/PUBG/ BattleToads general

UMP is king, Vector is fast trash edition.

Best guns in the game (according to PCgamer)
pcgamer.com/pubg-weapons-battlegrounds-guns/

For those who can't remember how how the plane flew: planepath.net/

Official stats for all the guns/gear
pubg.me/blog/post/detailed-stats-for-every-weapon-in-playerunknown-s-battlegrounds

Zharki is best drop location fuck you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VH-ZC3_1PiA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This.. can't be the right general? Right?

>Best guns in the game (according to PCgamer)

Didn't you know PC gamer are HARDCORE gamers who spend weeks playing games while taking meticulous notes on the most effective weapons and strategy's? they have more chicken dinners then you or I, and consistently make the top 5 in every match. PC gamer will spend days arguing over the subtle differences in the effectiveness of the camo clothing just so that you the GAMER can have the best chance at winning.

alright, when is this game going to take advantage of my GPU? so glad I didn't pay for this fucking game.

>go to "high risk high reward" drop
>get pistol
>10 people within 50 feet of me have a shotgun or better
>die
>go to "low risk low reward" drop
>duel one or two people
>if you win end up with good enough gear to win the game

wow

with my group we tend to play both, low risk if we want to try play it safe, this backfires when you get wasted after 10 mins of looting and driving or something stupid happens. High risk if you want to just go for action and get into the shit right away, this has obvious downsides.

>guy kills friend and runs around building
>counterchase to meet him when he gets from behind the building
>jump from behind wall with automatic shotgun
>immediately onetapped by a "headshot with m16"
>wearing level 2 helmet

aimbot???
there is no way he could instantly correct his aim to my head and stabilize it to land all three of the burst shots to kill me through level 2 helmet

I get the
>Go to place with a ton of loot
>Get geared but end up having to go across the entire length of the map by foot just toeventually get shot by some asshole hiding in a bush 8 minutes later

>Have like one decent primary and two magazines worth of ammo, but a lot of boost and healing
>Hunt people for gear
>Win or at least get a ton of kills

I almost refuse to go to Georgepol at this point because it -always- ends up across the fucking map.

Since none of use can watch a quick replay of that (yet), i gotta say you got out played. git gud. There are several different ways that the other guy could be prepared and ready to wreck your shit including:
sound, lag, being Chinese, the sk12 being garbage, and good "game sense".
git gud.

youtube.com/watch?v=VH-ZC3_1PiA

Goddamnit the walls of wooden buildings need to be destructable like the wooden fences, at least they should be wallbangable. It's annoying how strong the fuccboi-shacks are in the endgame

>Only find a fucking shotgun and then you die while traveling game

just cuck my shit up

Anyone else just drive into the middle of the first circle, afk 15-20 mins and come back and fight?

i have won 3 out of my last 7 games this way

i finally finished a game with a crossbow kill

delicious rotisserie chicken

This is the core reason why this game needs different map types, one of them being the suggested "Hunger Games" style with a single high density, guaranteed loot cornucopia in the middle of the map, with a lot of very, very low quality loot elsewhere in the map at lower densities.

You can evolve the games formula very easily by adding a very maps of different styles. PUBG's biggest problem is this map is good, but not good enough on it's own. It's too easy to spread out and get really good loot.

mod support coming, stay tuned

Awesome. Maybe someone will also do a better job of separating weapon types via location - the fact I can typically find M16's and SCAR's in some random as fuck cottage, instead of some bullshit ass bolt action rifle.

Like where is my shit tier breach loaded hunting rifles? Where are my bottom tier hunting rifles in abundance that just do adequate damage instead of the Kar98 being a top tier sniper? Where is 10-22 that does SMG damage but is semi auto only with various magazine sizes (from 10 rounds, to 30~, up to a 100 round drum)

Like why are military guns found in the same quantities as shit tier guns, and found everywhere?

i wish they'd picked something like the enfield revolver instead of this shitty-ass single-action fixed cylinder piece of dog bollocks

>drop at school
>can't grab a shotgun before someone else does
>nab the shells
>he starts strafing left and right in his inventory trying to find the shells
>runs off

OUT
FUCKING
PLAYED

nice good job.
how deadly is the crossbow? can it be used as a basic sniper early game? I take it doesn't make a sound?

The best fucking way to win is being passive the whole game.
There are players like Ninja that go completely agressive and hit 1 here and there, but he goes for the high risk gigh reward by landing in military island almost every game.

Me and my duo/squad team usually land in specific isolated places, get gear and a car and move on to the next isolated place.

Stay in water to increase chances of winning and when there are the last teams we come out hide and wait to shoot down the remaining unfortunate kids.

Might be, that is also incredibly boring. I like to play games to have fun, not bore me to sleep.

Me and my friends always drop to high density areas. Sitting at 10% win rate which is pretty good imo. And the win actually feels good, like I've accomplished it.

oh look, update delayed what a shock

you can hear it very close, but it's even more silent than the VSS. the bolt travels a lot slower than bullets, but still pretty quick at close range. dont put a scope on it, the basic sight it comes with has indicators for 50, 100, and 200 meters on it, although at more than 100 you will likely only hit stationary targets. it deals the 2nd highest damage in the game (105 compared to the AWM's 132) and is also the only weapon that can 1-shot someone in the chest without armor, and in the head through any level helmet.

it's pretty much just for dickery, but if you can get good with it and surprise someone, it can do a LOT of damage

it would be cool if there was a possibility to either attach explosives to the arrow/bolt, or just have a firebolt/arrow that could be fired into a field, and torch everything down, exposing anyone there. That could be useful

just made a swastika in the pregame lobby

game crashed right after lmao

cropped version sry

Will this game get a good optimization update soon?

The game runs like ass no matter what I do. No matter what settings I have it set to. Fuck, it barely runs at 60 on lowest everything and 30 at max everything, like, what the fuck?

The game is really fun, but all the stuttering, lag, poor performance, disconnects, etc, are extremely annoying. I know it's early access, but god damn man, it's really bad.

I do have a lot of fun with the game, I just wish it ran better. My best game the other night was 4 different retards running into the same building as me while I was looting and I just shot them down one by one.

>The game is really fun, but all the stuttering, lag, poor performance, disconnects, etc, are extremely annoying. I know it's early access, but god damn man, it's really bad.
I feel you. I play on the EU servers too, its almost gamebreaking at times.All I want is optimization, not new features.

Yup, the game doesn't need new maps or weapons, not right now at least. It needs performance upgrades. It seems like even people with monster computers still have problems running the game.

Also, I really wish the game had more graphics options. Like I really want to turn off the depth of field, the bloom, etc.

>bad at getting headshots
>insist on picking up kar98 if i find one

Not sure why i work so hard to make myself suffer.

Even if you don't make the headshot, atleast try and do damage.

Getting kills doesn't help you win. I mean, in a way it does, but the game is about surviving, if you damage a guy and he runs away, he might not have healing shit, and will just die later, which means you survive longer and it brings you closer to #1.

I'd prefer to win a game at #1 with 2 kills than lose a game at #2 with 10 kills.

Also the game isn't exactly that hard to make headshots in, you can see the bullet travel pretty well and it has good sights. If you aren't using a scope or have a clear shot on their head, just go for the body. Better to hit a few shots to the body and maybe get a kill than to miss every headshot.

How does zeroing work in this game? If I adjust it to 300, stuff at 300 meters will be where the bullet impacts on the crosshair?

Can we let mods know OP was retarded and we want a do-over?

I found one in an apartment building early on and a guy came at me with a shotugn, cue some dancing, I miss like 3 bolts before killing him while he misses every single shot. One and only time I got a kill with it

Yeah, in theory. Keep in mind you need to be at the same horizontal height for that to be accurate too. Squares on the minimap are all 100 square meters. The VSS and the crossbow have scopes unique to themselves too, so the notches on their sights are accurate to their level of bullet drop at long range if you don't touch zeroing distance.

Why the FFFFUUUUCCCKKKKK do you start in single fire mode?

Who the fuck ever wants to single fire? You will 95% of the time be in full auto mode. So why start in single fire?

If I want to make a long range snipe with a rifle, I will just tap fire or just change to single fire mode myself.

I just died in the first 2 mins of the fucking game because the god damn SMG was in single fire mode. WHO THE FUCK WOULD EVER WANT THAT? I could have extremely easily killed the guy because I got the drop on him first, but I'm just fucking sitting there with my fucking dick in my hand because the stupid fucking gun is single fire and he was in full auto.

Obviously it would be easy to just switch to full when you pick up the gun but in the event that you just so happen to forget leads to situations exactly like this.

Like, why would it ever start in single? The chances that you starting in single fire mode and it being more helpful in the moment is like a 5% chance or less that it would be more useful than starting in full auto mode.

Fucking retarded.

git gud, checking what fire rate you are on is no less important than checking around for enemies

how the fuck is this little piece of shit APLUSV8LE not immediately banned? he fucking lasers you in the head with a single shot from a SCAR through a level 3 helmet without making a single sound. he has a fucking 19 K/D when even the best players don't have half that much because many times they will land with shit loot.i suppose i should be "glad" that i actually have an mmr somewhere in his range, but that's cold comfort when you've got someone with homing, diamond bullets

It has nothing to do with "git gud" it is just an absolutely fucking retarded decision to make guns with full auto/burst modes start in single fire.

If there is an enemy in the house with you, and you aren't armed yet, but find an UMP lets say, you will 99/100 times want to be in full auto mode to make sure you are putting enough rounds into the guy in the event he comes up on you with his own gear. You won't want to just sit there frantically clicking the bullets out in single fire mode over and over. It's utterly fucking retarded.

And again, like I said, if you want to fire in a single shot, you can just as easily do it in full auto mode by just clicking one time, or by purposefully putting it into single fire mode. There's just no logical reason they'd all start in single fire mode.

kek

>needing to mag dump
>not just two tapping heads
sup reddit

Which weapon do you pick up no matter what if you find it?

I always pick up m416 and ill usually drop my secondary unless its kar m24 or awm

I'm a slow, low risk, strategic player by nature, but the only #1's I've gotten have been times when I didn't have a lot of time to play and Rambo'd the military base

It's counterintiuitive sometimes. Like I think it makes sense for SCARs and shit to start out in single, but if you pick up an UZI you'd generally expect full auto.

>you will 99% of the time be in single fire mode
But that's wrong you mong. If you're shooting an AR anything but single fire past 20 meters you're a shitter

M416 is shit though.

Im the opposite. I get no joy if i get chickeb dinner by killing the 2 last players alive

>doesn't know how to control automatic fire at medium range
>calls someone else a shitter
lol nice one

How's highschool?

You realize you can switch the fire mode while you're loading in the first magazine, right?

If it's a desperate situation and you need it to be full auto for close quarters, you can easily have it toggled before you're ready to fire.

Maybe im just biased because its the rifle i use in the army. But i always do way betyer wit m4 than any other rifle

I guarantee you'd do better with a stock M16A4. Gun's a tap firing beast.

akm, snipers, vss, s686

always drop smgs, pump action, 416
i take a crossbow over smgs

M16 or SCAR?

I thought that too until i started watching the streamers with the 50% win rate. Thats when you realize there mechanical skill at the game will shit on you no matter what unless you get the drop on one early when they might still be unarmed.

i prefer 16 but both are better than 416.
416s only saving grace is auto, which is only effective in shotgun range

Always best to have a ranged weapon, and a CQC weapon. for range i'll always take a sniper over an AR, and for cqc s686/UMP depending on the parts i find.

The servers have been atrocious too. I've never before died this many times behind covers than today and yesterday

I keep having these things happen, where I press F to open a door, and it doesn't open, or it does open but I can't walk through it.

Also reloading 3 times before there's ammo in the gun

I had just finished a duo fight and was left at half health.

Too bad game wouldn't let me use any healing items. Right clicking or pressing 7-9 did nothing despite being at 50% and having the items in my inventory.

Ive experienced it too. Switching to another weapons works for me. It sucks but it usually lasts out the round

a ump and a vector....

Sounds dumb, but if you can't use a healing item, drop both your weapons on the ground and quickly pick them back up. Your healing shit works after that. Swapping weapons does not always work.

Ump and vector with no attachments and 10 alive. Wtf is this

You don't need good guns to stay alive, just pick and choose your fights.

That round especially I kept getting shorted up on weapons and it was just smgs and shotguns.

>getting gas camped by a guy at the tree with uaz
>the wall perfectly goes past the rock so I don't have cover

LUCKY FUCK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1 win in a hundred games....

You dont need good guns. But i find a round where i get 10 kills and barely break top 10 a better round than the one where i went to take a shit while proning in a bush and got lucky with the circle and won with 3 kills

This might be real-world gun bias and not right for the game, but I take the SCAR if it's going to be my close-range weapon (i.e. I have a K98) and the M16 if it's going to be my long-range weapon. (I have an UMP etc.)

Now realize that winning 1 game for every 99 losses makes you /average/ in this game and uninstall it and go play something more fun.

>UMP is king
I say this since months. Ther is no better weapon for House cleaning and the last small zones.
Won this with only the silenced UZI andthe UMP I found on the 3rd placed corpse.

early game shenanigans like this are actually the best part of the game

Finally won my first game. I actually got 4 of those kills with the VSS, I'm surprised by how good it is in the right situation.

>50 games no wins

does that make my 3 in 91 pretty above average?

>tfw solo is 90% based on luck.
>tfw too autistic to group up

>solo is 90% based on luck
sup reddit

>implying im wrong
protip: im not

BEAGLE IS BEST

90% is def too high, but luck is a pretty big factor on winning. Won my last game because the house I picked stayed center of the circle for two of the three final rotations, so I got like five free kills on people rotating around it.

supposedly, idk why people play for stats and shit in a laggy ass game where the most fun to be had is doing motocross tricks but whatever gets yall torqued

>queue solo
>veer off plane path, find vehicle
>get geared to the teeth
>play center circle until top 10
>see an easy flank kill
>hit him 2-3 times, he whips around and sprays me down

i swear i cannot figure out the gun control in this game to save my life. when i try to tap, i get sprayed. when i spray, i whiff everything and die anyway.

dont move while shooting, if you have time line up shoots, damn niggas this shits just like arma

>dont move while shooting
>didn't move and shoot in ARMA
sup reddit

you can but you should lay down or crouch if possible, make an op and me and my boys will throat fuck u,

and u could just took cover and took out that skylining rtard without losing half ur health in 2 headshots but hey do shit the hard

Lmao at the pan. Literally blocked 3 shots in a row by a guy flanking behind me.

agree, literally only streamer i watch cuz i used to b in sactac with him
fucking dyslexi became a fag when he got torqued by that cranesong cunt

streaming at twitch 4 bros user name is spruchy

ethnicity and dick size?

>hit a faggot 10 times
>falls underground
>shoots me underground

fucking king of the hill all over again

why cant Russians make one fucking game that isnt a piece of shit?

Is this a PUBG meme I'm missing on or did you fail 4th grade english.

>Bluehole
>Russian

This is the absolute worst. Please don't remind me.

Why the fuck can't you shoot people in water. I just had a game where a whole squad went for an airdrop in the ocean and me and my mates lit their asses up so hard but never downed one person.
And don't say gitgut I was hitting them dead on.

bullets don't travel through water

>90% based on luck
>39 games this season with 4 of them as wins
>Over 15% top 10 despite playing aggressive

Yeah, nah. Variance can be a part of this game, but it's far from the deciding or sole factor of a match.