How much money do I need to buy a car in Ontario that's actually worth buying? 1 grand? 2 grand?

How much money do I need to buy a car in Ontario that's actually worth buying? 1 grand? 2 grand?

Whatever the cost of a lease on a new shitbox is. I see the way you fucking idiots drive. I'm sure the Singh's took real good care of their car.

$2,000-$3,000 will get you something worthwhile

>Lease
Good goy.

How much would it cost to put a motor on my bicycle then...

Electric bikes can cost a few thousand too. Just get a cheap lease for a VW Jetta or Civic or Corolla they're like $100 or $150 a month.

>buy $3k shitbox
>engine rebuild 100km's later $3k
>tranny rebuild 200km's later $3k
>sell for $500

m-muh depreciation

>Not forming an attachment to your shitbox and loving it enough to keep it on the road.

>kilometers
I will annex you.

Doesn't work like that in Canada. Unless you want to dump money into a pointless pile of rust. Some poointheloo will eventually hit you and write the car off anyways.

Down in New Zealand we try to keep our cars alive as long as we can. Still a ton of pre-war cars still on the road.

What sort of engine rebuild costs $3000? I can totally understand transmissions because working on those is almost a totally different skill, but someone would be a fool ti Pay that price on an engine rebuild.

Rust kills most cars here before they reach 10 years old. Plus it's a hardcore throw away society here. People usually lease a new car every 4 years.

>What sort of engine rebuild costs $3000?

A normal engine rebuild in the real world.... Let me guess... You're one of those people that thinks it's $50 and a afternoon to change the apex seals in a rotary?

That is so goddamn wasteful. I feel bad even throwing out a kettle.

It's not a bad thing. Let normies do what they do best - consume. Without them economy would be shit.

why have an unsustainable economy built on people buying and throwing away useless shit?

I will never understand people like that.
Whoops, something broke slightly better throw away whatever it is and buy a new one...

Where in Canada do you live? Never experienced anything you're talking about in the prairies or west coast.
>rust kills most cars before 10
>most cars
>10 years
Exaggerate harder.

Stop asking stupid questions and live as you like. Just don't question how normie world works because you can live your autist life because normie world fucking works.

Northern Alberta. I wish I were fucking exaggerating. You can literally see rust progressing on cars as they sit. Even if you go to a new car lot you'll see surface rust everywhere. It's not a big deal in the west coast or the prairies because the temperature stays constant. Here we got Chinooks which carry 30 degree temp swings which destroy metal and the MgCl.

We canuckistanis have to salt our roads daily in the winter. Driving in 3 cm deep slush with 50% salt content while it's -15*c out will demolish even the best maintained car. 8 years is a very good lifespan for a car thats winter driven in Winnipeg or Thunder bay.

Why don't you open rustproofing shop? Seems like you gonna have constant flow of clients Sand blasting + rust proof coating

Most people here don't even bother. They don't even wash their cars here. They just replace it.

If there is market for second hand cars then there are people who would want to stop rust.

In terms of used cars:
>2k for something thatll run
>3k for something running good
>4k for an older car in decent shape
>5-7k for a reasonable commuter
>7-10k for something comfortable
>10-15k for more recent/nice
>15-20k luxury or off lease
>20k+ for luxury chinkmobiles
Again this is the USED market.

Only boomers and old people take care of their cars these days. That's why people give up trying to find a used car and spend the $150 a month on a lease. The used market is fucked here.

im in vancouver so im assuming its the sameish shit.

your gonna need about 6 to 8 grand for something that does not have glaring issues

>this pic
h-how
i mean, i can see that it's partially cut out, but still. and it's relatively new car, 60's vw bettles abandoned on backyards in poor villages are in better shape

>salt preserves food, no reason it shouldn't work for cars

Best place to find a used car?

That's what happens when you use water based paint and shitty metal.