What does Veeky Forums think of the Volvo V90?

What does Veeky Forums think of the Volvo V90?

Why can't volvo put a proper engine and RWD on it

WHY
WHY
WHY

Such a gorgeous vehicle ruined by a shitty drive train

Easily one of the sexiest cars on the market right now, and Volvos best design in decades

It also seems to be selling quite well, I see more of those than I do of the new XC90s, which I would not have expected

it would be awesome if it had the v8 from the previous s80 and xc90.

t. volvo v8 owner

less than 1% of volvo owner will care about RWD. the rest of the +99% would rather have the lighter drivetrain or 4wd

i dont like it either, but it makes sense

love the look of it, just wish it had a vertical boot, and a bigger engine.

I like it. If only it had a V8, like E63 Wagon or CLS63 Shooting Brake.

yfw volvo releases POLESTAR editions

>V90R with an 2.5 5 cylinder, 400hp and permanent 4wd

>twincharge
>permanent AWD
>5 banger
>fucktons of torque and power
make it happen volvo.

i didn't know i needed this

>Fully stripped out version going racing

One of the sexiest vehicles of the current century

no lie

legitimate contender for best-looking wagon ever made

>it looks great

Agreed, very much so, but it's expensive :(

Test drove one the other day.

Honestly the small engine isn't that big a deal in the short term. Car had plenty if power and just a slight power lag between foot to floor and acceleration. I just cringe at the thought of maintenance and longevity

>supercharger
>twin turbo

So many heat cycles. So many computers. So many things that can go wrong. Just give me a bullet proof N/A V8/V6, please.

Interior was really nice. Safety is top notch. Touch infotainment and controls were shit. No nobs or switches. Turn on your heated seats via touch. Change a fan speed via touch. Really annoying.

Two questions,

1: How did acceleration feel?

2: How was cabin noise?

Acceleration was fine. Won't blow you away but has the ability to move on an on ramp when you need it.

Cabin was very quiet. Steering was great. The GPS/Camera assisted road sign display on the dash cluster is great. Tells you the current speed limit, when a school zone is approaching, and gives oncoming road signs before you even see them on the road.

I just really didn't like the infotainment. They're trying to be Tesla but they don't have the Tesla software engineers. It's a laggy, ugly UI that controls everything. Wife just got a new VW SUV with knobs and buttons for all the stuff you want (fans, heated seats, volume) and it was really jarring trying to operate basic stuff while driving in the Volvo compared the VW. For a company with the best crash safety in the industry I'm surprised they went with all touch.

I own one, the 254 hp t5 to be exact. It's a nice car overall, fast and comfortable when I'm on roadtrips on the Autobahn however I'm not a big fan of the Steering wheel it just feels to small in my opinion.

1. Acceleration is better than what I had on my V70 as the turbo lag is not as noticeable on the V90 making it feel like the acceleration is quicker and smoother. The higher HP engine options are unpredictable in their initial pace when getting up to speed.
2. Cabin noise is fairly low as the engine cruises at +-1500rpm even at higher speeds. The 4 cylinder does not make a tremendous sound but you'll definitely hear it when speeding up.

volvos have always been surprisingly expensive new. in the 90's, in aus at least, they were costing like 60-70k brand new I think.
luckily they depreciate an insane amount.

They depreciate really fast after the first 100k km that's also the time when I decide to move on to the next one

Great design, uninspiring power train, price point for me is too high for what you're getting.