Car choice

What should I buy?

WRX
Lancer EVO
Toyota 86
Focus RS
Golf R
Miata

Leaning towards Golf R, I think it looks the best and is a very fair price for what you get. Has anyone had any of these and can tell me about them?

>Miata is too slow
>Evo is unreliable
>Golf is too small
>86/FRS/BRZ is too slow

your only real option here is wrx vs focus

the insurance is less on the wrx because it has 4 doors. if you want a cheap, fast, reliable option, WRX. If you want cheap, reliable, Miata.

Really depends on how deep your pockets are, if you care about speed, and what guy you wanna be at the car meets.

None. Get something with a v8 and without meme wheel drive.

Is the only issue with the Golf the size? I am a single guy no family, so size isn't that much of an issue for me. I drive a small car now, and a van for work. Doesn't bother me. The WRX might be worse on resale value correct? Because a lot of people will know that I'll drive it hard.

>going to meets
Don't be silly on purpose, OP clearly has criteria and these are his options.

I do like Challengers, but the gas would be way to expensive. I live 1400km from home and drive back there about twice per year. I don't want those road trips to cost that much.

If that's your only reason for excluding some cars I retract my earlier post. It's not that much of a difference.

Is the EVO really that unreliable? Mitsubishi has the best manufacturers warranty by far compared to the others. My current car is a Mitsubishi Mirage, which has been fantastic for me. No issues, amazing on gas, manual transmission, but slow AF. The dealer always gives me a hard time when I buy oil filters and oil though, and the parts manager at my dealership is a cock sucker. He actually argued with me over how much oil my car needed for an oil change as I was standing there with the owner's manual in my hand with my finger on the page lol.

WRX is best in resale and it's a great car. Rock and roll.

>WRX
Goes fast. Rallycar DD. Fantastic utility and fun for the dollar.

>Miata
Patrician modern roadster experience.

>86
Not a miata, not fast, not a WRX. But you get rear seats and a roof and stupid-good handling that makes you wish it had more power.

Yeah 86 is out. I just looked more into their power, and yeah why not just go with a Miata at that point. Seems like there isn't much love for the Focus RS on Veeky Forums?

i didn’t say mitsubishi was unreliable. i said the EVO was unreliable.

there’s a guy on youtube who had his WRX totaled in the hurricane and got like ~8k for it. maybe it was his insurance plan, but i’m not the guy to ask. i just know 4 doors > not 4 doors in terms of how much they’re gonna charge.

as far as i know that’s the only issue with the golf, and it’s a meme for large guys to drive cause it’s like a go-kart to them. it can be boosted, but according to a youtuber i watch (who boosted it anyway) the engine-bay is pretty compact and difficult to work around, and since it’s so small things are in places that are hard to access. again, i don’t know what your intentions are with the car user.

Indeed, I would be happier in a Miata if I didn't actually use the rear seats and the roof, and if I put in the bit of extra effort to find a Miata that is in good working order. Currently in the process of trying to decide if I want dump money into FI, or at least getting rid of the torque dip, or if I'd rather trade it for something more sooner than I normally would.

Never been in a Focus, but it comes up now and again. All I can say is that I saw them all over the place when they first came out, but they wandered off pretty quick. Whereas I still see Miatas and WRXs, and even the odd Golf around.

Last time I was chatting at the stealership, I was informed that the WRX is the most expensive car in its class to insure. Salesman was surprised when I got off the phone with my insurance company and mentioned the toyobaru cost about the same the old 4-door econobox I was looking to get out of.

lol why the fuck are you comparing these to the Miata and GT86, they're not even remotely in the same class

Also get the Focus RS that inline-5 is mad niggerish.

MX-5
Is
Always
The
Answer

That's idiotic. A v8 Mustang or challenger will get at least 25 mpg highway

Hence why the 86 and Miata are on the right side of the image. I am comparing them because these 6 are the cars that I like and am interested in driving. 2 doors look more fun, but I don't know if I can give up having the 4 door just for that fun.

Most of the work other than the real easy stuff would be done at the dealer. I'll have to look into the hourly rate of my local dealers before deciding. I guess that is the downside with German vehicles. I'd like to have the experience of driving a German vehicle. My only experience is with 2000 Chevy (awful) and new Mitsubishi. Might be fun to get into a german > asian.

Be aware that the back seats in the 86 are exactly like what all the youtube reviews say. If you have manlets all around or small children in the back you can stuff everybody in in a pinch. Otherwise, it's one adult sideways in the back in a pinch.

If you need 4 doors and back seats for real, this might not be the practical choice. You'd want to go and try actually fit in to one to see how it is. The front seats will indeed accommodate everybody short of a giant.

news to me. but expected i guess because of what’s under the hood and what it’s advertised as

Well you have here a car that was one of the first to re-invigorate the idea of putting a whole lot of performance into the hands of boyracers, and they're really relatively easy to drive harder than might be entirely safe. So no big surprise the insurance companies noticed the trend in tickets and wrecks.

Erm, I think I misread that. was in reference to the WRX.

In the case of the toyobaru, I'm a little older and have a clean record, so I'm guessing that classes me out of the boyracer tax considering that toyobarus don't attract quite the same kind of speed and trophy addict.

OP if it helps any:

I've spent quite some time in the passenger seat of a 2016 sti with a decently skilled driver.

The handling and versitlity are absolutely bonkers.

Packs a nice punch. Fucking sugoi.

Handles snow and ice great.

And back seats are spacious enough for sex.
[Your large manly wing will attract females like moths to the flame]

????

PROFIT

>And back seats are spacious enough for sex.
Let's not exaggerate too much.

If I could do it so could you desu

Hey OP, throw in a Chevy SS and you basically have the same list as me. Assuming this is gonna be your daily, here are my thoughts.

>WRX
Will hold it's value but is extremely common ad fuck(at least in MN where I live) and has a somewhat outdated interior.

>Lancer
I would stay away given the state of Mitsubishi

>86
Seems fun but has the least amount of power. Might as well get a WRX at that price point.

>Focus RS
The best performance on this list. Will probably hold its value really well given this is the last year of its production. However people seem to be dropping these due to their brutal ride.

>Golf R
IMO the best all around pick for a DD. Gets huge gains off of a tune, has the comfiest ride and the best interior. Also best MPG I believe.

>Miata
The most fun but impractical as a DD

he is right about how comfy the golf is for a DD

Focus RS is the sexiest of those choices