/scg/edg/ Star Elite: Citizen Dangerous General #170

THARNEGROIDS CONFIRMED FOR 2.4 EDITION
"i wonder how long this thread will last after user goes to bed?" - sub edition

>ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe
Be aware, Thargs are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace and giving out complementary rectal probings, it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible, or just go with it if that's your thing, I ain't tellin you how to live. Apparently the Ayylmaos are rumbling again, inquire within if this means goddamned thing or if its just Braben trying to scare up some more money.

announcement vid /w contribution from our lord braben: youtube.com/watch?v=PX49v8zYutI

youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

3.0 Scheduled for release on or about June 29th make that July 12th, stand by for further delays in two weeks.
>newFAQs
pastebin.com/pmUsuxhf
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

ded thred:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=usf7oYdglcY&t=337s
twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/875403439521529857
youtube.com/watch?v=L4m2nwn5wT8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Literally static content 2: thargoid boogaloo

>Star shitizen literally never
>3.0 is a meme
>billions of money were harvested
>singleplayer part was staged
>framerate fix never, network is dead
>MUH SHIPS, BUY THEM
>sells jpgs for 300 first world monies
>whales and cultists will defend this

>

>another one dead

HAHAHAHAH crobert niggers kysed?

fdev feeding us community goals and spamming emails
thargoids hitting at Q3 2017 and introduces more grind
fuck this guys I am going back to sleep
wake me up when 2.4 hits
I suggest the same for all /edg/e lords left out there

Is multicrew ever gonna come to the base game or am I just gonna have to wait for a sale on Horizons

Why do you not want to support Frontier in developing the game?

Will Showers actually have a use or will they just occupy space? It will ruin my immersion if I can't erp nude in the shower with my space G.I.R.L.friend.

Nah we're just bored and there nothing to talk about, hibernating, not dead.

We all knew the risks, or at least should have, going in. We took them willingly. I won't claim the wait isn't wearing on me, but still I regret nothing.

I imagine they'll do nothing although it'd expect animations for using them if not only because SQ42 and Croberts wanting the useless, but cool shit. GTA V style. It depends on how far down the "survival" hole they end up going.

Although speaking as an ERP degenerate I hope we get a ton of dumb murshion shit like that as well as clothing that we can keep on our ships to Barbie with and there to be room to not have to walk around in your EVA suit all time.
Sexually harassing your crewmates is harder when they're wearing thick space suits

I do hold out some hope for degeneracy in SC, I don't expect its going to get an ESRB rating at all but if it does, it will be M already, which means it can have titties, and titties have become increasingly common in video games lately without much outrage or fanfare. Witcher3 has nudity all over and was extremely well received, and some of the more niche games like Conan Exiles have straight up full frontal and thats even on steam. Perhaps we are finally crossing into the brave new world of post-puritanical entertainment.

Having to push buttons on a pad inside your ship just to land doesn't seem very fun

it seems bulky and frustrating. What the fuck were they thinking? Especially if someone is using a joystick and not a mouse.

>big reveal
>those octagonal organic Thargoid ships are Thargoids
youdontsay.tar.jpg.arj.tiff

You'll still be able to keybind everything, this is just giving the option of doing it by button for MUH IMMERSHUN

get a throttleblock with 8 gorillion toggles on the base and bind them all to startup/takeoff/landing/shutdown functions.

I have pic related, the stick was junk and Ive replaced it with a CH fighterstick, but the throttle is serviceable.

anyone here running SC on a ryzen processor? Does it do ok?

post ships you wish didn't suck dick because they look awesome or fly really well

Because fuck Braben and his dadvision

;_;

So we're halfway through June and coming to the end of the production schedule that CIG revealed

How behind are they? How long until they announce the next delay?

Sq42 ever?

>post ship that use incomplete alpha feature and complain about them not being overpowered
fixed that for you

>fidelity
STOP

>exploring in ED
>decide to go to center of the galaxy
>only halfway there after 4 days

WHY DID I DO THIS

Don't worry, got you covered

VISION + dadism

I wonder if we'll get non-vacuum infantry armor?
I would guess not, but it would be kinda neat to have.

SHHHHH STOP GIVING CHRIS MORE IDEAS

The scope has already ballooned so much it's being tracked by the Hubble

I fucking hate the forumdads

why?

youtube.com/watch?v=usf7oYdglcY&t=337s

wow, it's fucking nothing!

Yup. They probably meant to have something more by now and decided to show us a a part where they forgot to write some code.

3.0 is probably still at least a month away.

Since you guys mess with virtual space ships, how long has star trek online general been dead?

Forumdads are already demanding an option to opt out of the upcoming Thargoid war

Im going to bed soon, don't let it die in my sleep!

elite is good now and start citizen 3.0 to will never release
Getting a refund bye shitizens

hey this thread exists again

The Tally has a bunch of issues but the bare minimum for the exterior would make vast improvements.

I'm still playing sort of. Just doing the dailys for the carrier, which is an account ship, which is pretty cool. I wish they would have another good story arc like Delta Rising. I'm just not feeling this Lukari shit and they are dribbling it out so slow, it's hard to remember the story.

guess it's like other lower tier mmos then, not enough activity to have its own general
thought there was an MMO general but that's probably ded too
thanks anyways

>5 and a half more months til ayy lmaos

>lower tier
If there is another mmo like that I would play it. STO sucks because the end game power scaling is fucking ridiculous. I just do the fun bits and dress my captain-fu in casual but not revealing clothing and build hilariously ironic away teams.

Tomorrow's AtV better be fucking magic. I'm not sure we can bump the thread all the way to 3.0 unless we become quasi /b/ in the meantime.

>go to quince with a new beluga on outdated information
>realise they "fixed" it several hours later

We might be able to convince /eog/ (the EVE general) to merge with us into a space MMO general

It would be better to sleep until 3.0 than that. I was surprised to see the thread up before tomorrow.

Because?

Eve isn't in the same category as either SC or ED. It wouldn't be a natural fit, and scg will probably split off after 3.0 anyway. The huge drought to 3.0 is getting close to being over. No sense dragging a dead thread into an office program simulator just for it to be dead there.

Little more time m80.

Do we have any evocati anons to leak 3.0 shit to us?

Wide capture angle or longer range interdicker for giving dads the interdicking?

>developed muscle on spesswomen
I don't think so chum. the pear shaped flabby coder they used as a base male in SC is actually quite accurate for the likely average spacefarer.

>spreadsheet simulator
If you'd actually played it, you'd know that's a myth.

That's right. It's also a waiting simulator.

Yes, but the 5% of the time when shit is actually happening makes up for the 95% of the time you spend waiting.

>95% of the time you spend waiting
You're not selling me on it there champ.

You can reduce it if you know where to hunt for targets, but the thing is, the fun you have after all that waiting is amazing and like nothing else.

>pressing hotbar buttons and playing cooldown whack-a-mole
>amazing and like nothing else

It feels like that because you had to wait a long time to wreck someone else's shit, and your putting your shit at risk at the same time. It's like the video game equivalent of speedball, only without the risk of ODing.
Apparently DayZ and PUBG give you similar feeling, but I haven't played them, so I wouldn't know.
And fuck first-person viewpoint, I have terrible situational awareness and lose site of everything but the target in it.

Just stop until 3.0 is out or in evocati

We couldnt even shitpost this general out of page 10 if we tried. I could sit here for 18 hours til ATV, bumping on cooldown, becoming a god of capcha, and still not see page 5.

4 consecutive threads dead inside 100 posts, and 2-3 days in between attempts. Just stop.

i prefer the wide-angle for close-range shittery. you can basically approach the target practically perpendicular and snag them good.

Is multicrew any good?

Yeah I'm thinking that for when they try to go evasive. Usually if they're unawares enough for me to get right behind them distance isn't an issue anyway.

Threadly reminder that SC will be incomplete without Skintight minimalist vac suits.

Have you tipped the artist that made that? You definitely enjoy posting it. Find more art dammit.

>making a thread for a nongame with no interesting developments and a space truck simulator ran by boring schmucks

Spent all my money on jpegs. Also thats ancient.
And if there was more good fanart of female vanu infiltrator booty I would be posting it. Theres not much and half of it is pretty lewd.

Flyable when?

Soon as they're done breaking it in half so they can charge you for the other half.

I do hope they make the hangar a modular thing
Polaris would go from beinga good generalist to an actal excellent multirole ship if you could repalce the hangar with other stuff.

Goddamn it, House of the Dying Sun is the most satisfying space combat I've experienced in years. CIG should hire that dude to rebalance their shit.

>Polaris would go from beinga good generalist

Delusion is strong with this one

I doubt there'll be nudity, I expect briefs and undershirt/pantsu combo to be the default underwear.
Maybe if they stick with that modability thing we'll be able to do client side nude mods and unlocked sliders like BDO does it.

Lord no. Just make the ship and don't try to multi-task it.

hopefully never

Amazing to see the thread survived. AtV predictions?

dynamic lighting and the boring lives of game devs, delay announcements

>delay announcements
On one hand, I hope they ninja fix the networking problems and just move on.
On the other, I'm sure once they figure out whatever is blocking them with the netcode, we will get a 9 piece mini series on it with an accompanying documentary of the making of the mini series.

QA

HULLOOOOoooooOOOOO

generalist cap ship, its a basic bitch patrol ship with capacity for one fighter and a limited anti-cap strike capability. For a cap-ship, it's a role flexible jack of all trades. I am not trying to imply that its a daily driver or that you should use it to do cargo runs.

I'm saying if it was given a large modular socket, which by default is equipped as a hangar bay, if would be an extremely versatile hull, able to be refit into a far wider range of fleet and solo-operation roles.

>client side nude mods
lole

It works for WoW.

Scott Dadly wouldn't know fun game play if he saw it. Just make PP count, and exile Sandro to a remote Aleutian island.

Post em.

pathetic

jealous

small

I don't know how this brain-damaged idiot even came to that conclusion. The overwhelming complaints about Elite have to deal with the game being an incoherent mess that doesn't know what it wants to be. Nobody gives a shit about Ftroop's retarded alien plot, and if they do, it's because they're holding on to the false hope that introducing aliens will somehow fix everything else that is broken in the game.

What is this new SC thing with the access denied?

twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/875403439521529857

Netcode episode incoming

another cringe worthy special ship sale

Cool. Been waiting to see that.

ATV up.