What is your opinion on buying a Lancer as a first car? Could I do better for the same price or cheaper...

What is your opinion on buying a Lancer as a first car? Could I do better for the same price or cheaper? In highschool so looking for something flashy and fast. Was also looking at 350z but kinda hard to come by around here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l28VqWYJv-M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Buy a Civic and shut the fuck up

Civics are so boring tho.

Your stupid underage as needs boring or else you'll wrap yourself around a tree, dipshit

What's wrong with that?

You know what, you're right
Get a mustang, takes some people out along with yourself

will do. Thanks.

>Lancer as a first car
It's an unremarkable commuter so it's fine for this job, no different to a Civic or Corolla. A 2007 model is mechanically identical to a 2017 model so don't do something stupid like financing a new one. The CVT auto is shit so it's 5MT or nothing with Lancers.

>In highschool so looking for something flashy and fast
>Was also looking at 350z
Might as well just wait for a 350Z or an Infiniti G35 coupe to show up then. Otherwise you'll end up ricing out a base model Lancer and look like a total fag for it.

You seem like the sort of person who'd have a bitch fit if he heard about someone's parents buying them a car. Or a shit driver who crashed his first car.

It's an unrealistic car, and if he really is a teenager, he'll have to be on his parent's policy and unless they're rich, they're not going to be ok paying the price of his 350Z/G35

I would hold off on the lancer if you want something flashy and fast user. If you have a small budget get something with a lot of potential for modifications. Acura/Honda/Mustang/nissan

the 2002-2006 ones with the 4g94 can last 200,000 miles and up easily, while even being beat to shit. manuals are a little bit harder to come by but same gearbox as an eclipse.

if you want power out of a 4g94 turbo is the only answer dont waste money on bolt ons. a custom turbo setup using a oem evo 8 turbo can run around 1200 bucks and can make 200hp and tq to the wheels and theres room to make a little bit more. I think the most ive heard of anyone making on a stock motor was 230hp and 252tq at the wheels.

the 2002-2003 OZ rally models only weigh 2700 pounds, with coilovers and a beefier rear swaybar its extremely fun to drive and corners great.

but parts are harder to come by and tend to be on the more expensive side. not a lot of aftermarket support.

>I know cuz I got one

its a commuter as long as you get the manual. the cvt turns into lawn at after 60k

lawn art

Why do americans take out car loans? Are they low IQ or something?

they don't plan to keep the car so it's more cost effective to spend a small fraction of its price in loan payments over the two years they own it and then get a new one on a new loan with a trade in. you can do this your entire life and own like 200 different brand new cars for the cost of 20 brand new cars.

yes, you are always in debt and are fucked if your cash flow disappears for too long. yes, that happens.

Why not just own your shitbox Landcruiser for the next 30 years?

the only people around here who drive lancers are fukbois. so now that you know that...

I own a 2016 Lancer ES Sport, so hopefully I can give you a realistic perspective rather than just shit posting. For starters, as others have said, either buy it with the 5 speed manual transmission or don't buy it at all. The CVT is terrible. Moving on, in terms of aesthetics, I think the Lancer is one of the most handsome sedans on the market. It looks absolutely beautiful. The spoiler and the DRLs on the 2016 version enhance the car's looks even more. Also, as mentioned above, mechanically, the car is running the same specs from 2008 onwards, so the engine is tried and true. Incredible reliability. As for 'flashy and fast', the lancer definitely looks sporty, but it's by no means 'fast'. With the manual, you can have a fun time, and if you really work through the gears and get into the powerband, you'll get a pretty nice kick out of the torque from 2nd and 3rd gear. Foot down from second through to fourth is fun at first, but the novelty will wear off relatively quick. What I find hasn't worn off, is a big downshift, from say 4th to 2nd with a revmatch, and then stomping the throttle, that'll get you a smile every time. Where the car really shines is its handling. Despite being FWD, it's still incredibly nice to throw around corners. Very responsive and predictable. Lots of downforce as well thanks to the spoiler. Fuel economy is very mediocre. I get about 400KM to a tank (ausfag), although to be fair, I drive in a rather spirited fashion. Regardless, fuel economy is still definitely nothing to write home about. Good storage space, relatively roomy car, decent seats (although lacking in side support when you want to throw it around corners), an acceptable radio, and a surprisingly impressive sound system. I got the base model 2L, I would have liked the 2.4L, but they only come in auto, and I wanted the manual. A bit more torque would have been nice. Anyway, I hope this helped user. Personally, I love my Lancer.

Here's a video of me driving my lancer on track if you're interested

youtube.com/watch?v=l28VqWYJv-M

just buy an old mirage based lancer with a 1.8 engine. doesn't matter if its a v6 or i4.

And a Lancer isn't? The Civic will be reliable and provide the same experience.

signature dickhead p plater car here in aus, besides falcodores with shitty black rims and na skylines

they're good cars tho, not gonna lie

Why drop a ton of cash at once when you could keep most of the cash in hand over time and just pay a small amount more as a convenience fee?

What's wrong with the cvt?

I don't really agree, in fact I swear that Lancer drivers are typically pretty decent. Might just be confirmation bias though. Dickhead drivers in Australia imo are soccer mums with 4WD's that have never seen the bush in their life, or big V8 landcruisers that speed everywhere, or bloody tradies in utes. Take your pick mate hahaha

Mostly they're unreliable, which takes away the whole point of the lancer. And also they're just very boring to drive.

The manual lancers shit on the auto, it's bullet proof.

Any lancer considered flashy and fast is too much for a first car unless you've got lots of your own time to put into maintenance. Costs can be decieving with turbo models. It can make an awesome commuter you can fix up a little but if you want it to be a ralliart or evo youll be waisting your time and money.
>almost my first car