What does Veeky Forums think of the 2018 Kia Stinger GT? RWD Twin Turbo V6

the dumb automagic with wheel-mounted paddles that upshifts for you is the biggest letdown besides the fact that it's a KIA

They should remove that ugly KIA logo in the front

pigfat

op here, there's something about Kia/Hyundai that fucking repulses me personally
for me it says a lot about a person if they own/purchase a kia/hyuuuyndi

It's great BECAUSE it is Kia.

It is unusual for a boring brand doing a bold step like suddenly releasing a RWD "sporty" car.

friendly reminder the base price is $40k

it makes me want to puke 2bh

>tuned on the burgerking
>can't even beat an FWD Ford Focus ST

>$40k
No?

for the 4cyl

Ah, yeah you're right then.

>boring brand doing a bold step like suddenly releasing a RWD "sporty" car.
BUt Cadillac also did that, and This car is hardly sporty. it manage to lap slower than a Focus.

>BUt Cadillac also did that
And they don't sell well.
Hence it is even more impressive that Kia has the balls to do this.

Who the fuck cares, weve had an awd version called the taurus SHO for years already

The KDM ones have this logo.

>paying $32k for a kia without a real transmission or the TT V6
no

A rip off Nissan Z logo?

It's great. Korean cars continue to get better and the stigma against them continues to slowly go away.

I still wouldn't buy one, but I can't say they aren't doing the right moves to build their brand image and offer a competitive product. They're getting some big names to do work on their performance cars, they're not complete train wrecks to look at. I don't really care about them copying other manufacturers for their designs because they all do it now. Cars are extremely boring when it comes to design nowadays and they all look the same.

At the end of the day it's a damn good thing that there's some competition and interest from the Korean manufacturers to start making some performance cars. Because if they do a good enough job that'll get the Japs to wake up and fix their shitty lineups.

Pretty much. I didn't say I liked it or it was good.

>but I can't say they aren't doing the right moves to build their brand image and offer a competitive product
their auto-only 40k "sports sedan" is slower than a Focus ST, doesn't sound very competitive to me

>buying a Killed in action

fucking why? The car will probably blow up the second you leave the dealership.

I wish it was offered in a manual as much as anyone else but as a first effort for a sports sedan I don't think they've done a bad job at all. Especially when you consider the state of the industry as a whole.

At the end of the day they're taking a gamble by making a car that will ultimately be a niche product in their lineup. This will be their push to get rid of the Korean car stigma. Hopefully this will be the start of Kia putting a more serious effort into the performance segment and hopefully we'll get something a complete package sports car at some point. Because you're right, there is a clear compromise with the Stinger being auto-only. If they want to capture the enthusiasts hearts they'll have to offer manual at some point.

Hyundai has the i30 N offered in a manual and impressions seem pretty positive for that so far.

Like I said, I still wouldn't buy either of these cars now but I can't say that I'm not excited for what we could be getting in the future and what other manufactures may do in response.

>What does Veeky Forums think of the 2018 Kia Stinger GT? RWD Twin Turbo V6
Going to be absurdly high maintenance, more than what the average buyer is expecting. It looks alright, like a cut-price Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio, and it'll probably be a pretty alright car when it runs. But the used market is going to be full of these in a few years.

It isn't the first time the gooks have ripped something off.

It's fucking pigfat weighing 4000lbs and only mediocre power so it performs mediocre, kia kinda half assed it and uses that k900 platform from hyundai

It's been compared to Australia's Holden Commodore; a large family sedan with enough grunt to move it about when fully loaded. Though it isn't going to be as powerful as the now-discontinued SS (see also; Chevy SS) that the gooks want to replace.

>mediocre power
The horsepower and torque figures don't look half-bad either. 272kW and 510Nm between 1.3k and 4.5k rpm is hardly mediocre. It's no M5, but it's also nowhere near as expensive as one. What exactly are you comparing it to?

The SHO is a complete disappointment.

>ripped something off.

The Japanese did the same decades ago but their KAIZEN virtues make them constantly improve things. They copy and improve the copy so it becomes something way better than the original.
The Koreans just seem to copy and make them well and that's it.

When's this "improvement" thing kick in? I've yet to see it.

>KAIZEN
lel that reminds me of the time I accidentally broke through the security at one of Google's fresh new R&D offices and saw how utterly disgusting the bathrooms not for visitors were.

I kind of hope its well received. We need new blood in a very stale sports car market.

>in the ploughcar market

it actually looks quite good, angry looking unlike other Kias, reminds me of the Mitsubishi Galant

oh look, another hyundai is cool thread sponsored by the internet marketing department of hyundai/kia/genesis. Remember kids, hyundai is cool and everybody wants one, so you do too!

Koreans missed everything from 1900 to 2000 where automotive legends were made.

There are zero classic korean cars, only forgettable shitboxes. They make be reliable and have a good warranty but they still drop like flies in value because they command zero respect and heritage.

did you try reading you stupid faggot?

>Ford wheels
>Jaguar gills and vents
>A7 rear quarters
>Prius bumper vents
>Challenger rear lights
Gee, koreans sure are unique and creative!

look at this autist having a meltdown

Kia should change their brand name
The Kia name puts me off even though I've never had or known anyone to have a bad experience with one

>retards will actually defend these shitty korean companies copying everything from everyone

>cucks will actually drive 1.2 diesel fwd 4 door fiat shitboxes

KIA: killed in accident

and he is this nice to people trying to be nice to him.

>imagine stepping so low you actually are defending a korean "car" company

Fuark my first car was a 2nd gen kia rio. The memories

>imagine stepping so low you actually drive a 1.2 diesel fwd 4 door autotragic fiat shitbox

I don't think it'll be anything spectacular. It'll be solid, but undersell because of badgefaggotry.
The only thing that would really bring people in droves would be if the price for the v6 was low enough.

Ugly as hell.

It kicked in 30 years ago, Kim Byeong-sil

that's why you don't like it, it invokes no feelings whether good or bad

Took a look at it at the OC auto show today. It's a big car. A lot bigger than I thought it would be

>KAIZEN virtues

Is that like the "German engineering" meme.

Also
>conveniently ignoring the period when they copied and they sucked (1900's-1970)

>milliennals folks

Waiting for them to fix the chinks and better options with the later models. Hopefully they add stick later.

Is there a MPG of the car yet? for the 3.3 model

Wasn't just until 1970, the Hitachi carb on 240Zs is such a blatant copy of a British SU carb that their parts are interchangeable. That and the 1st gen Celica is obviously based off the Mustang.

Are those civic headlights?

How big is it?
I heard the Genesis sister model was supposed to be smaller and lighter.

THIS

I really wanted to like it, really really wanted to like it but. Holy fuck is it heavy, it just does not do good around turns as evidenced by being slower than a fucking ford ficus.

It weighs 4,000 pounds plus. It's not a sports car. It's not an M5 rival, It's a Korean Dodge Charger that's pretending to be a sports sedan. Maybe with the AWD it'll be OK but at that price it's like, why?

If they took the Optima and rotated the engine 90 degrees they could have been onto something but I doubt this thing will sell to anyone except hipsters who don't ride fix gear bicycles.

>255 HP, 260 ft/lb torque
>Twin-turbo
Lol, i'd rather buy a Giulia. The stinger doesn't even have a dual clutch.

Thats the base model pleb.

How did it look in person?

UUUU

It is unfortunate the cadillac v's dont sell well. Removing the people who are badge whoring or plainly looking for a nice luxury car like Lexus ls or s classes etc the v's are just to mundane. The ones who want one cant afford them the ones who can prefer the usual porsche or corvette because they want a flashy cool look how much money i have at a glance type of car. Those cars have been around a while and are recognizable for that.

For me kia and also Hyundai whenever i see one I cant help but think discount, dont know why. they have some decent luxuries ok looking cars but those badges and names idk. They should change their names.

What kind of tyres does it wear? Usually these kind of cars are on tyres for comfy driving so the grip sucks.
Also since its a v6 turbo, maybe it can push 400+ hp with a chip tune and some boost increase.

Not sure. It goes on 18 and 19 tires size.

>korean rip off
are you honestly surprised though?

Nissian are crappy cars anyways.