Best Used Trucks

Hey, Veeky Forums. /k/ommando here.

I'm looking to buy a used truck, but I really don't know a lot about vehicles.

I'm looking for a 4x4 half-ton, and I want something that'll be mechanically sound and reliable.

What makes/models/years does Veeky Forums recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

bigboyrides.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Price range?

I assume burgerbucks

What do you drive now? What do you need to tow or haul?

I'll spend up to 25k
I don't need to haul anything really. I just want something that can go off road on my deer lease.

Can't go wrong with any of the modern big 3.
I'd go with a 5.0 F150 personally, but it'd be a close toss up with the egoboost. Nothing wrong with a 5.3 GM either, I have no experience with the Mopars so can't comment on them.

meh if it were me and all ic ared about off roading id be going with some sort of toyota suv
if it had to be a pick up itd be a full sized pic up itd be tundra
if it had to be american for some reason probably chebby. that said, not a huge difference between gm/chebby these days. mopar is still garbage like its always been though

Just get a 4x4 Ranger for 7-15k

5.3 is a bit of a pig desu. Only benefit is that it's cheap.

6.0 is the better choice.

This.

Narrow and high off the ground.

You can get a very nice FX4 Level II with the 4.0L for that price.

I don't like full size Ford's. My work buys them and they seem gutless and they fall apart easily. But I've owned two rangers and would definitely buy another for a DD. If you wanted something newer you could go big three or even yota. The big three are all coming out with specialized vehicles, like the Dodge power wagon or Chevy rally Silverado. Personally I'd go
Dodge
Chevy
Toyota
Ford

got mine for very cheap. Its old as shit but 120k miles.

>Can't go wrong with any of the modern big 3.

OP said he wants reliability you stupid fuck.

Dodge Dakota.

don't be mean

Honda ridgeline

lol thistbhfam

Honda ridgeline

>I just want something that can go off road on my deer lease.

Nigga you can get one cheaper than that

>Dodge

Top kek

bigboyrides.com/

Why do diesel stealerships think they have gold in their hands. It pains me to even be browsing a site called "bigboyrides.com" but his shit is in good condition but come on... not that Id want to... but I could buy a 2015 or 16 4th gen for 30kish~ so why the fuck would I buy something 20 years older for upwards to 20k are those prices legit? Are those the prices you guys see diesels going for where you guys live? I'm at a loss. want a diesel with extra cab for hauling dirtbike and dependability/empeegees but theyre so fucking expensive. Do I go first gen 12v? Second gen 24v? I'd like the extra space as I'm tired of my cramped second gen dakota. Id also like a weekend toy like an fc rx7 or 240sx. Or a new dirtbike... maybe I should get a van? Single cab long bed? Double cab short box? But those look weird and I can't fit dirtbike in and still close tailgate..... I... JUST... DONT...... KNOOWWW!!!