Poorfags who have gas caps that don't lock. Do you get paranoid about people fucking with your car?

Poorfags who have gas caps that don't lock. Do you get paranoid about people fucking with your car?

>parking outside
Please don't do this.
>but I'm poor!
then ride the bus

>not having a motorcycle and parking it in the living room

My 80s honda has no security features and ive been parking it on the street since I bought it
Dont live in a shithole and its not an issue

Only way to even open my petrol door is from the inside of the car. So no worries.

It takes 2 seconds to pry open the door with a screwdriver.

I agree that op might be a little paranoid but it will become an issue when gas is $4 again.

OP, a locking gas cap is $20

In which case insurance will take over for the damage done to the filler door and a full tank of petrol.

Cars made in the last quarter century have 1 way valves in the filler neck, there's no way you could siphon fuel from them

>stealing gasoline from other people's cars
What is this? the 1970s and 80s?

>non locking fuel cap
>nigger steals fuel
>locking fuel cap
>nigger breaks cap off with screw driver and steals fuel
I'd rather non locking desu.

>what do you mean, deductible?

>not having a low deductible because nig-nogs fuck with your car enough to warrant it

I drive a diesel in an area where that seems to be pretty rare. So I would be slightly inconvenienced while the thief could potentially fuck their shit up.

>make a claim on your low deductible comprehensive insurance policy
>pay it back twofold in next year's premiums
Genius

>2016 Civic
>no gas cap
what now faggot?

just stop being poor

IF PEOPLE ARE SUCKING GAS OUT OF YOUR TANK PROBABLY JUST LET EM HAVE IT

WHAT KIND OF THIRD WORLD SHITHOLE WOULD THIS EVEN HAPPEN IN

None of my cars have locking caps, and even the old Ford F100 with the cap just hanging on the side has never been fucked with.

>then ride the bus
Anyone who uses this as an argument has never lived in America. Here it's about $1,050 for a single bedroom apartment in town vs. $500-$600 for a decent house about 30 miles from town, so it's cheaper to drive a $3k Civic with the shittiest $25/mo insurance policy you can find than to live in town. Not to mention that the bus only goes to 3 stops along the main highway through town, the hospital, the mall, and the college.

if someone where i live is siphoning fuel its probably because they are really desperate. so whatever. company gives me a fuel card so idgaf

How bad of a shithole do people live in where this is an actual problem?

I'm assuming it's the Ausfags that have these issues. Fuckin abbo's m8.

I used to live in abo city and to my knowledge never once had my tank siphoned. I seriously doubt that they'd have to brains to work a siphon hose.

Most new cars made in the past umpteen years are difficult if not impossible to siphon out of due to the way they implemented anti-spill when the car rolls over, is on its side, or is upside down. A valve keeps most of the gas from gushing out although it will leak out. But that valve also stops the siphon hose from going further down.

my hearts pounding already user!!
looks like i'm taking a trip to autozone today

Insurance companies always win, if you make a claim then it goes in your history and then your premiums increase.

The only problem is that a determined thief can just drill a hole into the bottom of the tank to drain it instead.

The only non-shit post ITT

This just proves that Veeky Forums is filled with kids with no driver's licenses

And then they blow up

Nah, you don't blow up. Thieves do it a lot. They get $30-$50 in gas and you need a tow + to pay for a replacement tank (and your time or someone's labor to have the new tank put in / existing tank repaired if feasible). Super shitty.

Good thing I don't live in a nigger infested shit hole

It's never happened to me, but when I worked in Omaha I was warned that it was a thing.

Is this a thing that still happens? I don't live near any black people so I don't know.

it's mostly abbos

I live in a city that's over 60% black in the US, but in a white area.

I have 2 security cameras mounted, each looking at either side of my car. Black ppl check the locks on my car doors, on average, once every 2.5 days, usually around 3 am. I have a locking gas cap though so that isn't a concern.

They broke the wooden door to my shed and stole my bike a few weeks ago. I even filed with the cops and saved video footage of the whole thing but they said there was nothing they could do as I didn't have the bike's serial number. It happened at 12 noon and the perps looked right into the camera but "there's nothing they could do."

The local prisons have an "overcrowding issue" but over 50% of prisoners are there for drug crimes because they're easy to prosecute... I don't ever steal, I don't ever hurt ppl, I don't like weapons, but I've manufactured 6 illegal substances (for my own use) for 10 years and somehow I'm the criminal when ppl are around town casing houses and cars all night, fuck society.

>And then they blow up
They do not. As long as you don't have a spark or nearby flame, gasoline pooling on the ground seems to not catch on fire. It's scary looking, but as long as no one tosses a cigarette butt out the car window as their car drives by, the leaking gas tank doesn't catch on fire.

A business owner in our downtown area had complained to me about how his service vans occasionally had gasoline theft due to homeless punching a hole in the bottom of the plastic gas tank and then getting gas for their cars. The extra gas would pool on the ground being a hazard to both all the vehicles parked there and the building, but nothing had caught fire in the years the problems went on. Chain link fencing doesn't work since they cut the fence with bolt cutters. Cameras don't deter since they wear hoodies and cover their faces.

>"there's nothing they could do."
There's lots of things the police can do, and they did that in the "good old days". But tons of lawsuits filed by NAACP and BLM activists resulted in officer careers jeopardized or delayed. So the police officers don't risk doing things unless the victim is a VIP in the community.

>Black ppl check the locks on my car doors, on average, once every 2.5 days

I moved to an HOA due to the crime problem. It was a little hard at first, but now I am pretty good at having a nice-looking yard and keeping the house exterior painted and clean. HOA tend to be nosy, but that is a good thing as it keeps trespassing thieves from scouting out the neighborhood. There are zero of those people checking out my locks.

You have to open mine from inside the car, so no.

People do this?

>Poorfags who have gas caps that don't lock.
My car maker doesn't have locking gas caps when I asked at the dealership parts department. So I bought a locking gas cap at O'Reillys. After using it a while, the CEL light came on. I found out later that oem gas caps maintain a certain pressure level in the gas tank. The locking cap doesn't maintain that pressure level so the CEL gets triggered and it took about 120 miles of driving with the original oem gas cap to make it turn off on its own.

I've lived for at least 2 years in five of the pictured cities. Yes, this shit goes on.

A lot of these ppl make $150-400 a day on this shit (petty theft, casing cars, middle-manning drug deals) with minimal risk of getting caught and little work - much better than $45 a day working fast food.

>pictured

Now pictured. And yeah, I lived in Flint for 4 years (before they switched water sources thankfully).

Good job I don't live in Amefrica and thus do not have this problem.

The fuck you want us to do then? Drive around in MRAPS?

We have problems here with eastern-europeans going around building sites and similar places, draining the diesel off the tanks and machines to put in their own vans, which they then use to travel around and steal whatever they can find

Pic related; this bus was sitting next to an old broken barn, and not visible from the road. The barn was located about two miles off the main road, and you had to drive on a pretty well hidden gravel road and open two "fences" to get there.
Two weeks before it had been filled up with 40 liters of diesel so that we were sure we'd reach the filling station and get it properly filled once we actually went to get the bus and drive it the four hours home

We got about a kilometre before it was empty. We had seen that the hatch for the fuel was open, but didn't think anything of it. Fucking scum, all of them

I live in Miami and I guess I can see why as it's in a shitty area.

>Chain link fencing doesn't work since they cut the fence with bolt cutters. Cameras don't deter since they wear hoodies and cover their faces.

Night watchman on roof with rifle.