/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>SSE? Should i use the Skyrim Special Edition?
Only if you don't want mods. It does not have SKSE and the ENB binaries are bad. Stick with Old Skyrim.

>Mods, modding GUIDES, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/wt4tJyKW
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Remember to ignore and report shitposters.

>HEY GUYS WHEN IS SKYRIM SCRIPT EXTENDER COMING TO SPECIAL EDITION??
Never
>Really?
Yes really.

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21700/?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/2947/?
imgur.com/a/stEQM
tesgeneral.com/armor
tesmistel.tumblr.com/
wtfuun.tumblr.com/archive
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84606/?
mega.nz/#!pUhQBDKB!5f290n46umoF-ms2CFlsyfPbse7A5bCePpXUqvyPiGs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

who here would suck snake's dick

reminder who is best waifu

Please respond.

Nobody sane would.

>30 - Vancian Magic - Cast magic like the wizards of old. Your next 20 spells do not use Magicka and are twice as effective. When you run out of spells, you are unable to cast spells until you rest by sleeping at an inn or in your home.
>50 - Quadratic Wizard - Whenever you recharge your Vancian Magic spells, you gain 1 additional Vancian Magic spell for each 10 points of base Magicka.
>70 - Dungeon Master - Whenever you recharge your Vancian Magic spells, you may choose less or more spells in exchange for increased or decreased spell effectiveness, and/or choose one of three metamagic enhancements. Your choice remains in effect until your next rest.

Should I go for it?

If you want.

Is there a brighter and more vivid ENB version of Clarity? I really like how Clarity has literally no impact on my FPS but at the same time I feel like it's too dull and dreary for me. I tried fucking around with the ingame ENB UI but I always screw things up and make my game look actually worse than before.

New thread already? Well, I was hoping till tomorrow to post this, but I guess I can do it before bed.

FUCK YEAH LIGHTNING SPEARS.
The fucking particle system in this game is oppressively hard to learn. It's nodes connected to graphs that recursively connect to those same nodes and you can't edit them because they're called on - BY THEMSELVES. Gah, took me hours and a correspondence with Enai Saion to get this working, but now that I know how it's easier from here. Maybe could use some more particles? I'll try doubling it, but still frames don't do it justice. Excuse my shitty screenshot abilities, not a master like you guys and I turn off my mods to test WIP stuff.

Anyways, too bad no one's made a Solaire follower. This shit would go great.

Now onto repeating this process for Great Lightning Spears, and Sunlight Spears.

Why would you ask such a question, user?

Go nuts.

You mean the "Good Guys" quests? I think he made em for 6 of the daedric quests.

new roll

uh

>Anyways, too bad no one's made a Solaire follower. This shit would go great.

Check the OP site, you wanna-be Buffscale.

rollan

>20 fireballs
>miss all of them because of NPC ninja sidestep

vancian magic is a meme

I know of House of Horrors alternate ending.
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21700/?

class roll

I'm a lot less furry and a lot more capable. I can script, model, etc. Buffscale just knows OS, though that's pretty powerful nowadays. Besides, who would WANT to be Buffscale?

Oh hey, didn't know about that. Never download those RP characters from tesgeneral, maybe I should give them a try. Any waifus in particular worth putting in my game?

Vancian magic is a meme, but you can fix the sidestep with a plugin or better: skytweak.

I typed in "good guys" and couldn't find the one for House of Horrors. That link was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, guys!

post a webm faggot
i'm glad it shaped up well though. some more luminescence and particles might do it some good.

shit looks like the vines I see in Shivering Isles. Can't you just make it a bigger and fancier "Sparks" fx?

>The mace will immediately disappear
>I need the mace for my museum display

Well shit.

Not quite, those meshes are auto-generated, and extracting those is a pain, if not impossible, due to the fact they're tied to animations.

And having a mesh covered in sparks is more ore less how dark souls did it too.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Do note though that this is vanilla game with 0 mods or lighting. If I had any of that this would be glowing a lot more.

Take a hint from Dark Souls and obfuscate it better. They're covered it in a glow and electrical particles so thoroughly you have to look closely at the static object beneath to see it. Most players in action won't.

Your attempt here takes the lowest form of hints. The core object needs to be brighter, the particles need to be more active and dense, and there needs to be a shiny glowing aura to distract the eye.

Post obscure mods, my dudes.

Shiny glowing Aura, right. That's actually a great idea, I'll have to give that a try.

Hmm, can you think of any vanilla objects, or things from mods, that give off fuzzy light like that in a cylinder-like form? Not quite sure how to approach that sort of glowmap.

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/2947/?

Is this safe?

Still haven't finalized the new character. This is as far as I've gotten. I think I'm finally, sort of, happy with the nose. I tried reducing the head width, kid face and horse face aspects.

I was told the skin is a problem, and I agree, it's very flat, but it's also the palest I've managed. If I set it to the palest, it's not nearly as snowy as I want, and on other skins I've tried don't even look this pale. The doll skin someone suggested was pale enough, but I kept having trouble with its neck seam and a weird difference between its face and body color I haven't encountered before.

I'm at my wits end though.

On the other hand the Black Viper Gear, Fine Vampire gear from Colovian and Fine Noble Dress all speak to my tastes. So the clothes are there. Just gotta get the character right. And contract vampirism. Also find some vampire eyes I like.

You guys are gonna continue Elxdark's mod, r-right?

imgur.com/a/stEQM

I read that like a week ago. I was reading the comments frequently, and I knew this kind of shit was going down the minute I saw the other guy losing moderator status on the mod. It's amazing it went on for as long as it did.

Joker Judas and Bear Judas apparently.

Nothing I'm aware of. My mod experience is more KotOR days than Skyrim, and that was mostly texture work. The only time I worked on something that 'faked' glowing, it was the saber blades, which involved layering the same particle/texture over itself multiple times. We're talking Skyrim though, and I'm pretty sure it would just look amateurish these days.

Wish I could be more help. All I know is what I'm seeing from a purely artistic standpoint.

Mornin Cumtears!

Yarti was always attached at the hip to Snake and Nita just gave up control of his waifu to the Snekglomerate

No, no, I feel you. Maybe I'll just turn up the emittance on the nif itself and see if I can build any nice glow.

Oh, Torchbugs!

Gotta check how they work.

>Snekglomerate
wew

Hey do you guys remember Snakestone before he was Yarti's OTP? You neither? Weird

Yes

So post a pic of him before he was yarti's fuckbuddy

It's hard to remember a vanilla NPC.

>Veeky Forums filename
Bad joke

The weird angles on the chin are annoying me too, come to think of it. And the slider settings aren't letting me iron them out.

Have we ever had any good reason at all to believe that Snake and Yarti aren't the same person?

Reminder

Snakestone is just jealous of people who actually care about making remotely decent characters.

His generic-ass husbando has attracted the gay affections of several waifu-ers, why would he feel jealous? His lack of effort is working

I just switched over from CBBE to UUNP post good stuff I can use for clothes and armor. (Not slutwear)

It's only because of the inherent circlejerk he's in. The more characters he uses and takes pictures of, the more the creators feel obligated to do things with his characters. He also has a plot to his character, but few seem to realise it's outright terrible and still go along with accepting Cumstone. We chase away quality and instead get garbage. We only have ourselves to blame.

tesgeneral.com/armor

tesmistel.tumblr.com/

wtfuun.tumblr.com/archive

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84606/?
It's only obscure because it's recent but it doesn't hurt to share, right?

>get slut bodies
>dont get slut armor

?

Turned out pretty well, now. It feels really satisfying to use. Now I just have to learn how to rip the sounds from DS to use with this, and retexture the hit shader.

Hell, at this rate I think I'll just make a spell mod. Too many custom spells in this game feel underwhelming or too easy to get. Put some fun spells in, tie them to mini-bosses and quests. Bingo.

Right now I'm thinking Invoker's Invoke, a spell that creates floating orbs around you whenever you cast an elemental spell, then generates a new spell based on your combination. Or something to boost spellswords, like a buff that triggers when you cast 5 spells, giving you a melee power boost. Could play like red mage in FFXIV, spam spells then jump in, land a few hits, and get back out again.

Those could be pretty fun to script. Any ideas are welcome though.

I just spent 3 days trying to install everything from the guide, if possible I've been installing 4k versions of the mods and made sure to check if they're conflicting with others or not.

And the sad thing is, I still can't make it as good as those screenshots from them Asian modders.

I just got Oblivion from Steam. Couple questions:
>Is the Steam version the one all the mods need? I noticed there's 1.21 whatever on Nexus and was curious if I have to update/rollback.
>There's no borderless windowed mode, is there?
>Is unpotating my characters as easy as installing OCO or is there a chargen redux or texture pack I'm missing? What if I wanted a round-faced anime waifu, just make that with the standard chargen or what?
I also love the ragdolls

>decide to do playthrough without fast travel
>remember High Hrothgar

Fuck me.

>jealous of people who actually care about making remotely decent characters.
It's great to know that there will never be this problem between us.

>UUNP is for slut bodies
Really make me think...

Are you using any ENB? What's your video configuration? Can you post a screenshot to show us?

cmon mate i could pump out a webm for that thing in two minutes

I tend to like spells as rewards of some sort. It's apt that you used the Dark Souls comparison earlier, you find your spells and find your teachers, becoming a better magic user through exploration and overcoming challenges. Gothic II also did this well, you 'become' your class by gaining favor with one of several factions, and then learning abilities from them, but not all at once, instead in tiers as you advance through their number over the course of the game.

If you're really interested in a full one spell mod, I'd recommend one, or both, of those approaches, as is solves many of the problems with systems where you can buy anything early, as well as systems where you get new abilities simply for leveling up.

I like the idea of the orbs, spell combos like that can be a lot of fun. More importantly, since you were designing the lightning spear, it got me thinking about conjured weaponry. I went looking for an animation where the character looks to fling a spear-like entity but couldn't find one. I wonder if just having the spear appear floating as its prepared, then flung with a wave of the hand would be an interesting visual. More particularly it got me thinking about a conjured spear weapon with the usual conjured weapon visuals that could penetrate and pin enemies it kills to objects behind them.

No real suggestions, just thoughts what you're doing put through my head. If you find it useful, great, if not, no harm done.

Maybe if you're on in 12 hours, I'm pooped from all the editing. Hitting da sack.

Use the fucking OP

I did and it didn't answer all my questions.
It tells me to get the unofficial pack, which specifies a certain update for it so I'm not sure if I shoild roll back or if it's fine. ENB doesn't have Borderless Windowed options. And I don't see any general skin textures like I would in the Wai-fu section.

I know Soolie had some custom spear animations, but I don't feel like going through Fnis and shit.

Most likely I'll edit the idle spell animation to be someone holding a thunderbolt, and have the charge up pull the spear into the hand, and then fire with the whatever.

Or maybe I'll just recolor the effect. The point is too often spell authors don't know the finer details, don't know how to script and don't know how to model 3d stuff.

But generally, I agree. We get lots of cool effects but nothing to really change combat styles. Sure, you can do all sorts of wacky stuff, but against a dragon you're still going to be spamming your highest mana to power spell and it gets dull.

I wanna create some spells that encourage vanilla spells and modded spells to be used in more interesting and creative ways. Like, say, a spell that reduces the enemy's level by half, so that your fury or fear spell will work on them.

Lots of possible venues, so little time. Still, any suggestions are more than welcome. For every fallout 4 mod I've made usually 50% of it are fan suggestions that I polish up.

The Steam version is fine. No idea if there's a windowed mode or not, I've never bothered looking.

Search for retextures like Ozmo's or use Enhanced Genetic Overhaul. Never tried the latter, but it looks pretty anime.

If you're having trouble installing Ozmo's textures, try out Natural Faces and Improved Facial Textures. They're not as nice, but better than vanilla. Oh, and grab Better Redguards and Orismer Overhaul.

Learn to god damn fucking read.

Kalicolas Enhanced Graphics, IIRC. I'll post a screenshot after work, I probably messed around the ENB Menu for god knows how long because at that time I was still having transparency issues and shadow issues as well.

What is his story?

He killed children and was born with the face of a brick and he married a literal whore.

Installing Oblivion Reloaded will get you borderless windowed mode and OCO is just one of many vanilla race overhauls, if you want an actually good looking character you'll want to find a custom race.

Natural Faces and IFT are just base texture mods that cover misc textures most other cosmetic mods won't touch. Kind of like the HD texture pack for Skyrim.

Why are you acting like such a sperg? The OP site is a clusterfuck.

>born with the face of a brick
Guess it explains the "stone" in "Snakestone", but what about the snake?

His personality. A double tongued lying snake.

I expected a penis joke but that's fine too.

For the user that wanted the helmet/any dress-up freaks like me:

mega.nz/#!pUhQBDKB!5f290n46umoF-ms2CFlsyfPbse7A5bCePpXUqvyPiGs

Shut up Cumtears.

Fuck off Alexei. I still won't forgive you for impersonating me.

Why are you acting like schoolgirls?

/tesg/ is full of high school cliques.

stop being ashamed of your gay inclinations and suck a dick already, what are you, fourteen?

High schoolers can write more than 2 autistic sentences.

Who is this semen demon

Can someone post that Todd visual novel webm again?

r8 my Sliderfu
will post bod in lewd and boy it looks good

What the fuck did you do to Chiana?

Fucking horrendous.

stop consuming so much weeb shit and look at real people as references.

Do you have any evidence to back that up or is it just mindless finger-pointing as usual
Unblock me on Steam so we could talk.

>being this paranoid

>being this paranoid

>no Ordinator build guides like vanilla guides that ESO, Fudgemuppet and Camelworks keep regurgitating

>wanted to try Archery overhaul
>uniform draw speed invalidates Ordinator perks and feels like cheating

Why would you want a guide? I suppose you could check a few out to make a rough sketch of your build, but you should really build around mod combinations that you like.

>uniform draw speed invalidates Ordinator perks and feels like cheating
Can you elaborate?

>build guide

Do you really need one with Uncapper?

AGO sets 0.83s draw speed for every single bow regardless of perks.

Yeah, but how would that be cheating? Wouldn't you be wasting perk points?

Having it set that low by default even at level 1 just feels kinda cheap to be honest.

post more nim with normal skin color and eyes, i like that version

Every bow user benefits from it. I played with AGO and Ordinator last year, but I didn't really spend much perks in archery. It does make bows a bit unbalanced in general, I'll give you that.