ITT: Good guy car brands

ITT: Good guy car brands

Other urls found in this thread:

osv.ltd.uk/how-reliable-are-skoda/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Second SAAB

They went against GM and made safe luxury cars without having to look like attention whore carriers.

skoda and or seat

thirding saab
too soon :''''''(

dont know there but here seats fr and cupra are the official boyracer douche car

they died for our sins

Saab is shit

gm cucks have arrived

shhht inferior chevy owner

gone with rifle in his hand

I hate chevy too but I'm no saab apologist

Name one bad thing about Saab

the viggen, i am stuck DD a convertible viggen and its the worst attempt at competing in the high performance coupe/sedan ever made, and im a legit saab fanboy

>DD'ing a vert
nigger, that's your own damn fault and you know it

>ugly
>front wheel drive
>not fun to drive
>unreliable

>Ugly
Subjective, and your opinion sucks
>front wheel drive
You mean Fun Wheel Drive
>not fun to drive
See above
>unreliable
Complete bullshit

okay bitter saab babby

>ugly
Just wrong
>fwd
Only a problem for autist bench racers like you
>not fun
Have you driven a SAAB?
They're absolute comfy
>unreliable
My family has gone through 2 900i, 1 9000s, 2 9-3s, 4 9-5s, we still have two of the 9-5s, along with several family friends owning Saabs
Literally only had problems with one 9-3, everything else has been going strong with minimal maintenance other than services.

Saab was a good company they didn't bend over to GMs desire to make shitty cars for profit, they were always autistic about safety, and they kept manufacturing in Sweden/Finland (apart from the 9-4, which they didn't build much of anyway)

I bet you're a drone that drives some soulless shitbox chevy

All of your family drives soulless chevy shitboxes

Millionded Saab

I have a 2006 Aero 9-3. It fucking beats any bimmer or Audi for a tenth of the price.

BTW: (My uncle knows alot of former Saab employees and he says they are coming back soon)

Is Haldex reliable? I've been planning to buy a TarboX for a while now, but still don't know how fucked can it get.

Just make sure the haldex bits have been serviced properly, if not then stay away.

9-5 masterrace, I like it for a sedan but not as fun as my riced gti

Yeah. Not as fun in ricing out or going medium fast in corners as my old shit audi TT

This.

I can corner ~50 pretty comfortably, but the gti used to be able to pull way harder without a problem
Tbh if I didn't get fucked over on an R32 I'd be driving that over the 9-5, but this is what was local when I needed something new

Good guy Musk.

What does he mean by coming back soon?

Talking about NEVS?

its only a couple weeks

Absolutely love my 93

This and Saab

that's an aero,right?

No its not. All aero came from the dealer with 18" or 19.5" wheels those are 17s I am guessing.

Pic related my Aero with 19.5" wheels

No man. The chinks are eager to use the established EUROPEAN brand and sell them like hot cakes back home. The Finland plant if I was not mistaken. And if they aren't as stupid as GM and let them do their thing bring over some people from BMW or Merc like Kia did, they have a good chance.

No NEVS is also with a deal with the chinks. A huge deal actually, so I'll probably get one of those.

Saab never really died. Its only a hiatus is my bet.

What engine is in your 9-5?

It is an Aero

Good guy mazda. Will forever be the last manufacturer of manual transmission cars.

but only up to early 90s.

Know-nothing idiot
Memer who has never had a Saab
Maybe idiot maybe truckfag
Correct

>my benz is from 1996

a-am i still good?

Mazda is probably the only manufacturer I'd ever buy a brand new car from.

Specifically no

>never had a saab
Wrong, tard
Pic related, left is mine, middle is my dads

Ford
VW
Toyota
Audi
Fiat

All these Saab bros. Fuck GM tbqh

>Family destroys 10+ saab in the same timeframe as people are driving the same twingo

>Thinks it's reliable.

>destroys
>8 people over 20 years
Ok senpai

yes, their only sin was not being able to compete in North America

>Melbournian

2.3t
Not lackluster but doesn't accelerate quite as fast as I'd like it to

Get it tuned then nigga
Can get some mad power out of the 4 cylinders

My city of leftist scum

The pinion bearing in my saab 900 is made out of wishes and prayers.
The windshield washer tank in my saab 9000 cracks on a mild turn.
The SID cable on my saab 9-3 is actually spaghetti.

All cars have something wrong with them. SAABs are pretty damn great(some were shit though), and in my opinion were the best daily drivers available at their time considering performance, safety and comfort.

There are better sports cars through, but for a daily driver sedan.. even a now 10 year old 9-5 aero holds its own.

Been lookin at a stage 1 ecu tune and tightening the suspension but I've been spending a lot of money on /k/ shit lately and have no leftover funds

Been thinking of trading in my 9-3 for something a bit smaller with rwd, like a 1 series or something, but i cant bring myself to do it. Nothing will have as much character and individuality as my Saab. All about those quirks.

Saab has been dead too long to pull a volvo-esque revival. Also, GM kept all the IP, which was the real value in saab.

not real saaab

Didn't the chinese buy Saab to get a hold of patents and stuff?

The 2.3 is mad tho. But yeah. Have you ever driven the 3.0 v6 9-5?

Literally the only manufacturer I'd currently buy a manual from.

when will you retards learn
comfy car = a car is better at being a living room than a car
its literally the opposite of fun because fun requires the car to be uncomfy

you think that until you get a real car.
Get an MR2
keep saab as winter beater
No excuse to not have comfy basic bitch daily and a madman hoon machine

If I didn't already have a great car I'd buy an older Saab for sure.

Not every car is meant to be some autist hoons dorshitfu funbox

Regardless you can tune them for some fucking mad sleeper pull potential, people don't expect Saabs to go as fast as they can

Nope, this is my first experience with a saab actually. It's been good to me as a DD that I can push to triple digits if the highway is empty though

>fun = not fun
gg

It isnt all that fast, but really torqey. The 2.3 is better though

Yes. Straight line cruising and winter driving is what its made for.

If you ever decide to get one of the newer GM ones, you easily push almost 250-300 hp with a simple tune.

So there's that.

>unreliable

>buying diesel SAABs
kys

Should already be 260, no?

That is Aero I think, has higher pressure turbo

>skoda and or seat
This guy knows what's up. Skoda is like Mercedes meets the reliability and price of Toyota.
And SEAT is underappreciated as well, the Leon Cupra is a beast to rival the Focus RS.
>Know-nothing idiot
The Skoda Octavia RS would like a word.

Really?
I figured that Skoda would bej ust like all the other vagshit

Seconding. I'd love an Octavia RS.

As said. The Aero has the 19t turbo. Pretty decent and cheap and realitively easy + great upgrade if you want to wrench.

>Regardless you can tune them for some fucking mad sleeper pull potential, people don't expect Saabs to go as fast as they can
This. Mr. Almostquads is right.
No-one expects an old crusty swedish land barge to be a mover, so you can get up to some incredibly cheeky antics.

If you do that maintenance, which is light, then you are golden.

No, Skoda is what VW should be. They are bulletproof, fun to drive, very light maintenance, and cheap to buy and own.

This guy knows what he talking about.

American here, checked this brand out for the first time ever. So besides a better looking badge and grill/hood, what's the difference between this and a Passat?

>bulletproof
Well I don't know about that, I know a total of 7 octavias build between 2010-2015 that fucked up big time between 60k km and 160k km, they suffer from the same problems every vag-car has. 4 of them were coworkers cars, 2 company cars, one is a friend's car
>DSGs break
>two-mass-flywheels break
>drive-shafts crumble apart
>coworkers wife nearly crashed after servo-pump broke
>turbos break
Most coworkers switched to bmw afterward

Suzuki is a good guy car brand imo

Never made the 9-6x

aero x*

Did your uncle also work for nintendo?

Does he know people working on NEVS?

>In the 2015 J.D Power Dependability Survey that put Skoda in first place, Suzuki were placed third with 86 problems per 100 vehicles, and Volkswagen were a bit further down in eighth place with 95 problems per 100 vehicles.

>In the Telegraph survey, again where Skoda came first, Suzuki came second, with 79 problems per 100 vehicles. Volkswagen increased their standing to sixth from eighth the year before, with 92 problems per 100 vehicles.

>The most dependable Skoda cars are;

>-Octavia
>-Fabia
>-Roomster

>These have scored very well on the reliability index.

osv.ltd.uk/how-reliable-are-skoda/

It looks like your friends got bad batch. Bongs still buy them anyway.

Well, Volkswagen is always going to rattle somewhere. If you pay enough to fix it, it's going to start rattling somewhere else. The usual and full 9 VW yards.

Plus, Skoda is fun to say. Really fun. Skoda. Skoooda.

I really like the design of the Rapid as well, pic related, too bad they don't make a hot hatch version of that one.

Just don't go full retard like I did. Anything beyond stage IV is not comfy for a DD. You'll stare down the reaper with ever pedal press over 1/4 down as the torque steer tries to test the 5 star crash safety rating. You'll stare him down and arm wrestle for control of your swedish chariot and your soul.

So it's basically the same, but built by more competent people?

Yep. Without the deserved dude-bro reputation of the GTIs, even.

>Skoda is what VW should be
>built by more competent people

VW built by Turks
Skoda built by Whites or Czechs or Western Slavs if you like.

>Western Slavs

lol it's so true. It's not a total shithole, but you can definitely tell you're east of the Iron Curtain.

>mfw I stepped off the train in Prague

>good guy brand SAAB
>goes defunct
Good guy SAAB set up the security in their cars to be impenetrable to the layman. while this is fine but the company went belly up and took all of their programming tools and diagnostic equipment to the grave with them. No GM dealers will even touch the cars, at least, around here they don't. A lost key in a SAAB these days is a death sentence to the car. Sure the key can be remarried to the cars TWICE module but who here has a TECH2 programmer and dealer only programming software?Oh and you need to program the car for a new headlight if yours gets damaged or it will flicker. fuck SAAB.

Everyone knows Volvo is more good guy than SAAB.

I have a tech2 lol as do any vauxhall dealer

Wrong

sure let me go find a US Vauxhall dealer real quick. brb.

Tbh you clearly aren't in the trade if you can't get hold of a tech2. So you should be paying someone else to do this stuff. As Saab intended.

an official tech2 plus software is over $2000. sure you can do alot with a MODUS or SOLUS but you can't program a new TWICE unit, key or SID.
>as saab intended
good guy car brand lets you own the car and maintain it. free as in freedom.

If you need to do OE diagnostics for GM stuff then you have one. And if not, then you're not in the trade. GM stuff is super common matey