/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Spin off edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
-Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
-Extended footage: mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31388446

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
twitter.com/SocksyBear/status/874633546127872000
twitter.com/SocksyBear/status/874622385474981888
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't mind me!
Just a cute felyne minding her own business!

Nintendo got Double Crossed.

Monkey Paw general

>Dauntless fanbase right now

So Nintendo Hunters and Multiplat hunters can all agree that Dauntless is still fucking dumb as hell right?

Consolewars are dumb

They had a pretty good run though

/v/ literally believes that anyone claiming world will have barely any monsters is a shitposter.

They really believe that world is going to have 100 large monsters and nothing is going to be removed.

Advanced Wars is dead because IS can't figure out how to shove waifushit in it like Fire Emblem

How will stevefags ever recover?

Reminder the pastebin has all the recent information, with sources

pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1

It never had a chance, its P2W

Capcom is in charge now, MH is dead

ITT we fix MH World
>Grapple Arts
>Tie Grapple to Hammer or GS
>swing around your sword in a circle
>tie grapple to monster and watch weapon launch into the monster like just cause 2/3
>swing from roof with weapon then let go and drop like a guillotine to cut tails

I thought it was because no one bought that shit.

I hope they reintroduce/rework some 3rd gen monsters
>HD Pickle
>HD Lagiacrus
>HD Brachy

>HD Ceadeus make it happen Capcom

Your brand loyalty autism doesn't work both ways, making video games is a business.

>2 good games then unending shit
could have been better

yes. because there are no waifus

I would feel really sorry for the devs if they weren't' such greedy bastards with all their monitization.

I basically assume anyone who cares about consolewar shit is either an actual child or totally retarded and not worth responding to

No underwater combat

Is MH4 a good starting point for the series?

It will likely be trimmed down to 30 some then trickle out in dlc packs.

>arts
fuck off
just remove it entirely and never bring up arts

You can't trust capcom to not fuck up their most precious IPs.
MH is not safe.

Expect a run back when MHW fails to make investors happy.

It was from a recent interview.

>"Personally, I'd love to do Advance Wars, but since it's harder to create relationships between its characters compared to Fire Emblem, I don't have a clear idea of what kind of setting it could have," Yamagami told Eurogamer.

>We have nothing to announce for the Switch currently

What would be the straw that broke the camel's back for you with World?

For me it's going to be seeing the general length of hunts.
If I can't grind this games Zinogres or whatever in 5 min quick hunts where I just find the fucker, rush him hard and pound his face in 50 times, I just don't think the game will be able to hold me long.

what the hell even is dauntless

Fuck no, it will be 20 max with day one DLC from season passes.

We will get less than 20 and brought up to 30 with dlc and half of that dlc being recolors.

Sure, that or 3U

>Dauntless devs right now

And thank god for that. When I saw swimming I thought my heart was going to stop until the tweet confirmed no combat there.

MH4 isn't, but 4U is.

The one thing is that t might be hard to go back to earlier titles.

Why is nobody asking the real fucking questions?

Which will have the largest playerbase?

Dauntless more like Pointless

>Fight Ceadeus on a bunch of rafts
>can use cannons underwater to get him to float to land
>give him legs, make him fly

It's that simple

Paid DLC.
Paid Online.
Possible microtransactions

How horrifying.

I think it's time to delete the 4U save and start that over again

get away from the world bullshit and the hunting art bullshit

Ceadeus scares me, I don't want that fuck in HD.

>yfw MH World on PC is Origin exclusive only

Hunting Crates

>rajang hunter 4u

Why are stage transitions being treated as something better than loading screens that take less than a second? I cant wait to spend 10 seconds riding that pterodactyl every time I want to go to a specific area.

>that one guy saying that dauntless has a chance since mhw won't be released until 2018
Hahahahaha

And people like to scream that others are delusional here

So does anyone wanna do a turns room for XX or are we just a full on shitpost general now

I've never played Fire Emblem but I know the new ones have like romance or family systems or something right?

Advance Wars characters do have relationships but there really isn't much romance there imo its mostly trainee/mentor or rival/rival stuff but is that really the reason wtf

>tfw hyped for World
>play all kinds of shitty MH knockoffs so nothing it does would disappoint me

Get fucked Genbabbies. Styles can eat shit.

what's XX

Make one and I'll join you.

Honestly the worst thing everyone is overlooking is that world is 30fps.
All this additional power that would supposedly save the series and it's still fucking 30fps. Probably going to have great frame drops when there's lots of action to cause lol consoles.

>ur favrit gam

>anime smile lady :)

>People supporting a brand new IP from Literally Whos over one of the few things Capcom has consistently done at least decently for years.
This is why people need to stop trying to appeal to Burgers: they're fucking idiots that will blindly follow whatever looks the edgiest and coolest.

>that one guy that said "I'm going to play both" with 1 upvote.
Gave me a chuckle.

nigga underwater was never hard, and I don't even have the shitty second stick in my 3ds
>can't solo rajang

That's totally possible as well.

You are officially the strangest person I have seen in this general.
What the fuck.

>there will never, EVER be a good MonHun clone

I don't trust Capcom as far as I can throw them. Even if MHW turns out to be the best MH yet, Capcom will still find a way to fuck up the series eventually. Their sole reason for existence is to shit all over their customers.

>Beach/Oceanside map
>Huge swimming exploration area near ocean
>Go down to gather rare sea gems
>Pic related in the distance

F2P western monhun clone

God Eater has a decent enough following and could very easily succeed. It just needs a market opening.

It's not about difficulty, I just think the tacked on shit is always a detriment to games. Underwater sections, forced stealth, vehicle sections etc. I've never been doing those and thought anything other than "wow I'd rather just be playing the standard shit I signed on for right now".

Capcom will have some insane sales projection.

And when it doesn't reach those numbers they will kill the entire series instead of rolling things back. Just like what they did with dmc.

can't wait for MH World

You're a giant faggot too. Lets get more info before going full retard.

Nah, there's no actual swimming/underwater stuff.

The bit in the videos is just a zone transition. Most likely the grappled remoba flying the player up to a high place is also a zone transition.

I really hope they're short. I don't want to watch that shit 1000 times.

user I don't think MHW will be F2P

>HD Khezu

I don't know what to think about capcom, they still consistently make games that I really enjoy and their combat is the best in the industry but they just make so many stupid choices.

What the fuck is this casualized bullshit
#NotMyMH

I would shit on westernization but that turned out to be true

PS4 > PC > XBONE

PC will have long legs tho since no paying for MP

PS4 by far, followed by Xbone just because no one has any games on Xbone

But I suspect PC will last the longest, unless hacking is a thing

I'd recommend this order
FU -> 3U -> P3rd -> 4U

I'll start joining XX rooms again when I find a way to make XX fun to play. So far that's not working out too well. I can't make it through one rotation in a turns room without getting bored and leaving.

PASTEBIN UPDATE

No Cross Play
twitter.com/SocksyBear/status/874633546127872000

The "Hunt, Carve, Forge" loop is still present
twitter.com/SocksyBear/status/874622385474981888

pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1

sorry folks was out for a bit.

They're fucking terrible about localization if it's not some AAA shitfest. It's so irritating. Please just let me play your Ace Attorney games. Probably the worst Japanese dev/publisher now that Konami is out.

>Everyone comes to agree that any shit player is either playing PS4 or Xbone

Your pic made me think of something more important.
Will this change affect what crossover armor/equipment we get?

I mean, obviously we're not getting the Nintendo stuff anymore, but does that mean we'll instead be getting like some God of War stuff or something?

>world is successful in the west and fails in japan
>capcom continues to move the game towards the west

Monster Hunter: West.

Every weapon is now a gun

brave longsword

J-J-JAPAN WON'T BUY MONSTER HUNTER IF IT'S NOT PORTABLE!

except the part when the dromes and khezu came back in 4 they were twitchy, poorly animated, boring fucking garbage compared to their tri alternatives
quality over quantity
and if I wanted to meme I'd say that you can double up the monster count for land and water movesets as they're appreciably different and almost nothing has that kind of environmental difference

Its been true so far, hell with console sales this gen being so terrible its going to be a mess at the Capcom Japan offices.

Decision wise yes, but they still make games I enjoy playing. I'd probably be playing DDO right now if I could without jumping through a bunch of hoops.

I liked that video. Doesn't mean anything.

Youube likes are on the same level as Amazon ratings when it comes to mattering at all, as in it doesn't.

>Try to seize niche in western market for game's like monhun
>High quality multiplat of monhun is announced

I feel sorry for them.

>comments are disabled for this video

Grapple is only for spefific parts of the world ain't it?

>literally every japanese promotional video, ever

Dauntless will be like Paladins.

>tfw you'll be dead before World comes out
>You'll never know if it was good or not

can anyone with a twitter ask if the light bugs can be turned off?

I think so? The hunter grappled on the back of the t-rex after it got flung as well so maybe its like an knockdown/wakeup ability as well?

What if

Dauntless is better than MHW

Out of all the games in the world that could be the biggest catalyst for shitposting coming from e3, why the fuck did it have to be the only game I care about

I don't find Brave LS fun.

I want off this SA only ride but there's no weapon I want to use other than it, and every other weapon I'd actually want to use is shit.

1 million domestic sales for MH3 tho, the real actual new console exclusive title. That's enough and Capcom already forecasted lower and lower sales from Japan every year.