What should my next car be Veeky Forums?

What should my next car be Veeky Forums?
A 1995 Chrysler Lebaron or a 99 Chevy prizm?

Other urls found in this thread:

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/97-honda-civic/6327702426.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/1999-honda-civic-coupe/6318074360.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5zAbcdJskQU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why are those your only two options?

trailer park?

They're at the same used dealership and within my poorfag price range.
On one hand the lebaron is fucking dope, but the prizm gets like 30mpg

A 1998 Crappy Kill Myself

>What should my next car be Veeky Forums?

anything else

>buying from a used car dealership

It's like you are asking to get fucked

Budget?

I would honestly go with the prizm - both sound shitty, but at least it is efficient.

How do I not get fucked then?

Nah. LeBaron. Might as well enjoy the dope convertible and headlight covers for about 3 months until he hates it and runs it off a cliff to collect insurance money.

Post your local Craigslist. I'll find you something reliable with decent fuel efficiency for ~2,400

is it jon voight's lebaron?

At least when the headlight covers break on the LeBaron (which they will, speaking from experience here), they get stuck in the down position so your lights still work. Unfortunately, a '95 is post-facelift so instead of neat hideaway lights he'd get... these.

Seriously?
The Prism is the reliable choice it's a FUCKING Toyota Carrola for fucks sake... The Le-barron will break in a week if it isn't broke already Chryslers from that era where notoriously unreliable. Then you throw in the crap-sandwich of being a 20+ year old convertible on top of all that?

I'm in LA

Also, from 94 on the only engine option is the SOHC 3.0 V6, specifically the same Mitsubishi engine as the one that showed up in Caravans/Town & Countries for twenty plus years, and it is an absolute dogshit pile of crap. Stay away from it at all costs.

If those are your only options, Prism.

Who the hell even came up with the idea of headlight covers? That had to have been an Affirmative Action hire.

thoughts on this civic? losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/97-honda-civic/6327702426.html

>Affirmative Action
Buddy, when automotive headlight covers first became a thing, minorities still had their own drinking fountains.

I usually take "will pass smog check" as a red flag. I've bought two cars from cl that "would pass smog" and ended up screwed

You might have proven my point, considering there are still busted headlight covers on a 90s dying make that came clapped out from the factory, marketed to whites and driven by blacks.

losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/1999-honda-civic-coupe/6318074360.html

The seller seems kind of autistic, as this "Civic" is actually an Accord. He even lists it as an Accord in the car info.

It seems almost too good to be true.

>You might have proven my point by disproving my point
shoo, shoo, go back to whatever board you came from

>90s dying make
>Chrysler
>dying by the 90's after Iaccoca completely revived them with the K-cars and the minivans

>Carrola
>Le-barron
Read a book.

K-cars were alright, I guess, even though that was a stepping stone and actually not a good car outside of the advertising. Minivans were a good move.

But that's not going to make me think differently about fucking headlight covers as a selling point for bling when the basic car itself is still a shitheap.

Who in the fuck buys a used car at a dealership??
Just fucking check your local Craigslist/Kijiji you mong.
It'll be much much cheaper

They were more than alright, they helped save the company. They were cheap, disposable cars that went from A to B, which is exactly what the public wanted and exactly what Chrysler needed to be selling, and they still had some hopped-up versions like the turbo K-cars including earlier LeBarons (and turbo Caravans). The government also bought loads of 'em to use as fleet cars, as people were still remembering the gas crises of the 70's and the big Ford LTDs and Chevy Caprices wouldn't become commonplace as cruisers and men-in-black cars until the 80's.

>But that's not going to make me think differently about fucking headlight covers as a selling point for bling when the basic car itself is still a shitheap.
Newsflash: anything you do to a headlight to make it more than turn on and off can and will break eventually. For another example, look at the C4 Corvette of the 80's. Their headlights fucking spin all the way around instead of just popping up, and when the motor breaks there's a chance it'll get stuck pointing backwards, across the hood and at the driver. Completely retarded, but how much advertising do you think went into selling Corvettes to black people? Not fuckin' much.

>Their headlights fucking spin all the way around
top fucking kek
>and when the motor breaks there's a chance it'll get stuck pointing backwards, across the hood and at the driver
ahahahahahahahah that's fuckin great dis shit got de headlight covers
>awwwww sheeeeeeeit
>woooooo!
>kyuk kyuk kyuk kyuk

Seriously, look at this fucking shit. What was GM thinking?

youtube.com/watch?v=5zAbcdJskQU

Maybe they saved $.03 on the motors, wiring and controllers so they only had to spin in one direction?

But when you turn the headlights off, they do spin in reverse and go all the way around again. It's just silly and I say that as someone who loves pop-up lights.