/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC.
youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
-Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
-Extended footage: mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31388446

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free.
youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-ps4-boss-explains-why-sony-wont-do-cross-p/1100-6450938/
twitlonger.com/show/n_1spuvtg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

World is probably going to be fun.

Firts for capcoms doom

And if it isn't, well, you know what happened to 4 ->4U
Based Fujioka

Tencent will buy out Capcom and bring Estrellian to World!

post yfw you didn't buy a switch

this grappling hook is still fucking bullshit

It could definitely be alright as its own thing, I guess.

Will MHW still have cute stuff like the Meowstress?

I just want /v/ to leave so we can go back to hunting rooms. I didn't want a new game if all it brought was endless shitposting, golden faces, people screaming SONIPONI and NINTENTODDLER from both sides, etc. I really hope when worlds comes out we don't get more of the same thing

Looks fun as well.

No.

Chatting while hunting is a hassle. I don't want to be forced to small talk with kids and degenerates. I just want to hunt. XX will still be the best monhun in 2018

>Separate portable series gets announced
>Even more shitflinging

What happened? Both were great coming off 3U.

How can it be the best if 4U is still the best?

4 was filled with poor decisions, 4U is still the best MH.
I mean Fujioka will likely fix anything wrong in the G game.

No. It's a game aimed at mature gamers only.

Will 4U still have online in 2018?

Yes, it's P2P

Monster Hunter...?

4U has the worst maps in the series. It's borderline unplayable because of it. Fujioka doesn't fix shit.

>portable MH died overnight

to think this day would come, I feel so empty and upset

>4U has the worst maps in the series

Only until early 2018.

How does it have the worst maps in the series retard?

The next word you post will probably be ledges. Fuck off

How many years until true open world?

Never going to disagree with you here.
2.5x bigger areas, smells like shit, it's exactly why Gen 2 Volcano is horseshit.

>gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-ps4-boss-explains-why-sony-wont-do-cross-p/1100-6450938/
So we're all getting World on PC and Xbone, right?

So what's the deal, so we just laugh Nintendolts out of these generals now that Monster Hunter has made its way to real systems?

At first was happy that I would be able to play new game with PCfriends fags and continue to delve into Portable on the go. Then Capcom did a flip a broke their neck.

Question, maybe it's not Capcom to blame yes it is and it's just because consolewarsfags from Spony and Nendo can't properly share the JAP market?

>they actually removed the flexing animation

This is the end of this general, shit posting will only get worse, especially after Nintendo makes their next move.

You didn't lose anything, Ichinose's games are terrible, but on the 20th you might lose mainline.

Is lance good in 4U?

>there'll be people right here in this general who'll defend the removal and even praise capcom for "getting rid of anime"

What I'm guessing Capcom is doing is that they'll continue portable MHs in Japan where Japs definitely love the handheld market instead of the rampant hatred and spitting in the face they got with Gen and 4U and they'll develop more stuff like Worlds for the west.

It all makes sense, really. Separate your playerbase accordingly on which region likes what kind of playstyle. Since the west bitched so hard that MH was running 240p 30 fps, that showed capcom the west wanted a home console MH, while Japs are perfectly content with handheld. And for the western players that want handheld MHs, well, lol. Should have tried harder to convince capcom.

>v.hollow, area 4 of ancestral steppe, etc.

It's de-animed! Because da West XD

Look at all the cheaters in Dark Souls on PC. Do really want to be exposed to that shit? No thanks, I will stick to PS4, thanks.

You mean going back to their roots?

>"IT'S NOT A MAINLINE GAME OR IT WOULD BE CALLED 5"
>"IT'S NOT CALLED 5 ERGO IT ISN'T MAINLINE"
>Interview with devs states it was literally going to be called 5 but they liked the name world better

Top zozzle

>drop in muliplayer
>ingame voice chat
>no more superman flex when eating
>damage numbers

Source?

It died when nobody is buying MHXX HD

Definarely PC unless PS4 content would be something significant or release delay would be too long.

Good.

3 out of 4 ain't bad

Leave

How about the "oh shit" run when running away from a large monster? I didn't see that. MHW is no fun.

Ever heard of phones?

They're just saving face for perception reasons. It's a spinoff with a purpose to test the waters in how they can sell this weeaboo shit outside their main audience.

Luckily we still have the discord. Nothing but quality discussion in there.

Ignore him, idiot.

MHW could launch with six monsters and /v/ would still try to say anyone that complains about it is only complaining because it's not on nintendo.

It's not called 5 because in case this fails massively, they can still crawl back and make an actual MH5 saying that MHW was just an experiment and whatever

How varied the emergent ecologies will be? Will you be able to catch monsters mating together?
This is important.

I wish video stores were still a thing around here so I could just rent a console until the PC version is out. I hope the PC version leaks early somehow.

What was the defense for Tri's roster?

didn't 4U and Gen sell well in the west? what was the thought process that lead to ''yeah, we need to completely overhaul MH for the west'' ?

There wasn't one. Because the people that talked about monster hunter actually played monster hunter and complained about it and weren't just shitposters

14 year franchise not being a factor for that change? MGS took 20 years for a change.

$$$
Why settle for "sells well" when you could get even more?
Devs generally won't stop with the wider audience approach until the game is bought by every single console owner.

>CantaPerMe saying open world is good because it will explore the lore of MH world

lorefags should just kill themselves

It's not pic related
They have interesting ecologies that take enviroment into consideration. Seriously, look at Barroth, Barioth and Uragaan.
Basically, every monster is handcrafted right down to the attention to detail.
The only bad stinker is Alatreon, and the only excuses I can come up so far is that he's supposed to be a Tolkien-esque dragon that is meant to appeal to mature audiences.

Capcom is going to expect at least 6 million sales with the amount of money they are investing.

And when it doesn't sell that much the series is dead there won't be some glorious return to form they will just kill it just like they did with devil may cry.

That's clearly the panic run though.

We will finally here what this weeb sounds like. I bet he sounds weird and girly.

I've reached Amatsu in MHP3RD at last

Whats the easiest way to kill him, I legit just want to kill him as easily as possible so I can be done at last ill make whatever or use anything

B-but fatalis is the most "tolkien" looking dragon...

Yes you are right. I was imagining it wrong. I just checked in 4U and it looks about the same. There's still hope for MHW!

>Whats the easiest way to kill him
Hit him with your weapon.

They better not have fucked up HBG. I can't live without muh gun.

you can just nor answer, dude

Not all things need change my dude, some are fine just the way they are. Look at Dragon Quest, it's been faithful to its roots for 20 years now and only making graphical improvements, everything that made people fall in love with it it's still there.

Well MH is fucked when this is the kind of person that wants to be the new audience.

Only homos like May use hbg. So I say good riddance to a slow boring weapon. A machine gun at least looks like it'd be fun.

They sold well, but most people still bitched and moaned for an actual HD release. Hell, look at the amount of potential Dauntless buyers and people who wanted a MH experience on PC. Capcom is giving the West exactly what people have been asking for by putting all their eggs in one basket.

>still hasn't replied to me
Lol.

REEEEEEEEEE AT LEAST ALATREON IS NOT FRONTIER LIKE DHISFIROA

It really has managed to stay free of /v/.

>alatreon any better than disufiroa
at least disu doesn't look like a literal turd

And then I'll be kicked. /mhg/ is going to get even more cliquey than the discord and randoms will be kids and druggies and dude bros wanting to talk shit all the time. Then there'll be all the Euros who don't speak any English talking in there gibberish. If the bot isn't there to save us from it then online will be a chore to deal with. Better to just solo hunt.

>Fight random chicken wyvern
>Using Sword n Shield because its safe
>Slowly lose hope as I stare at the slow-ass health depletion
>Turn off PS4 and shitpost on /mhg/ for years to come

I haven't played a MH game since Portable 3rd, but the new announcement's peaked my interest in the series again.

I'm assuming Generations is MH5 and World will be MH6?

hell no, gen is a shit spinoff, worlds is MH5

>can move while drinking potion
>elevator zones masquerading as loading screens
>can change equipment midhunt like a casual
>damage numbers
>30 fps on a big boy console
>cinematic uncharted bullshit
>no flexing
>removal of hitzones, everything is same damage xDDDD

Defend this

It's a spin off? I don't understand, but is it bad or wasn't well received?

Where is half of this even confirmed? The developer interview only mentions like 1/4 of that

>no hitzones
What, where did you get that?

twitlonger.com/show/n_1spuvtg

Gen is the worst MH to date.

4U is the best 3DS MHun

*best monhun ever
FTFY

Is that the general consensus here? What went wrong? And I might just wait for Worlds then

I don't even want those damage numbers. I like just sensing when the monster is close to dead based on its behavior/animations. Or when I've been fighting a monster for a long time stupid crown Garuga and it suddenly falls over dead and I am pleasantly surprised. And very tired.

>Source: your rectum
Defend THIS

casualized the series with anime moves

I still want XX in the west anyway, if they gonna use this as excuse to bail on it I will be freakin pissed.

4U and Gen are both shit, just wait for World to blow them completely out of the water.

DOODLE, THE FOURTEEN WEAPONS!

>What went wrong?
Hunting Arts and Hunting Styles

DQX is a very big shift tho. Also see here which version of DQXI is selling more.