Why did many Japanese cars appeared in the first movie of the fast and furious?

It was an American movie so they should have been full of American muscles

Other urls found in this thread:

decibelcar.com/menugeneric/106.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

decibelcar.com/menugeneric/106.html

>the tuning of japanese cars in america was on the rise/the whole street racing thing with japanese car specifically
>FnF was based on that

what are you a fucking idiot or something?

or just underage

>or just underage
Good job, somebody get this kid a gold sticker.

The sport compact scene was the in thing at the time and it's also visually a lot more interesting than the same handful of muscle cars painted in different colours.

Muscle cars are what your dad drives, so it wouldn't have made sense to use them in a movie aimed towards the 18-25 market.

Jap cars were new and easily obtainable while classic muscle cars are classics and not many would be willing to spend money on old versus customizing something new. Just look at Veeky Forums. Everyone wants to know what upgrade to get on their shitbox without turning a real wrench. Money was made on that movie outside of the theater.

And it was a kick ass movie

It's not like they didn't have new Camaros, mustangs, Firebirds, or corvettes back then

Street race to die hard

RICED
I
C
E
D

Most high school kids weren't buying these cars. They couldn't afford them and most parents weren't going to buy them for their kids. But a Honda Civic a safe reliable and affordable car that gets excellent mpg was easily reachable. After FnF every Civic went out and bought a intake, exhaust, and rims for street cred

because despite what musclecar fags say, jap shit is cheap.

And slow.

Almost had you

friendly reminder that Brians signature car was the Skyline, not the Supra.

Then they would have had to call it "the slow and the stupid"

You people do realize Japanese cars have been in the states since like the 70s right? Real tuning started in the early to mid 90s so your still late

A damn shame it didn't last beyond the first fucking race. That was the biggest crime of that movie.

Fuck that Evo...

Also which of the Skylines do you guys prefer? Although I like one from 2, something about 4's simplicity is also attractive.

Anyone remember which one of the cars was or might still be on display at universal studios Hollywood? I haven't been there since I was a little kid but I swear I remember seeing a car from the movie on display there

>And it was a kick ass movie
It was also a mistake, and the beginning of the slow death of car culture.

Morons in their Civics with JAY DEE EMM TYTE bits would Porl Walger themselves trying to street race because they saw it in movies and FnF tax became a thing. Even your regular R34 turbo coupes cost an arm and leg because the BNR34 made a brief appearance at the start of 2 Fast 2 Furious, and the A80 Supra is taxed to hell and back and relegated to blowing up dynos with top end power it'll never put to use anywhere else with nothing down low.

Can we please take the time to appreciate the fact that the first movie even paid homage to infamous stories that nobody (fucking nobody) knows about? For instance, when the Mk IV Supra was allegedly being tested, a Testarossa driver mocked the Supra once he was told it was a Toyota. FnF pays homage to this, clearly.

They retconned it as the Supra because Paul Walker's favorite car (or he just preferred the Supra over the R34) was the Mk IV.

Stop being a poorfag then and stop complaining wagie

the first one has British and German cars

If you're a fan of simplicity you'll love the R32 GTS-t. More rounded than the boxy R31s and less bloated than the R33/4. It's a pity you'll do to them what you did to your run of S-chassis cars now that they're import-legal in the States.

>car culture is shit
>therefore reeeee wagies I know what I got

car shopping
looking over Subaru
Paul walker tribute sticker
laugh for a moment
feels sad mang

What it really killed was street racing. Q flood of dumbasses destroyed what had been a thing for "true" carfags for decades.

American cars are only sold in america.
They wanted the film to have world wide appeal.