How to not get fucked by insurance

I'm going to need to buy a car soon, I don't know anything about them really, and I don't want to spend a lot of money on one, nor the insurance.

I put this off as long as possible, but now I need one.
For what it's worth, I have insanely good credit and about 20 grand in the bank. I don't have a license, I'm 22 living at home, and I need a way to get to work. I've got about a month to accomplish all this.

All I need in a car is at least two seats that will get me from point A to point B and last a few years. I'm trying to do this without paying out the ass for insurance as well.

CBR600rr

I'd like to go with a bike, but my cousin got hit by a drunk driver a month ago while he was riding his, killing him instantly.

So will your parents not let you get one or something? As far as which car to get, I don't know, I'm not familiar with most cars.

It's dangerous man. Even if I'm abiding by all laws, there's always that chance someone will fuck up, and that could be the end for me.

Go with the second highest plan your insurer offers.

Look for something your grandparents would drive.

Don't do this. You get discounts for safety features. Boomers are notorious for being sitting drivers and literally just parking in the middle of a 2 lane road to make a judgement. Literally happened me to today as I tried to navigate around a double parked car so I have to go a bit closer to the center line and a boomer was doing the same on the other side except they just parked right on the yellow preventing anybody from doing anything. They just sat there like a frozen computer

Yeah they drive like fucking idiots but they pay the least for insurance. You're going to pay a lot more insurance for a Fiesta ST vs a Ford Fusion.

Well that has to do with insurance groups. Oddly enough they have almost nil to do with the speed of the car but more about the classification of it. It also has to do with the number of that car that have been involved in accidents and shit. I wish morons would stop getting cool cars. Even the fucking SI is sometimes considered a sport car...fucking morons.

Find a decent garage and check with them for leads on cheap, decent cars.

If you have the money to buy another, just get liability insurance and tell yourself to keep enough money to buy another shitbox if something happens.

What kind of cars fall into "low risk?" I'd much prefer something like an SUV, even a truck.

>there's always that chance someone will fuck up, and that could be the end for me
well that's not what the bikers i talked to said.

what did they say

Something about probabilities and freedom, man.
I can't remember all of it, I had a lot of 151 that day

tell it to my cousin

He was probably a squid.

>tell it to my cousin
I would, but isn't he dead?
Oh, I get it. You weren't serious.

I don't think you get it, user.

>caring if you die

lol pussy

git gud faggit

just as a fair warning.
do not go cheap on your insurances.
i was involved in a wreck a week ago, and after my insurance paid off my car and are still paying for my med bills they told me they were gonna sue the people that hit me for all their money.
i asked why not their insurance and they just said it wasn't good enough
my car alone was a $30,000 check