/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Hope for the future edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM

↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1 (embed)
↳Extended footage: mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31388446

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs

-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread (Cross-thread)

>-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free.
>-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.
when is MHXX 3DS coming to the west?
as in, the official english one

Hopefully never

>Have trailer for new game
>Show new features in the trailer

Woah what the fuck are they thinking???

I'm not autistic enough for that

Probably never, as well.

Probably going to get pushed back to not interfere with World's sales. Honestly don't care if it comes over because Gen was garbage.

World looks great!

So do we hate World or like it in a school kids way. Pulling on it's hair, taking its pencil, etc?

If I can't play local coop how will I be able to do this with my friends?

Probably never, since XX is completely different of what CAPCOM wants to offer with MHW, which is basically MH5.

But you can always play it with the fan translation, like you probably did with P3rd.

Why does nobody wear a fucking bra

not smart enough, you only care about making your console look good instead of games, go back to /v/

MHW is confirmed for the Gamescom 2017. There will also be a Demo available. Is anyone else going there?

Tweet, which base camp would you like to go?

>General is just non-stop shitposting
Wake me up for that stream on the 20th

Can i be in world!?

Yeah, ok, keep screenshotting your google translated posts, you intelligent man

Wait, is the demo only going to be at Gamescom or is it going to be downloadable?

I have a crush on Rathalos

it cant come soon enough

And this?

Fuck you Capcom, no XX means I aint buying World. Simple as that.

dam!

I played P3rd to death back then and ended skipping 3U due 3rd gen fatigue, might pick it up now to play since I don't want to hack my 3DS for XX and the future of portable MonHun seems uncertain.

Not known yet. Socks just said that it will be playaible

That is true.
Even if PC World works out, I'm certainly going to miss being able to do local co-op with friends.

My best memories of Monster Hunter are playing 4U/X with a couple of my friends at my college commuter lounge.
Just kicking back and grinding whatever we each needed in turns.
And laughing our asses off whenever the desire sensor kicked in and one of us got the gem the other was looking for.

Record was I believe one of us getting like 6 Rathalos Gems in a single multi-rath hunt. It was like a less than 1 in a million chance. And of course, it wasn't the guy who needed just one more Rath gem.

black people... smdh

How the fuck do we go from not localizing the best MonHan yet to creating this fucking abomination?

ur an abomination LOL

local co-op was a meme
shit kept disconnecting even with us sitting right next to each other
ended up having to go into online mode just to have a stable connection with someone sitting literally right next to me

I hope CAPCOM don't hold back on the armor design, though. I'd hate if everything started looking like Dragons Dogma gear just due the whole westernization effort.

So you can still stay on the map after finishing your quest. If you feint 3 times does that still fail the quest and send you back or just fails the quest but leaves you at base camp?

Oh god imagine if they remove the sexy female armor to appeal to 'western sensibilities'

But they already localized 4U, user

>to not interfere with World's sales
That's dumb. If they got switch XX out as a global release, with 3DS for the west as well, there would be plenty of time to rake in gen player sales since MHW isn't coming out until who knows when next year.

>help i've been living under a rock and just got on vg to shitpost please pay attention to meeee

Read the old threads.

I hope we get more cute guildgals with MHW.

I think I finally understand how the Demons Souls fanbase felt about the whole Souls craze.
Soon the casuals who started with World won't even know that there was a Monster Hunter before it.

i thought this only happened to me and my brothers, good to know it's more than isolated

4u wasn't anything special I'm talking about XX.
Im having a blast with it and I'm really annoyed they're not localizing it since I'd gladly pay for that. The fact that the half-finished X was localized and with that half of the work is already done is just baffling.

t. 4babby

There will be no fail condition, you can respawn at the bonfi... Base camp as many times as you need.

You say like its a bad thing

guaranteed to be censored more than the nips' version

Hate.

It was OUR FUCKING SERIES NOT SONY'S

I put up a gen room, and reposted it several times. If people would rather shitpost than play than oh well. I had to take it down to get ready for work.

If incredibly toned down armor was the cost to purge the sluts, I'd take it in a heartbeat

That's a real possibility now, since they are removing all the Japanese quirky things from the game to make it more ''global''.

Yeah, we had that problem too sometimes.
I guess saying it was local co-op isn't exactly accurate.
I just mean the ability to take the game, go sit in some open area with your hunting party, and hunt actually side by side was the comfiest shit.

I guess voicechat will accomplish kinda the same thing, but I don't think it'll be as magical since I can't laugh in my friends face when I get the talisman they were wanting and I can't even use it cause I don't play HH.

Quiet, child

>let me insult you without an argument

>tfw MH is dead now

Well, there's slight hope. Once World bombs and doesn't do 5m+ worldwide, we'll go back to normal MH.

Monster Hunter is relatively popular in the west though. Also part of the reason why Dark Souls took off was because of the "lol prep4re 2 Diezz so hardcore gaymer" marketing. MH takes a while before the game really becomes difficult, and considering how hard people complained about Souls combat feeling clunky, one can only imagine the complaints people will have over weapons like the GS and Lance if they decide to remain faithful.

post your rare sluts

>tfw MH is alive now

>needing an argument to insult somone

>and hunt actually side by side was the comfiest shit
I foresee the revival of the lan party
Hope you've got yourself a portable gaming rig, user

The "starting" gear the hunter was wearing in the trailer looked pretty neat, like a mix of battle and hunter gear

Though im the kinda guy who likes low tier standard lookin armor to BIG ASS FLAMING SHOULDER PADS! But thats the ascetic for some folk I suppose

if they touch my baby (GS), i will cri

As I see the worldwide reaction to MHW im sure we are going to get XX

>tfw MH is alive now

fuk u

why do you think it was dead before?

Bump. Are here only non-Europeans?

If Dalamadur returns, I can die happy when I see Sauron and Chosen Undead armor in 4k HD

I hope we're all excited for MHW here. There are couple buttranged nintenigger shitlords on /v/ trying to shit on it non-stop.

4U had the best starting armor, it's so fashionable.

>I've never played MH before, looking at the trailer, there's no way I am switching from Dauntless
>I see many posts about this, but as someone who never played MH, I find Dauntless' art style, sound and combat hundred times more appealing. The MH E3 trailer looks quite squishy and I wouldn't buy MH even if Dauntless didn't exist at all. After all, everyone can chose for themselfs, but I see Dauntless becoming big, so good luck MH

This really is just Nintendont fags kicking and screaming isnt it?

>Going on /v/ on an E3 and after /pol/ took over.

It's ok they cannot stop the future

I want my gore

they were here during most of e3, but seem to have resigned to their fate and fucked off. except that dude who's still posting google translated nip posts

JE SUIS MONTE

>PS4 only in Japan

Why would I be?
>can instantly fast travel back to base camp whenever you want
>can change equipment and weapon type as often as you want
>can run into bush and become invisible to monsters that were chasing you just a moment ago
>fall off during mountain? no problem, hit button to grapple hook back on there
>can walk and even run while using items and drinking potions
>guiding lights will always show you where to go
>floating damage numbers
>no more prowlers playable

Good times, I miss it dearly.

>implying anyone in nihon has an xbox

I'm waiting until I see actual gameplay and not a bunch of trailerbait setpieces

And then I'll be disappointed anyway when there's less than 20 large monsters and no transmog

Why should they?

I like the gen starting armor with the cloak better
the had is goofy though

Fuck off back to /v/ faggot we don't that shit here, just because someone doesn't agree with the changes doesn't make them a nintenigger.

>everyone who doesn't like MHW is from /v/ and should LEAVE

>mfw I bought a switch

(You)

XX isn't much of an upgrade over X, it's really take it or leave it in regards to localizing it. After having played XX i probably wont replay it if it got localized, but I got into XX the day it was released while now it is has been long enough that most of the info is known about the game to inform a discretionary consumer likely away from investing in it. Seriously they only added a handful of monsters, still staying away from sub-species, and the end-game is absolutely unfun autism tier. I got XX cause i was hoping it would address the problems of X, but it didn't. They just added a couple more hunter arts, one useful new style, a couple monsters, and couple G-rank attack animations and thats really it.

It's only getting better from here onwards

well done, i have to commend you on this one. perhaps your finest shitpost

great arguments dude
thanks for surrendering and admitting MHW is a mistake

>can instantly fast travel back to base camp whenever you want
Disgusting bait, abominable bait

>god forbid people for being sad, angry, confused that their favorite series took an abrupt new direction and huge revision of core concepts

the community just need time to process everything and calm down, everything will be fine.

>Implying we'll see any monsters that could be considered exclusive to the games on the Nintendo systems

the only thing we know for sure is that MHW is gonna sell poorly in japan, just because it was made for the west and Frontier is still a thing
when capcom will realise they fucked up?

I think people would be way more calm if XX also got localized.

>I hit the monster and rocks came out
nani

>Going on /v/ on an E3 and after /pol/ took over.
I wish I could say you were exaggerating. I saw BG&E2 finally announced and went over expecting waves of celebration. Instead every fucking post was about how there were black people in it.

Because fuck