/MG/

/MG/
MUSTANG GENERAL

>Post your Mustangs you Veeky Forumstists
>talk about Mustangs
>masturbate to mustangs

Eh gaehz

Can't wait to see what the 7th gen is gonna be like, I'll probably end up buying one

My favorite is when someone fucks up and they spaghetti out and fuck up even more

Delete this

Lol

l-o-l

>mustang owners believing they can do anything other than drive in a straight line

Winners aren't losers

You can Dorito them and hoon them sempai kun :3

Pls no bully

Has anyone here done the SVE alternator upgrade? I got halfway through mine today before I got a migraine, hoping it actually lets the gauges work properly.

It doesn't look like they can manage driving straight.

>/MG/
>MUSTANG GENERAL

Here's an MG with a Mustang engine.

I get it cuz mustangs hit ppl
>Look mom im memeing!

Any here mustang loners?

I wonder why all the tokyo drifters on Veeky Forums bash the mustang and go out and buy some miata spends thousand on mods to be able to drift. when all i see is pic and vids of stock mustangs drifting all over the place. you can call it pig fat and shit but those fuckers are literally drifting all over the road in the hands of idiots with zero driving skills and pure aesthetic mods on them. Just buy mustangs Veeky Forums hit the touge and drift till your hearts content. Just watch out for crowds those fuckers aim for crowds.

Any love for the 60s?

yes my great grandmas 67 is what got me into cars in general my great grandfather bought it for her new and shes kept it in perfect condition and still daily drives it that car has raised four generations on my family

Neat, 289 , top loader?

well it is my grndmothers car so sadly its the inline six and an automatic with the vinyl top but its what got me into cars and it has a special place in the family so i dont mind

and now i paint cars for a living its crazy how things like cars can change your life if she never had that car i might have not got into cars and id most likely be in some other line of work all together.

>that "being a grandparent" plate

Cherish your granny dude

i do the women in our family have always been the glue holding us all together and we have her to thank for instilling that in future generations i wont post picks but she has over 20 grand and great grandchildren and has played a huge part in all our lives shes amazing sadly though her being in her 80s idk how much longer well have her (pic unrelaited)

Neat, not sad, mine started as a i6, that explains the gorgeous paint on that old ponie

thx i wish i had more pics but i havent seen my grandmother or the car for over a year (moved to texas) i really need to go visit sometime

mustang owners will defend this

that better be a parts car

OP here
I always wondered this too
A miata here in Leafland costs around $5k yet you can find cheap manual foxes/sn95 V6's or if you're lucky V8's for around $1500-$3500 all day

That 5 decade old floors might be rusty?

Kek

theres too much potential to let it go

>inb4 shitty job

i like it keep up the good work keepin old birds like it alive

I love my Mustang!

i do to have you done any work under the hood?

V6? V8? Auto? Manual?
I'm curious as I'm thinking of getting a cheap manual sn95 and will probably end up having to get the v6..

But for hooning/drifting I've heard it's more than enough

Save up more and get a v8 model. The exhaust note alone is worth it, not just the beefier drivetrain.

Nope, I'm too inexperienced to work on her just yet, but i have a lotta stuff i plan to do, its my first car project
V8 manual, mines literally all stock and it's a lotta fun to drive, never tried drifting though, too many straight roads with stop signs here

Where’s all the love for the Mustang II?

Why did you make your taillights useless?

>Go to Wal-Mart parking lot at night
>Drift
>Profit

Moshi moshi i sure love being a mustang

They still work fine and are visible at a distance, i got the brightest lights i could find cause i wanted dark tint. Not really a fair picture since its dark here but whatever

>Kind of hate mustangs but here's my shitbox

In the dumpster

Is there anyway to upgrade parts of the interior? The trim around the radio flops like crazy and the doors feel so cheap. Those are my only complaints though.

2017 Ecoboost.
I have no shame.
I love her.

my mustang is turning into a piece of shit. my different was leaking so I had to get a new cover, now it's leaking out of a main seal from the axle housing. and today I found out the smoked taillights are starting to peel. rip

previous owner did the smoked tail lights. is there any way to fix it that isn't glue or some shit. I might just end up having to peel all the smoke tint films off

Add stuff to stop it rattling. Sounds like hardware is broken or missing.

oh yeah, I had to replace my springs too because the previous ones werent installed correctly and were also rusting. one of them broke apart when trying to get it out

Pls no bully.

>Tfw your car is installing it's own paint delete.

Suppose you could try a decal glue, just brush it on light

I had a mustang ( ._.)

Now it's a mushstang.

Is it a GT?

Wait!?
It's a cobra?
How much did that cost You??

We postin nao

Newedge 5th gen front conversion
Best of both worlds

No crowds tonight?
Mustang is hungrayyyy

>tfw no rocket bunny sn95..

Might just be "its American we have to hate it mentality". The way i see it its just more competition for manufactures which is good for us and also more product for us to choose from.

Hates mustangs.....drives mustang? Just sell it then, its a car not your wife/husband no alimony or child support i assume. That would be weird.

I'm kinda curious/tempted to buy a cheap manual v6 fox or sn95 and put in a cheap $150 eBay turbo and see how well it does/how much of a Hp increase id see
Might be able to get around the same HP as a GT if the same yr for thousands less

Since most GT mustangs are like $4000-$8000 for fox/sn95s
Where as v6's are very cheap like less than most civics at least here in western Canada..

I had that issue with the console. Put two screws maybe 4 i don't remember in the console by the radio area (holes are visible) and fixed it. Now it just rattles and squeaks. Fixed one problem created another. Doors are cheap. I have gone through 3 door handles piece with the windows and lock controls on the driver side.

Where the mustang owners/fans/enthusiasts??

Well!?

Ew. Destroyed one of the best parts of the New Edge body.

1. You wouldn't make much power
2. Then you still have shite everything else. It's more than just the engine that's different.

>tfw fox notch awaiting it's cammed explorer 5.0
if only I wasn't suffering or sleeping all of the time

Can always pick up cheap stuff at scrap yards sempai

By the time you piece together a GT-spec drivetrain, brakes, and suspension package you'll have spent more than just buying a GT in the first place.

>picked up a bone stock '88 GT in May
>first owner had it from new until 2001.
>note pad in car with a full log of services and mileage, probably kept in a garage, not driven in winter.
>spent the second half of its life tossed between three different owners and driven during the winter.
>car is now kinda crusty because of this.
>144k miles

Breaks my heart knowing someone really cared for this car, and the subsequent owners didn't.

Doesn't matter now though, I'm turning it into a semi-vintage road-racer, doing a 351W swap, and a full suspension upgrade from Maximum Motorsports.

this is all I need to say

Would get smoked by a twin turbo Viper, which would get smoked by a twin turbo Huracan, etc etc etc. Comparing modded cars is dumb. Fastest standing mile is held by a Ford Modular so the Stang could be faster with more cash under the hood.

its about whats easier to mod with less money.

a truck mustve reversed into you at great speed

so mustangs?

>Go to scrap yard
>Find old busted by
>Take suspension parts
>Either for free or very cheap cause it's a fucking scrapyard..
>Install parts
>???
>Profit

And if you somehow do get them cheap, which you don't because parts do cost money, and get them refurbed, you'll still have a shit engine that makes dick-all for power even with boost. The better option exists. WAIT FOR A DEAL.

>western Canada
hey want to buy a gt in washington state?

>13.67
Fucking embarassing

a miata is actually good an sn95 v6 is literal rolling garbage

There are two basic obstacles to overcome when it comes to really drifting in a third gen mustang. The biggest one is the steering angle. The stock front end simply does not get sideways enough to go sideways and it takes a fairly big investment to make it. The second lesser reason is that the way the rear end is set up, when it gets torks it wanders a little bit. This is kind of a fun little wiggle when you're doing a burnout but if you're trying to slide it can add a whole unpredictable metric but all it takes to fix that is a panhard bar, the bigger the better.

>OP here.

They always seemed like good hooning vehicles to me, esp for north america where its mostly just straight roads and the occasional curve.

And do any oldfags remember how much a used Foxbody GT was 20-30yrs ago??
How cheap did they ever get? Cause I know they weren't very popular or liked when they came out and haven't gotten popular till this past decade or so, and was curious how cheap you could get these fun 80s wedgemobile aesthetics for

Cause $5000+ CAD, for a sporty muscle car from the 80s seems a little high to me, considering there are alot of other nice cars for that price or lower

Also found this cool GT while dropping off resumes, never been up close to a foxbody GT before, was fucking exciting and cool :D

I do not know about drifting. If you were to add the rear bar as you said and any other standard mods like tires rims etc but keep the front stock would that be enough to have some fun doing some light drifting in a controlled manner? I mean in a fast and cheap (sub $1000) way to make the car drift-able in a street daily driver aspect not competitive arena .