/mg/ miata general

What ever happened to Veeky Forums loving miatas
I never see a miata general when I check now

My 96 NA w 70k miles

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I photoshopped these wheels onto my car but I actually have a set of them on order from Work

How I got it in April from original owner

it looks kind of like something you'd do to a Miata in Need For Speed, only not as obnoxious

i do really like the blue and gold color scheme though, good choice in wheels

there was an old one yesterday but it rolled off and nobody bothered to make a new one because they were all too busy having hot gay sex

It will look better when its repainted and everything is montego blue

before i temporarily plastidipped the hardtop

wagwan

there has been an /mg/ on the board for a solid month, where the fuck have you been?

on my way to pick up a miata today. am i cool now?

you were always cool, user

that's what my mom said all along!!!!!1!

tell tommy to stop being a pussy and go to a track

>pride general

I remember you saying you were going to buy a set of 40s. They look good imo. For some reason I thought you were from MA, but I guess not.

they should arrive in about a month i can't wait
15x8 +22 a disc

At least I won't be the only one in /mg/ with multi piece wheels anymore. Get ready for the hate.

What are your wheel specs?

Getting mine soon like So excited, my old car was a project civic I learned with from my father, as it was rusting and dented all over, and he does bodywork for a living.

Finally 18, and buying a Miata with the couple k I've saved up, and I'm so stoked!

the one im getting is already someone's track car, kinda sucks in a way because a lot of the mods have already been done for me. but there's still a lot more i want to do.

15x8 et~25 in the front 15x8.5 et~12 in the rear with 195/50s.

>buy my first 1996 miata in its original Montego blue dual-layer paint color literally like a month ago
>dumb redneck step-brother backs into the rear fender today in a truck, fucked it up really bad

Is there any hope for recovery bros? His dad is paying so price is no option. I just wanna know if my lil Mia will shine like she did yesterday.

Any chance you can find someone parting out one with that color?

Curious about how you guys feel about these "flush lights", I personally like them, they remind me of older nsxs and rx7s which i'm fond of, but what do you all think? Does it take away character? Is it acceptable? Will you hate me for doing it?

I love the popups but i dont think these are ugly by any means. Just a different style.

Looks like a 350z with popups

how much does plastidipping a hardtop cost? The only hardtops I can find are green.

Guys help I'm starting to like the S2000
I haven't driven one, but if its anything like the Civic I'll be down with it. Pricier than miata but at least I don't have to worry about rust..

looked at a super clean miat today, last year NA and loved by the owner, but I feel like I'm not good enough of an owner for such a good car :(

this is my favorite miata

But you can buy three MIATS for one S2K

Rusty ones..
I like clean fresh cars i can pamper

no reason to switch unless your car has broken pop-up mechanisms IMO. Even then junkyard parts are probably cheaper than changing out the whole assembly and getting different bulbs

Color: Freedom

Serious question Veeky Forums
For a track car (NA only)
AE86 or Miats?

miata. pls dont destroy an ae86

Panda Trueno

The pop ups are an aero nightmare. Working or broken, with the lights on you have two parachutes detaching the flow across the vehicle. That's the main reason I'd consider changing mine over, but at that point you may as well buy an NB.

Probably not. I live in a smaller town.

Ae86's make great track cars actually. in Japan they are used more for grip than drifting.

>Using an AE86 on a race track
>Destroying it

no

kill your self initial d weeb

I was talking about Grip racing not Drifting it doesn't remotely interest me.
Both 4age and the Mazda BP engines look like screamers in NA form and that's what I would like to keep it.

Guys, is there a list of default features the "Sportive" version of the NB-FL has apart from the 6 gear transmission and different steering wheel.
There isn't really much information on them online.

I've heard that an LSD came standard with those and they have larger brakes than the standard trims in addition to a stiffer suspension.
Is there a list with there any information with their default features out there? Also, is the 6th gear really worth it in a Miat?

I know. Miata's are shit for drifting.

Short wheelbase is best used for grip. Honestly it'll be slightly cheaper and easier to modify an NA Miata assuming you are in the United States. So many active forums and shops that sell parts compared to the AE86

I wanted a Miata, I had about 5 G's saved up to get a nice one. I ended up getting a W-30 MR 2 at the last minute. But I catch myself thinking about the life I could have had if I got the Miata.

pop ups usually add around 6% drag. Do you have numbers for the Miat?

Yeah, the NB can cruise at higher speeds, so the 5-speed feels a bit short.

If I hadn't already put projectors in my NA, I probably would've bought Jet Stream headlights when there was a group buy going on.

Just installed an ISR header back system on mine. Sounds really deep, little loud though. Wheels are next, I'm thinking some 15x8 konig wideopens in bronze but I would love to hear some suggestions (within a cheaper budget heh)

No Wideopens please, they just look like a shitty knock off RPF1. Get actual RPF1s, Kosei K1, or Buddy Club P1.

There are different brakes on different NB Miatas?

Thats an interesting taillight there user who makes em

Garage Vary.

Hah
>Hot gay sex
Faggot

Three times the power friendo...

>S2000
>450 HP stock
No

>ebay lip
>clear side markers
>turn signal intakes
Cool rice burner senpai, lemme guess a cheap cat back fart can too?
Wheels are ok, license plate move looks dumb but is acceptable if you live in a state that requires it by law

Does anyone else have issues with the clear on their montego blues? Mine is peeling pretty bad on the windshield frame and has a spot where it wore off on the strip between trunk and back of the top

finally somebody who goes for the genuine thing instead of rotas or japan racing
you have my respect

>70k miles
How

>drives the cheapest RWD sports car on the market
>thinks his opinion and judgement of other people's cars matters

Imagine being this pretentious

Just got these made up for my 90 V8 miata

and the set of four

garage vary lip, euro turn signals, and i have a cobalt dual exhaust catback... not much nicer available for an NA miata

you're talkin shit when your car looks boring as fuck

Post inspo

>fake dual exhaust on a miata
Lel

Does anyone have a guide for how to accurately time your Miata the first time? (I have a 99 NB)

A family emergency came up during a routine belt change and the next thing I know it's three months later and all my reference marks washed off.

V8 Miata

That is beyond pathetic

youtube.com/watch?v=HKHv5_d1a6I

i'm currently using this guide for my 1997 na. it's my first time doing a belt change as well but if you have a lick of sense and use google you'll be done in no time

new car. previous owner put some silly shit on there ill have to take off but also some serious performance parts. definitely a track car

imma keep the big wang though

I couldn't find a VIN thread, but I am looking at a 2004 mazda speed NB3. May i get VIN# JMNB354940405955 looked up? 62k $11,000 asking price. Do you think it is a good deal?

>that wing

Anyone do the famous 14 degree timing advance? I think I might give it a shot.

What's /mg/'s opinion on the ND? More specifically, I'm thinking of getting myself the MX-5 RF. What am I in for, and will I regret getting this over a BRZ?

:^)

ehhh, Miatas can still slide around quite a bit. It's not ideal if you're trying to be "competitive" (lol competitive drifting) or really serious about it but if you like to play around in parking lots every now and then it'll do just fine

NB with high miles and/or Rust?

Then don't. I wrecked the camshaft pulley trying to get to the timing wheel.

They stopped being cheap

Pretty sure I've seen this exact car IRL in central Wisconsin, it's in fucking horrid shape, but it does turn some heads.

I actually don't hate it. Get matching wheels and clean the body up a bit and I think it would be pretty good.

Yea I usually wouldn't like it but I'm kinda ok with it. Probably just gonna paint the wheels for now until I can afford some nice ones.
And that exhaust has a nice sound but it looks terrible. and leaks because someone sucked at welding

Get rid of that center hood scoop while you're at it. That's not a great look.

I like it. And it's actually functional kek. Whoever had this car before me must have really liked fast and furious. But that's OK because so do I. And they actually put performance mods into it. Not just a body kit.
Looks like someone made the hood from scratch with fiberglass. Did a good job too.

should i get an NA or NB-FL as a daily driver?

Most of us are, of course, too poor to own a new car.

It's gonna be a lot smaller than a BRZ, slightly faster (kek, what isn't) and have better fuel economy.

I'm not too well of myself, but I've been saving up for a while now, originally for the new ND; but then the RF came out, so I just kept on saving. Gonna need to keep saving for at least a few more months though.

As for speed, both the BRZ and the ND are faster than what I've got currently. No doubt more fun to drive too. But, I'm 197cm tall, will that be a problem for the ND? Will I have to have the roof off at all times to fit?

They're alright for gymkhana but hardly anyone does that.

I have a ND ragtop, am 180cm with shoes on, and I would not be comfortable if I were much taller. 185 is probably the limit. Driving with my shoes off makes a real difference. Also, my feet (euro size 46) are a little too large. I briefly drove a RF and felt that there was slightly less headroom.

The RHD version particularly sucks because the transmission tunnel has a slight lump on that side.

Interior space is worse than NA/NB because Mazda wanted to keep the exterior size the same for ND as it was on NA, but with all the extra crash protection stuff they were forced to make the inside tiny.

Oh. I guess I won't stand a chance of fitting in one then. I'm a size 48 too, so that's completely out of the question then.

I don't have much choice when it comes to having a fun RWD sports car by the look of it. Guess I'll just keep saving for a few more years and get something bigger like a Mustang or something.

Honda S2000 is a bigger MIAT with more power and a 9200 RPM redline.

The problem is there are practically no S2k's where I live, (Dubai). Practically everything that isn't a bargain-bin Toyota, or an oversized SUV is unavailable.

I'm basically confined to 90's/00's American "sports" cars, the occasional riced Civic, or a bunch of shady imports in a neighboring cities industrial zone if I want to buy used.

>Dubai
Shouldn't you have enough money to import 10 of those from around the world?

>The everyone in Dubai is filthy rich meme
Not even sure how to reply to that one.

If you are a cute girl (boy) try getting a nice sugar daddy to buy one for you :3

Guess you missed the part where I said I'm 197cm tall with boat-sized feet. Besides, I'd need to know someone in the US or EU if I wanted to safely import cars. I'm not a fan of buying something like this blind.

I got a 97 with 103k for $2800, I'd consider that fairly cheap

I spent the same for a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 with 90k miles. Don't do it

Uhh...no, Na with decent miles and no rust. And you shouldn't need to do anything with the pulley, you adjust the cam sensor.

just pray that it can pass emissions

you fucked up son