change the distribution of numbers (how often each number comes up over the entire time period), or change the distribution over time (how often doubles happen, etc)?

Jump in?

If you already broke your bridges, then the only thing left to do is jump headfirst into the chasm.

google "xcom randomness", and you'll get several breakdowns of how they mitigate raw randomness

godot

>>random
>>uniform
>opposites

>raw randomness

Enemies HATE him. See this one shocking trick to obliterate all your foes!

i know what "uniform randomness" means but i presume that didn't.

what's wrong with raw randomness as a term?

That's a neato weapon.

Is your propellant limited, or are you just able to run your rocket infinitely?

>what's wrong with raw randomness as a term?
It's meaningless.

There already exists a rich jargon for talking about probability which isn't hard to learn but people make up terms driving at ideas they don't understand leading to the confusion of everybody concerned.

It really rustles my jimbos

what term would you use for the unadulterated output of random()?

Though it depends on which language, it's usually a
> pseudorandom uniform distribution

you are able to fly infinitely

>unadulterated output of random()
A random slut.

You're a pretty cool guy.

wasn't your game on the NLSS?

that's some very professional looking animation.

is it mo capped?

No, that's what it's sampling. What is the output?

glGetUniformLocation()

Not that guy but if you're going to be able to fly infinitely you should be scored or something on how much fuel you use.

AngelScript if your a C++ bigot or making an Amnesia mod.

Neko if you like lua but want to look like a fucking autist weeb.

Not him, buy yeah it was, here's the video youtu.be/touekn6QBls

I wonder if NL will be doing a series of Monolith, or at least one of his look at videos.

an int

wrong

They talked about it on the Roundtable (a podcast he's on) and he basically said he doesn't really think the game is that interesting.

New mission: Prove him wrong. See: Above webm and some other incoming stuff.

Now you can swing around on bars and launch off. I've had this idea in the back of my head for months and I never got around to it because I thought it'd be hard for some reason.

It took me about 40 minutes to write the code, edit a sprite, and shift some vertices on an old mesh to make a new one.

this is like failing first year stats all over again

smoother camera

I need to work on actually adding things now

So do some research and try answering again. Don't you want to improve?

I agree that it should be tracked if not limited. I would probably limit both propellant and burn time.

Ah, that's unfortunate. I think more content will help. Maybe weapon unlocks should be faster? I don't really know how the weapon unlocks work, all I've gotten is the sword so far after 5 hours of play, but also I suck at shoot em ups.

What if you make it possible to find weapon modifiers to upgrade your gun? That could give more value to a gun, adding some more strategy. Of course the modifiers should be rare and expensive.

Is component-oriented programming a good paradigm?

Looking good, make sure you have an option to turn down or off the screen shake.

Every paradigm is a good paradigm if it's used in the correct situation. The biggest mistake a dev can make is trying to use exclusively one paradigm, even in a situation where another paradigm is clearly superior.

It's fine. It'd be more helpful if you spcified what kind of project you're making with it

Reusable code is always good, but you shouldn't have any problems using OOP with a little FOP unless you're an enginedev.

Yeah "more content" was sort of a core complaint so we're working on ramping that way up.

someone make a fighting game

With superior limb based combat?